Samsung S5 lol

Search This thread

fr0st420

Apr 9, 2008
Kaukauna, WI
Heart rate monitor is pretty cool. Looks the same as the s4 so if you like that look you should be happy.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riff76

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
As long as you slap a cover on the S5 it won't matter if it was decorated pink and covered in flowers. If the M8 does have that bezel and soft keys like the numerous leaked pics show then you're going to have to get creative on how to hide that monumental f-up. My brother is looking to upgrade his EVO LTE and as much as I've refrained from recommending Samsung I just can't get over the M8's apparent waste of screen space.

phat78boy

Sep 6, 2006
Don't people consider the unnecessary hardware buttons by Samsung a waste of screen space? To me the M8 looks much better. I don't think the HTC label at the bottom is all that bad either.

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
Not exact comparison but you get the idea. Samsung's hardware button doesn't have the same impact as HTC's bezel-software combo. It almost looks like the M8 has a bigger bezel than the One but can't tell for sure. Rumor is the M8will have a 0.3-0.4 screen increase over the One, and judging by the illustration that isn't enough to overcome the real estate being used by the software keys. No idea how newcomers will feel but I know if I bought the M8 in this form, every time I look at the screen it will remind me of the extra room I had on my One. I mean, what did HTC do with the extra room inside? Did the extra lens up top mean they had to move things around toward the bottom? I would love to hear HTC's excuse for this, it really irritates me.

Attachments

• mockup-htc-m8-leoside.jpg
    mockup-htc-m8-leoside.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 428

rank78

Dec 1, 2009
There used to be a guy around here, I think in the EVO 3d days, that always said he didn't care if the phone was pink and had pictures of dicks all over it cause he would always put a case on it. Rank just reminded me of that guy lol

haha that wasn't me but its true. I bought a clear case for my One because its a crime hiding it, otherwise all phones look generally the same when protected properly.

Reactions: Riff76

eXplicit815

Jan 10, 2008
Apopka, FL
Seriously, if you look at the grand scheme of things, the fact that HTC is using extra screen real-estate for their logo is a isn't that big of a deal. It's petty, really. The fact is, if HTC comes out with a phone with nicer pictures, video, form factor, and other features, you're not going to care after you buy it.

fachadick

Jul 3, 2010
Northern NJ
fachadick.wordpress.com
Reactions: fr0st420

acme64

Mar 4, 2009
I'd rather use my HTC without a case but i don't want it damaged. It's by far the most beautiful phone I've seen. If HTC pulls a Samsung and releases the same thing with new specs i'd take my fanboy ass down to the store.

ctiger

Oct 22, 2008
Is the s5 water tight? That gotta be a cool thing. also, how did they do with heart rate? I don't think put the phone in your pocket you can get heart rate.

THADDIUS25

Oct 16, 2011
SELMA
Is the s5 water tight? That gotta be a cool thing. also, how did they do with heart rate? I don't think put the phone in your pocket you can get heart rate.

The heart rate thing is just a app I think. There's already a app in the playstore that does the same thing. And the dust proof and water tight is old , Sony been doing that.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rank78

Dec 1, 2009

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Man, I may have to come back to HTC... I don't care if the phone has actual pieces of **** stuck on the bezel that phone is hotness... All I need to see is the signal not drop to **** when holding the phone in my left hand and I also need 4G not to drop to 3G as soon as I touch the phone.. If those things are fixed I'll be back where I belong. Miss some of you guys!

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sslbaron and Riff76

joseh92

Apr 5, 2012
Brentwood
Take a look at the new desire the have announced, design wise the black bezel with the logo isn't bad at all. It that design or at least some of it goes to the m8 I could care less if it has the bar with the logo. As long as it's better than this ****hole S4.5

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Man, I may have to come back to HTC... I don't care if the phone has actual pieces of **** stuck on the bezel that phone is hotness... All I need to see is the signal not drop to **** when holding the phone in my left hand and I also need 4G not to drop to 3G as soon as I touch the phone.. If those things are fixed I'll be back where I belong. Miss some of you guys!

I don't get it. People have so many issues with this HTC one. I own my htc one since day one and I've never had any issues, no purple camera tint, no WiFi or Bluetooth issues, no heating issues, no battery issues, no design issues, no signal issues, no 4g issues, and no slowdowns and speaker blowing. My 4g signal is always on, I barely use my WiFi at home and my optimum WiFi when I go out. Seems unreal but I guess I got extremely lucky.

theotrman

May 29, 2011
EVERYWHERE!
As long as you slap a cover on the S5 it won't matter if it was decorated pink and covered in flowers. If the M8 does have that bezel and soft keys like the numerous leaked pics show then you're going to have to get creative on how to hide that monumental f-up. My brother is looking to upgrade his EVO LTE and as much as I've refrained from recommending Samsung I just can't get over the M8's apparent waste of screen space.

My concern as well. We have immersive mode, but it takes a little tinkering to make the ascetics of the screen seem nice while staring at it.

From what I've read most of the reasoning behind this change is so SENSE can become a lighter UI as it relates to future ANDROID updates. It should help future update processes become a smoother transition. Changes like soft keys potentially help them market the point that HTC will update future flagships fir 2 years.

Crossing my fingers for them to get creative with the HTC LOGO at the bottom of the screen.

We can all pick apart what any said manufacturer or designer does or does not do, but my take on HTC is they have made a company wide change in philosophy, implemented herr in the US and in UK to have a grassroots touch with their customer.

They want our input and to me it shows.

ctiger

Oct 22, 2008
The heart rate thing is just a app I think. There's already a app in the playstore that does the same thing. And the dust proof and water tight is old , Sony been doing that.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/24/samsung-galaxy-s5-preview/

pics show the heart rate monitor on the back under the cam and cover that protects usb port from water, vid shows heart rate monitor in action. I can imagine the usb cover getting annoying in a weeks time lol

Gotta, thanks guys, looks like you'll have to hold your finger to the heart rate sensor for some time for it to pick up. It's kinda not so practical, not like a fitness watch that will sorta keep an eye on your heart rate as you go. How often will you put your finger to that sensor to get your heart rate?

so to achieve water tight, do they give up the battery cover or something?

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Take a look at the new desire the have announced, design wise the black bezel with the logo isn't bad at all. It that design or at least some of it goes to the m8 I could care less if it has the bar with the logo. As long as it's better than this ****hole S4.5

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

I don't get it. People have so many issues with this HTC one. I own my htc one since day one and I've never had any issues, no purple camera tint, no WiFi or Bluetooth issues, no heating issues, no battery issues, no design issues, no signal issues, no 4g issues, and no slowdowns and speaker blowing. My 4g signal is always on, I barely use my WiFi at home and my optimum WiFi when I go out. Seems unreal but I guess I got extremely lucky.

Well, I had really bad 4G issue before. I found my One works great all the time, but the 4G was horrible, not only because the coverage(fake coverage map on Sprint), but also when in the 4G area, it won't keep on 4G, dropped all the time back to 3G, until last December fix.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Have the similar feeling about that bezel thing. I can't understand what are they thinking, for brand awareness? if that's the case, why don't they just keep the One style with two hard buttons, maybe just make the htc as home button, which makes great sense.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been gone for a while.... But I have to say that S5 isn't very appealing to me. Really have high hopes for the M8.
    There used to be a guy around here, I think in the EVO 3d days, that always said he didn't care if the phone was pink and had pictures of dicks all over it cause he would always put a case on it. Rank just reminded me of that guy lol

the bloat on the s5 is just horrible. I remember the s4 having like 8.8 gb of free space and now from the looks of the screenshots the s5 has 1 gb less of free space... 7.8 gb anyone?? I know it shouldn't matter as much because of the SD storage but still... it's costing you money and Sammy is ripping you off. I know the s4 16gb model launched for $250 w/ contract.. add another $10-40 for 16 to 32gb sdcard.
    The S5 is the ugliest phone I've ever seen. I really thought they would make sth nice this year...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk