[Q] Root/S-Off without HTCDev

Search This thread

comoba

May 18, 2009
LG G6
LG V60 ThinQ
Hi, I know this has probably been asked soo many times already, and I can't really trust the methods to work, since I fear they might be out of date and will just mess my phone up badly.

I've ran with HTC Sense since I got the phone, I thought I'd try it out before rooting it ASAP when I bought it.
Now, when I've grown tired of this, I find out that, in order to get S-Off, HTC wants to wipe my entire phone, "sdcard" included, along with some preloaded apps. URGH.

So, my main goal here is to get S-Off, without having to backup my entire storage (so many tv episodes and flac), and root, in order to obtain some mods with Xposed. I may or may not flash another rom, at this point, I'm still digging HTC Sense thought.

I'm currently running Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), I haven't brother to update to kitkat, because I wanted to root/S-off at some point
Thank you and I hope you forgive me for posting yet another question like this.

e; Was thinking about it a bit, maybe I could upgrade to kitkat before rooting or so- really curious what it will bring to HTC One (reading a bit about it)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-23-19-28-02.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-23-19-28-02.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2014-03-23-19-28-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-23-19-28-22.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
In the one general forum there is a post for firewater s off. There is a temp root option in there that does give the option of doing it without the Dev unlock which does the wipe. It doesn't work for everyone. If that doesn't work though you need to do the Dev unlock which will wipe it. It's not that hard to connect your phone to a computer to back up everything so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app