Petition to get Cataclysm Updated to 4.4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jmazzamj

Nov 19, 2013
I'd really love to see Atlantis getting back to support Cataclysm, it's still among the best ROMs available for the N5.
I wonder how he could possibly pack in so many features 40 days after release...

aaa12585

Dec 26, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Like I said before, Atlantis is having personal problems and is currently in jail and SORRY I can't release his name.

I'm sorry, when did you say this before?

How do you know he's in jail? No one knows for sure where he is OR if he's okay. There's no proof and there's no one willing to give proof.

Also, lying isn't a nice thing to do. Stay out of it if you don't know what's happening.

This petition is something I can vouch for, but until we hear from Atlantis, 4.4.2 is the best we're getting guys.

Lets let this go.

alfavictor

Dec 12, 2012
I used to be a flash whore on my Galaxy S2. But ever since I flashed Cataclysm on my Nexus 5, I've been off the flashing scene for 6 months straight! I'd love to see Cataclysm upgraded to 4.4.3!!

Reactions: m52 power!

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
I think most of us who owned some kind of device that had issues were flashoholics at some point in our lives. I used to flash my HTC Desire (Bravo) like crazy, you always have some sort of problem that needs fixing. Owning a nexus is a whole different story.

Anyways, Cataclysm was my rom of choice on the nexus 4, so thumbs up for atlantis' return.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Qualith

Nov 12, 2010
+1 to 4.4.3 Cataclysm. That is my current ROM since many months ago.
Fast and clean, with all I need.

amadib

Jul 29, 2010
Washington DC
Google Pixel 3a
Like I said before, Atlantis is having personal problems and is currently in jail and SORRY I can't release his name.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

In the meantime one can achieve exactly same mods using stock 4.4.3 with xposed+gravity.

Thanks for the update :( that's sad to hear, but reassuring that he's alive.

Please keep us posted on how we can help. It would be nice to see the xda community pitch in and help give back like he provided to us...

reiper

Aug 18, 2012
London
it is indeed very sad. no other rom was so fast and stable besides the stock which of course lacks of some features (and xposed doesn't support art).

Reactions: m52 power!

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
You guys are all acting like the dev is some sort of hero... If he REALLY is in jail for domestic abuse, stop putting him on a pedestal. He's EXACTLY where he deserves to be. I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend, but domestic violence has been a part of my life and it is NEVER okay. I truly hope he learns his lesson.

If you want a comparable ROM, build it yourself. So his sources aren't open, just cherry pick all the same features...

Just please, stop praising him. Someone who is involved in that sort of thing deserves fully to be in jail. I've personally seen the devastation that domestic violence can cause first hand and it is freaking horrible. Stop acting like he's some awesome person when you don't even know him. Sorry if I offended you, but you try listening to people praise a man who's in jail for domestic violence after you've seen what I have.

Find a new ROM already. Get over it...

umataro42

Jan 28, 2011
Not to knock Cataclysm, but there are other ROMs that are equally as awesome. Purity for example. Just sayin' ;)

I second that suggestion. It's the closest ROM to Cataclysm out of the ones I've tried, and it's updated to 4.4.3.

After it seemed like Cataclysm would not see a 4.4.3 update, I tried out a couple ROMs that seemed more likely to update to the next version. First CarbonROM, but 2 days in I started getting forced reboots (several times a day, sometimes within minutes of each other), so then I tried BeanStalk only to read further in the forum that the dev was busy with real life stuff (which is understandable and I wish him well). Finally, I saw Purity ROM listed as being on 4.4.3 so I gave it a try, and it's pretty close to Cataclysm in being mostly stock, with a few of the good extras, and the battery life I have it with it is similar to Cataclysm (which was great).

It's a stable ROM, so there's no nightlies, just periodic updates if new features show up (from what I've seen).

rich2007

Jul 28, 2007
I second that suggestion. It's the closest ROM to Cataclysm out of the ones I've tried, and it's updated to 4.4.3.

After it seemed like Cataclysm would not see a 4.4.3 update, I tried out a couple ROMs that seemed more likely to update to the next version. First CarbonROM, but 2 days in I started getting forced reboots (several times a day, sometimes within minutes of each other), so then I tried BeanStalk only to read further in the forum that the dev was busy with real life stuff (which is understandable and I wish him well). Finally, I saw Purity ROM listed as being on 4.4.3 so I gave it a try, and it's pretty close to Cataclysm in being mostly stock, with a few of the good extras, and the battery life I have it with it is similar to Cataclysm (which was great).

It's a stable ROM, so there's no nightlies, just periodic updates if new features show up (from what I've seen).

Same here, move on people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I love this ROM, but the official thread is locked - I would love to see it updated, and I know lots of you would too. Let's show Atlantis that we value his work and really want him to keep going!
    I think this has gone on for long enough. Wild speculation about someones well being is in poor taste guys.

Thread Closed.
    May I say a few words about developers simply quit developing...

It is a process that requires plenty of hours, long hours sitting on a chair, many device reboots. Not to mention those precious hours you could go out with your friends, wife or anyone. No matter how much joy you get by doing this and from people's thanks and appreciation, it eventually wares you off. I myself once published a theme on Google Play (PitchBlack) and as it was getting more popular, I had to keep up on people's requests, make it better. At that time I must have rebooted my phone literally countless times, bought 2 extra batteries (well not only for that...pitchblack rom also) and one failed motherboard which was taken care by samsung's service. Not to mention that I was having back pains. So I stopped doing that as I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Plus I have a big family now so it's quite impossible. Now I am completely stock, unrooted and keeping my piece of mind while trully enjoying using my devices. There are definately things I miss and I have to compromise with less features but the more features, the less the battery sometimes, the more the bugs...anyway, long talk

So, that's why it's not a good thing demanding all the time, asking devs for ETA for their next releases. And by starting a petition thread doesn't do good...it simply adds more pressure to the developer. If he had one reason to do this again now he won't due to the pressure to deliver. Of course Cataclysm was my favorite rom on the Galaxy Nexus. No doubt about that. But my advice is to relax, find an alternate rom and if the dev wants to do this again then it's super. As I know, Atlantis, is a one man team so imagine the work he has to do.

Eventually, no dev is forever and I am very surprised seeing some of them keep going for years. Anyway, that's about it on my behalf, peace!
    Count me in...
    Although I am more interested to know if Atlantis is OK rather than getting a quick update. I must say that thanks to him I desintoxicated myself from my past flashaholic habits. I am still on the latest release, which means six months without flashing a rom.

**Hello, my name is bob paulson and I haven't touched a single drop of rom in six months **Applause from the fellow junkies**
    You guys are all acting like the dev is some sort of hero... If he REALLY is in jail for domestic abuse, stop putting him on a pedestal. He's EXACTLY where he deserves to be. I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend, but domestic violence has been a part of my life and it is NEVER okay. I truly hope he learns his lesson.

If you want a comparable ROM, build it yourself. So his sources aren't open, just cherry pick all the same features...

Just please, stop praising him. Someone who is involved in that sort of thing deserves fully to be in jail. I've personally seen the devastation that domestic violence can cause first hand and it is freaking horrible. Stop acting like he's some awesome person when you don't even know him. Sorry if I offended you, but you try listening to people praise a man who's in jail for domestic violence after you've seen what I have.

Find a new ROM already. Get over it...