[GUIDE][N9005][TOUCHWIZ] From 4.3 to 4.4.2 NA6 Without any Data Lost!

Search This thread

AlbertoSONIC

Jul 16, 2012
Arezzo
HOW TO INSTALL A 4.4.2 TOUCHWIZ ROM OVER A 4.3 ONE WITHOUT DATA LOST

REQUIREMENTS:
-Note 3 (N9005 model only!)
-Computer (with windows)
-Installed driver (install Kies, driver will be installed automatically)
-An USB cable
-This zip file: Download
-CWM Recovery: Download
-A 4.4.2 NA6 Touchwiz rom, choose and download it from Galaxy Note 3 Android Development section.

IMPORTANT:
1)You can follow this guide only as a N9005 user. Other Note 3 models will probably be destroyed.
2)I’m not responsible of what happends to your terminal. I updated my Note 3 doing these steps and it worked for me. If you follow my guide step by step, you will not fail. Do this update only if you know what are you doing.
3)Remember that updating bootloader to 4.4.2 will not allow to come back to 4.3 touchwiz roms or bootloader and will not allow to install 4.4.2 aosp-based roms.

LET’S START!

1) Extract the downloaded “Note3_Update_BootLoader.zip” file. I suggest to make a new folder and to drag and drop all the zip contnent into it. Copy downloaded “n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125).tar” file in the same folder.

2) Put you phone in download mode (turn it off and then hold down power button, volume – button and home button together until something shows on the phone screen. Now press volume up to confirm that you know what are you doing.

3)Open “Odin3 v3.09.exe” with Administrator privileges (right click on odin icon and click Run as Administrator)

4)Now “untick” Auto-Reboot. By doing that, your phone will not reboot after flashing bootloader.

a42xe1.png

5)Tap on BL button and open “BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar”

e04gm8.png

6)Now connect you phone via USB Cable, wait if you computer is installing drivers and then press Start Button. Wait till it finishes flashing

7)Now close Odin, take you phone (that still be in download mode) and hold down Power button + Volume down button + home button until it reboots in download mode, again. Press volume up to confirm.

8)Open Odin again, run it as Administrator. Now untick Auto-Reboot.

9)Tap on AP button and open “n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125).tar”. Now tap on Start Button.

15h23rq.png

10)Wait until it finishes flashing. Now close odin and take your phone. Hold down power button + volume up button + home button until it reboots in recovery mode.

11)Phone will show some texts and than it will reboot again. Hold down power button + volume up button + home button until it reboots again in recovery. Now you can install your 4.4.2 touchwiz rom. DON’T WIPE ANYTHING!

12)When rom is installed, reboot your phone… All Done! And you did not lost anything!

IF THIS GUIDE WAS HELPFULL FOR YOU, HIT THANKS BUTTON!

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
First thing I don't understand is why we needs guide on development section.
Another thing is title. I didn't get you about data wipe. There are two method to update ROM either with CWM OR Odin (mobile odin/PC odin). If we directly flash stock ROM with odin that also doesn't wipe isn't ?
Problem only starts when we flash 4.4 on 4.3 (with any od said method) and device stuck at samsung logo. in that situation nothing but factory reset only works.
This guide can have better title how to flash bootloader and CWM recovery.

Last edited:

AlbertoSONIC

Jul 16, 2012
Arezzo
First thing I don't understand is why we needs guide on development section.
Another thing is title. I didn't get you about data wipe. There are two method to update ROM either with CWM OR Odin (mobile odin/PC odin). If we directly flash stock ROM with odin that also doesn't wipe isn't ?
Problem only starts when we flash 4.4 on 4.3 (with any od said method) and device stuck at samsung logo. in that situation nothing but factory reset only works.
This guide can have better title how to flash bootloader and CWM recovery.

Thread moved by mods... my mistake. If you update to 4.4.2 from 4.3 using full firmware you need to wipe in order to boot to android.... This isn't needed if you update bootloader only... i wrote how to update from 4.4.2 without factory reset, installing bootloader only! If you follow this guide you will not have to wipe, so you keep root, recovery and data! It works, now i'm writing from a 4.4.2 rom, yesterday was 4.3 and i didn't lost nothing.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
OK, then when some users update 4.4 via OTA does their device gets stuck to boot? OTA also have new bootloader. Same way if someone flash 4.4 via Kies does their device gets wipe/stuck at samsung logo?
This thing is depends on data of device and may or may not stuck. In case it can't boot up, you needs wipe and nothing else will work in such situation.

AlbertoSONIC

Jul 16, 2012
Arezzo
OK, then when some users update 4.4 via OTA does their device gets stuck to boot? OTA also have new bootloader. Same way if someone flash 4.4 via Kies does their device gets wipe/stuck at samsung logo?
This thing is depends on data of device and may or may not stuck. In case it can't boot up, you needs wipe and nothing else will work in such situation.

OTAs and Odin firmwares are totally different. OTAs are a lot lighter then odin firmwares and personally i've never seen a phone that enters in download mode while updating using OTA. If you flash a firmware using odin, you probabily need to wipe data. If you flash bootloader only, you don't need to wipe. Trust me. I didn't left anything using this method, so i thought to share what i did. You don't must to follow this steps. But maybe there's someone that wants to do that. I wrote this guide for this "someone".

OTAs and Odin firmwares are totally different. OTAs are a lot lighter then odin firmwares and personally i've never seen a phone that enters in download mode while updating using OTA. If you flash a firmware using odin, you probabily need to wipe data. If you flash bootloader only, you don't need to wipe. Trust me. I didn't left anything using this method, so i thought to share what i did. You don't must to follow this steps. But maybe there's someone that wants to do that. I wrote this guide for this "someone".

With your method though if you are on Knox 0x0 you get Knox 0x1 right? Because you flash custom recovery as I understand right? Because I am on 4.3 with Knox 0x0 and I would like to flash 4.4.2 without data loss but I am going to trip Knox If I use your method right? And if so, is there a method I can flash 4.4.2 without data loss and without tripping Knox?

AlbertoSONIC

Jul 16, 2012
Arezzo
I'm sorry, but there aren't any ways.... you'll trip knox if you follow this guide and if you update using full fimware, you will need to wipe data.... A question: why do you keep knox to 0x0? Warranty covers factory damages only, not user damages.... so if you had any factory damage, it should be already appeared!

AlbertoSONIC

Jul 16, 2012
Arezzo
Well there are damages that aren't really user damages. If m/b gets fried or if screen gets damaged. For example on my S3 the volume buttons stopped working and it was covered by warranty. Am I wrong?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

You're right.... Samsung Warranty isn't clear... in some centers, they repair phones for free even if knox is 0x1, in other centers this doesn't happen. If you're lucky, you won't have any problem!

Ok finally rooted on 4.3 and used your method to flash XNOTE 8. Worked perfectly, no data loss :)
Good! Welcome to knox 0x1 world ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

REQUIREMENTS:
    -Note 3 (N9005 model only!)
    -Computer (with windows)
    -Installed driver (install Kies, driver will be installed automatically)
    -An USB cable
    -This zip file: Download
    -CWM Recovery: Download
    -A 4.4.2 NA6 Touchwiz rom, choose and download it from Galaxy Note 3 Android Development section.

IMPORTANT:
    1)You can follow this guide only as a N9005 user. Other Note 3 models will probably be destroyed.
    2)I’m not responsible of what happends to your terminal. I updated my Note 3 doing these steps and it worked for me. If you follow my guide step by step, you will not fail. Do this update only if you know what are you doing.
    3)Remember that updating bootloader to 4.4.2 will not allow to come back to 4.3 touchwiz roms or bootloader and will not allow to install 4.4.2 aosp-based roms.

LET’S START!

1) Extract the downloaded “Note3_Update_BootLoader.zip” file. I suggest to make a new folder and to drag and drop all the zip contnent into it. Copy downloaded “n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125).tar” file in the same folder.

2) Put you phone in download mode (turn it off and then hold down power button, volume – button and home button together until something shows on the phone screen. Now press volume up to confirm that you know what are you doing.

3)Open “Odin3 v3.09.exe” with Administrator privileges (right click on odin icon and click Run as Administrator)

4)Now “untick” Auto-Reboot. By doing that, your phone will not reboot after flashing bootloader.

a42xe1.png

5)Tap on BL button and open “BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar”

e04gm8.png

6)Now connect you phone via USB Cable, wait if you computer is installing drivers and then press Start Button. Wait till it finishes flashing

7)Now close Odin, take you phone (that still be in download mode) and hold down Power button + Volume down button + home button until it reboots in download mode, again. Press volume up to confirm.

8)Open Odin again, run it as Administrator. Now untick Auto-Reboot.

9)Tap on AP button and open “n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125).tar”. Now tap on Start Button.

15h23rq.png

10)Wait until it finishes flashing. Now close odin and take your phone. Hold down power button + volume up button + home button until it reboots in recovery mode.

11)Phone will show some texts and than it will reboot again. Hold down power button + volume up button + home button until it reboots again in recovery. Now you can install your 4.4.2 touchwiz rom. DON’T WIPE ANYTHING!

12)When rom is installed, reboot your phone… All Done! And you did not lost anything!

IF THIS GUIDE WAS HELPFULL FOR YOU, HIT THANKS BUTTON!
    Ok finally rooted on 4.3 and used your method to flash XNOTE 8. Worked perfectly, no data loss :)
    I asked other people from my country (Greece), and they say that Samsung is going to accept warranty claims even on Knox 0x1. That's why I did it :) hope it's true ;)

Στάλθηκε από το SM-N9005 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    Great ..thank you..smooth update..:victory:
    thanks really really man your the best i couldnt update from 4.3

[/CENTER]

exactly as you said i couldnt updatefrom 4.3 but after flashing bootloader am on 4.4.2 thnx man