Newly Rooted 4.4.2 - Only boots to recovery

Search This thread

BLMaros

Jun 7, 2008
Independence, MO
Okay guys so I just rooted my att note 3 that was completely up to date using the towelroot.com method found here. Stupidly of me I was trying to follow a thread to change my system language in build.prop but after doing that It ONLY boots to recovery / safestrap. After the safestrap screen I tell it to continue to boot normaly and all i get after that is a black screen.

Any ideas? Is it possible to flash safestrap from odin / heimdall / recovery?

Ive tried factory resetting from safestrap and recovery and that didn't change anything.

I not even sure I have safestrap at this point I can get into recovery, and download mode but it sits at the "Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 [Unlocked Icon] Custom" screen. It wont actually progress to the safestrap.

Before I tried to edit that build.prop the root / safestrap worked fine all day today, restarted several times for different reasons and still worked afterwards.

I had no encryption enabled.

Via recovery -

"Android system recovery <3e>
KOT49H.N900AUCUCNC2
"

**** This Worked ****
Possibly? this as a fix?

Last edited:

farmerj

Jul 31, 2012
El Paso
Anyone have a N900AUCUCNC2 ROM or firmware I can flash?

i have the .zip files for it and odin 3
*it sounds to me like a bootloop or a softbrick, I would recommend using this odin 3 and flash the stock kk rom the one i have is the unofficial and is pre-rooted. but it works when i bricked mine repeatedly trying roms.

Last edited:

BLMaros

Jun 7, 2008
Independence, MO
i have the .zip files for it and odin 3
*it sounds to me like a bootloop or a softbrick, I would recommend using this odin 3 and flash the stock kk rom the one i have is the unofficial and is pre-rooted. but it works when i bricked mine repeatedly trying roms.

That'd be awesome if you could get that to me some how. I more or less have everything fixed but the wake-up after entering my pattern lock is ungodly slow so I'd like to possibly try a different one.

Top Liked Posts