[Q] Stuck in TWRP recovery project in G2

Search This thread

brownbullet

Jan 20, 2014
Hi out there looking for help with my G2 (D803) . I am new to all this rooting and TWRP stuff but been trying to learn and figure this out. I accepted some update after which the phone only boots into TWRP recovery project v2.6.3.2 now. Looks like I lost everything else (at least that is what I think has happened).

So I have been reading on the forums and learned about using ADB devices and getting the right rom from xda-developers (I am with Telus in Canada) - used http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 - downloaded LG support tool and flash tool and drivers for phone and installed them all on the computer.

I first had trouble pushing the rom on to my phone (using ADB devices and ADB push commands) because the phone would just turn off while transferring and I could only regain access when the battery is fully drained (happens really fast now?) and I recharge (which seems to take forever now?).

I took the phone to a store and they did some tweaking (says SIMULATING ACTIONS on the title now below TWRP and version number) after which I could push the ROM (I did rename it on the computer) successfully on to the phone using "ADB push" in command prompt.

I proceeded to install the rom and it says successful but clearly it did not work. What I see is:

Finished running boot script.
E:storage partition '//TWRP/BACKUPS/018bf7ce0f4c6fa0' not found
simulation actions ...
updating partition details ...

but then I reboot and it goes back into TWRP.

I tried going through flashtool as well and followed the steps to install the kdz file but it seems like the computer is not connecting to the phone. But if i go to device manager the device shows and says working properly (i installed the drivers already) and you also hear the beep when plugging in the USB cable into the phone. again it also seems to connect through command prompt because i can push a file successfully.

I am getting worried that I am out of luck with this phone :eek:. Can anyone help or provide suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

flutterguy317

Nov 7, 2013
Hi out there looking for help with my G2 (D803) . I am new to all this rooting and TWRP stuff but been trying to learn and figure this out. I accepted some update after which the phone only boots into TWRP recovery project v2.6.3.2 now. Looks like I lost everything else (at least that is what I think has happened).

So I have been reading on the forums and learned about using ADB devices and getting the right rom from xda-developers (I am with Telus in Canada) - used http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 - downloaded LG support tool and flash tool and drivers for phone and installed them all on the computer.

I first had trouble pushing the rom on to my phone (using ADB devices and ADB push commands) because the phone would just turn off while transferring and I could only regain access when the battery is fully drained (happens really fast now?) and I recharge (which seems to take forever now?).

I took the phone to a store and they did some tweaking (says SIMULATING ACTIONS on the title now below TWRP and version number) after which I could push the ROM (I did rename it on the computer) successfully on to the phone using "ADB push" in command prompt.

I proceeded to install the rom and it says successful but clearly it did not work. What I see is:

simulation actions ...

I tried going through flashtool as well and followed the steps to install the kdz file but it seems like the computer is not connecting to the phone. But if i go to device manager the device shows and says working properly (i installed the drivers already) and you also hear the beep when plugging in the USB cable into the phone. again it also seems to connect through command prompt because i can push a file successfully.

I am getting worried that I am out of luck with this phone :eek:. Can anyone help or provide suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like everything in TWRP is being simulated, which would mean that no files are actually written. Try going into Settings in TWRP, uncheck the "Simulate actions" checkbox, and run the rom installation again.

brownbullet

Jan 20, 2014
I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like everything in TWRP is being simulated, which would mean that no files are actually written. Try going into Settings in TWRP, uncheck the "Simulate actions" checkbox, and run the rom installation again.

Thanks for the reply. It definitely did something because the installation process moves forward now. Now I get:

Zip signature verification failed: 1
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/telus.zip

also when i unclick zip file verification in setting i also see:

checking for MD5 file...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found

So problem with the zip file? I downloaded it off xda-developers but I renamed the file to Telus.zip and pushed it on to the phone in the sdcard directory.

Last edited:

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
Download the whole Rom and flash it

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bigpappapuff

Aug 19, 2008
Gun City
Thanks for the reply. It definitely did something because the installation process moves forward now. Now I get:

Zip signature verification failed: 1
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/telus.zip

also when i unclick zip file verification in setting i also see:

checking for MD5 file...
skipping MD5 check: no MD5 file found

So problem with the zip file? I downloaded it off xda-developers but I renamed the file to Telus.zip and pushed it on to the phone in the sdcard directory.
you are a fxxxing genius thnx you so much

Capt Vikram Sandhu

Nov 19, 2014
Indore

Hi,
Was stuck with my HTC Butterfly x920d with the same. Thanks for your guidance, was able to recover.
Foolishly, I had SIMULATE option checked in the recovery settings. Though was able to boot into system but no account, no google & reset stuck into recovery.

Thanks a ton
(I was trying to reset this device for my father)

Vols23

Apr 20, 2017
How do you get into settings when it goes straight to simulating actions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

simulation actions ...