The "all-in-one-location" XDA Skyrocket General Info/Root Method/Kernel/ROM Thread!

Search This thread

j2thar1st

Nov 2, 2008
White Plains, NY
No.

Flash ROM, then the kernel(if you dont want the kernel the ROM includes, or the rom doesn't include one). Then after reboot and you let the cache build and settle for a bit, setup the phone. Then boot back into CWM and flash any addons you want(ie battery, theme, etc.)

OK I will do such. Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Reactions: tamcdonald

Presbycusis

Nov 26, 2011
Indianapolis
Just a suggestion....I think this OP needs to be updated with new modems, kernels, roms, OS, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

pete0726

Aug 21, 2011
Louisville
AT&T i727 ICS 4.0.3

2012.03.29-07.10.27.jpegDownloaded the ROM last night, rooted it and installed CWM. So far it's not bad. Smooth scrolling some cool animations and a totally reworked settings menu. Battery life will take about a week to get a good measure. But all in all a good ROM.
Official Samsung Skyrocket ICS Leak
Heimdall Files
http://www.gigashare.in/download/f1b0f20ce1ffc43553dd819c291898a5/bef6e/I727UCALC4_OneClick.exe
http://www.gigashare.in/download/eef5f10007570224cf1dbbb2ea6ab6a4/7fb74/I727UCALC4_heimdall.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: rcdizon

projeqht

Feb 5, 2012
Hey guys, I took the liberty of starting a new ICS 4.0 All in One thread here.

I don't mean to derail this thread as it still has A LOT of very useful information in links. In my new thread there will only be information and links regarding ICS.

This thread still has all the information for how to get started/root from GB etc.

tle1

Nov 18, 2007
a request, need a return to stock 2.3.6 I look all the development forum but haven't gotten any lucks. I tried back to 2.3.5 and tried update OTA to 2.3.6 but keep saying my rom is up current.

robinsonj

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Rogers based ROMs?

I see that the OP hasn't been updated in quite a while...

I messed around with a few ICS ROMS for a while but just don't have the patience to deal with the various issues that almost every one of them have... I've Odined back to the Rogers stock ROM and re-rooted.

When I restore from TiBu I almost always have some kind of issue...
(trust me I've started from scratch several times)
I did not do any backups with any of the ICS ROMs (at least I'm fairly sure I didn't)

Here's what I've tried so far:

Restore all apps and data - big problem, don't do this after you've flashed something
Restore missing apps and system data - almost the same (as I expected because I figure it's the "system data" causing the issues)
Restore missing apps and data - better but I still got some FCs (wiping cache and dalvik and fixing permissions helped but still get some google process FCs)

I also tried installing my apps from Play Store and "cherry picking" the system data I wanted to restore (contacts, BT pairings, wireless...) - this ALMOST works but still gives me a bit of grief with acore and google processes. Also tried clearing dalvik, cache, and fixing permissions and it reduced the issues but didn't eliminate them.

What HAS worked is flashing another ROM (I used ICE) after getting it almost stable with the last procedure in the list. The phone is now stable and everything works but because it's based on the ATT ROM, it includes bloat that I don't want, and a "settings menu" that has unuseable stuff in it (OTA, ATT WiFi, and a few others) I can debloat, but I can't fix the settings menu.
(and ICE includes transparent lock screens and pulldowns that annoy me and I can't figure out how to change them :mad:)

Can anyone reccomend a Rogers based ROM that might not be in the OP? I'm really looking for something I can just flash without losing data, since I finally have most of it back...

Thanks in advance,
Jamie

moises1204

Apr 16, 2010
my sgs2 skyrokect keeps on goig to download mode

can anyone help please? my sgs2 skyrokect when i try to reboot it goes to download mode, i try installing different roms but it keeps on doing the same thing, i have try GB stock rom, ics roms and no luck, an other thing too is that none of my computers recognize the phone ether, it would charge but it will not mount the sdcard?

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Odin [how to] from k0nane needs to be updated with the official tar files from Sammobile. As the ones currently posted in his op will trigger flash counter!
Please if you are concerned about your flash counter being trigger do not use the files he provides, go to sammobile website register and search for i727 download the files for skyrocket and the tar.md5 file flash it with Odin that is the only proven way to not trigger counter.
Hope k0nane will update this some day......

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
can anyone help please? my sgs2 skyrokect when i try to reboot it goes to download mode, i try installing different roms but it keeps on doing the same thing, i have try GB stock rom, ics roms and no luck, an other thing too is that none of my computers recognize the phone ether, it would charge but it will not mount the sdcard?

What happened before this happening? Was the device working fine? What did you do to cause this?
More detail please.

Zonen

Nov 30, 2010
So I have read the entire forum and feel mixed review on if this is.safe for someone who just got a sky rocket. My android version is 2.3.6 i727ucla3. Is this a safe method?

Snow02

Dec 6, 2009
Hmm. This is definitely incrementing the counter as noted. Also, I didn't check auto-reboot and the flash completed successfully, but the phone would only reboot into the boatloader claiming there was a firmware update error. Should letting it reboot automatically make a difference?

I'm no stranger to Odin. Just found this odd and didn't see a similar error reported in the thread. I reflashed twice already.

mikerowes69

Jun 28, 2011
Google Pixel 6
I learned the hard way what Odin will do. I hard bricked my phone. No lights, nothing after using Odin to go back to 2.3.5 stock. I used pit section and PDA. Should had only used PDA however I never seen any instructions on sammobile. During the Odin restore I noticed the progress was not moving after 20 mins so I pulled the plug and battery. Life was gone from phone. It had been 3 months since I used Odin for the skyrocket so I thought I would use my memory. Nope I was wrong. Find the do's and don'ts for Odin flashing skyrocket. However got a replacement next day. So now I stick to DD commands unless it is for recovery so I can flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I learned the hard way what Odin will do. I hard bricked my phone. No lights, nothing after using Odin to go back to 2.3.5 stock. I used pit section and PDA. Should had only used PDA however I never seen any instructions on sammobile. During the Odin restore I noticed the progress was not moving after 20 mins so I pulled the plug and battery. Life was gone from phone. It had been 3 months since I used Odin for the skyrocket so I thought I would use my memory. Nope I was wrong. Find the do's and don'ts for Odin flashing skyrocket. However got a replacement next day. So now I stick to DD commands unless it is for recovery so I can flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Using the sammobile tar is the same as any odin tar. Place tar in pda, make sure only reboot is checked, phone is recognized in the com port, press start.

toothpick5

Dec 15, 2010
WOW this thread needs to be updated!!! Or un-sticky! The information is WAY old! Any newer collections of ROMS/Kernels out there?

EDIT: NEVERMIND! Here it is: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1573218

But still... mods should unstick this thread IMO... the other one has all the current info. PPL could brick their phones using this ancient info!

Last edited:

super-6-1

May 21, 2010
Norfolk
Hey, i flashed this kernal on my phone and now it does nothing at all, wont come on, wont even say its charging or anything... anyone know a fix?

Top Liked Posts