Mail app crashes

Search This thread

hceuterpe

Apr 3, 2007
Anyone using the standard built-in Mail app? Perhaps specifically linked to an Exchange account? I noticed if I go back from a outgoing message that gets saved in the drafts folder, when I try to resume the Mail app repeatedly crashes when I try to navigate and open it to the continue.

djh816

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 26, 2009
I use the mail app with exchange and have zero issues. I don't have any drafts so I can't confirm your bug but I have yet to have force close for mail app. I am on Clean rom fwiw.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Saints775

Nov 17, 2011
Reno
I'm on SKYFALL 2.6 and use the mail app with an exchange account with no problems. Are you able to send/receive? Does the outgoing mail automatically go to drafts? Maybe a server setting?

Sent from that One M8 via Tapatalk

hceuterpe

Apr 3, 2007
Send and receive works great. If I type a new email without interuption it also sends fine. However, it's when I exit out of type the mail, and then getting automatically saved to drafts is where the problem creaps. Can you try that and see what happens to you?

I'm still running stock (waiting for stable CM11).

Saints775

Nov 17, 2011
Reno
Send and receive works great. If I type a new email without interuption it also sends fine. However, it's when I exit out of type the mail, and then getting automatically saved to drafts is where the problem creaps. Can you try that and see what happens to you?

I'm still running stock (waiting for stable CM11).

I tried to send an e-mail (worked) then I tried to save an e-mail to draft and then send which also worked. I tired writing an e-mail and leaving the app and the e-mail was saved to drafts which I was able to send shortly thereafter.