[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 [UPDATE 5/1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

je2345

Mar 2, 2009
Holland
Yes.
I notice in the thread bigrushdog statest to put music and videos on sdcard2 so there isn't such a huge nandroid being created. Although when i moved all my music to my sdcard2 yesterday the music player wouldn't play any of the music. Would get Error playing track on every one and then all the albums disappeared from the library

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Thank you so much for this option. I will be waiting for your next SD card option.

Ya, me too... If you got ideas, you know where i lurk. :p

This is going to be epic!

Yes, Gman, it is. Full of #winning too.

so do I need the new kernel with the sdcard2 made in /sdcard/ before doing this?

No, you don't. Recovery is completely independent of the rest of the system.

Yes.
I notice in the thread bigrushdog statest to put music and videos on sdcard2 so there isn't such a huge nandroid being created. Although when i moved all my music to my sdcard2 yesterday the music player wouldn't play any of the music. Would get Error playing track on every one and then all the albums disappeared from the library

Go into the market and look for some time of "media scanner" app or widget. I highly recommend "extended controls". It's likely android has to "find" those media again. It's a work in progress... :rolleyes:

Elementix

Mar 27, 2010
Yea, that's why I've just decided to use the cloud for all my music..

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

je2345

Mar 2, 2009
Holland
Thanks bigrushdog! For some reason i have an sdcard2 folder inside my sdcard like /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 and one when i open astro file explorer /mnt/sdcard2. Which one am I suppose to be using? Also your first post says flash recovery.img via fastboot before using rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery...where is that recovery.img file? Thanks for all your help

ke5hde

Feb 22, 2011
Ok got it flashed, made a nandroid. Where the heck did it put it. Don't see a backup folder in clockwork like I do on my X. I can see it if I boot into recovery but I would like to be able to move my backup to my laptop or at least the external card.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Thanks bigrushdog! For some reason i have an sdcard2 folder inside my sdcard like /mnt/sdcard/sdcard2 and one when i open astro file explorer /mnt/sdcard2. Which one am I suppose to be using? Also your first post says flash recovery.img via fastboot before using rom manager to flash clockworkmod recovery...where is that recovery.img file? Thanks for all your help

You "should" not have /mnt/sdcard2 . Delete that folder and reboot. dont worry. You're not actually deleting data. Of course, please back up. :cool:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Ok got it flashed, made a nandroid. Where the heck did it put it. Don't see a backup folder in clockwork like I do on my X. I can see it if I boot into recovery but I would like to be able to move my backup to my laptop or at least the external card.

It should be in sdcard/sdcard2/clockwork/backup/some_folder_with_dates

ke5hde

Feb 22, 2011
That's what I figured but don't see it on sd2. Only have a titanium folder there. Weird. I see clockwork in sd1 but don't see the backup folder anywhere.

kev0153

Nov 6, 2007
Appleton
Go into the market and look for some time of "media scanner" app or widget. I highly recommend "extended controls". It's likely android has to "find" those media again. It's a work in progress... :rolleyes:

agreed, after messing with files I find it best to force a media refresh and extended controls has a fantastic shortcut for this. Well worth it.

kev0153

Nov 6, 2007
Appleton
I got a message

" No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage."

Curious what this means?

otherwise it went very smooth

Hexbug

Feb 27, 2011
I am using it with Tiamat 1.3.1 and it works great!!! Just made a backup. Awesome! Great job, Bigrushdog!!! Will be sending some $$ your way...

kev0153

Nov 6, 2007
Appleton
what's better rom manager or quickboot?

Just tried both, in see they both do something slightly different

Last edited:

patass

Feb 21, 2009
installed easily, wiped my cache fine, cannot wipe the dalvik cache, would not install tiamet kernel 1.3.1

skoone68

Feb 15, 2010
Hi all-

I'm usually pretty good at keeping up with what I'm instructed to do, but this one has gone way past me.

Bigrushdog, perhaps you can advise. The installation instructions on the first page.. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.. I have no recovery.img file. Where do I find this file? Fastboot is looking for it, but it keeps coming up and stating "error: file not found recovery.img"

What the heck am I missing here?

ccogan

Jun 15, 2010

I too am having the same problem. I found the backup here sdcard/sdcard2/clockwork/backup/date but where is it in rom manager? When I go there and go to manage and restore backups there is nothing there? Is it supposed to be there? I know it is there on my DINC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Recovery

This is ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8 for the Motorola Xoom. It is build from Koush's latest source found in the CyanogenMod repo. It is compatible with all known models. At this time, DO NOT MAKE ANY NANDROID BACKUPS OR RESTORE AT THIS TIME. Just use recovery to flash kernels and zips. Reason being, you will end up with a super massive data.img likely larger than your fat32 sdcard can store. Fat32 has a maximum file size of 4GB. I am working on a viable backup solution.

Credits:
    • Of course Koush! Who else could build a recovery that works on every device on the planet!
    • JesusFreke, Modaco, Cyanogen, Toastcfh, Shinzul. You guys are the Android Pioneers! Without you, we would all be bound and shackled by the corporate tyrants that make hardware and provide to us "service". Because of you, we are free. Thanks
    • kcrudup, onicrom, MADindustries, cybertronicz for helping me bounce thoughts around.
    • Tiamat fans, donors, and moral supporters: Thanks a ton!

NOTICE: Nandroid works exactly as it should. That means if you have 20GB of media in your internal storage, you will end up with a massive 20GB data.img on your SD Card. At the moment, there is nothing that can be done about this. Also, Flashing recovery has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON YOUR ANDROID SYSTEM AND DOES NOT WIPE ANYTHING.

Installation Instructions

Pull up your command prompt, then

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot

Let your Xoom boot up. Then to check out your shiny new recovery,

Code:
    adb reboot recovery

Also, you can grab Rom Manager or QuickBoot from the market for easy access to recovery.

Download

ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.8

MD5SUM: 9c851890ca04232cf95d0f224f752975
    well, it looks like we are having issues with the boot partition. I am looking into this. In the meantime, used advanced restore and restore system and data manually. Use quickboot to easily access recovery from the Xoom. I am close to having a solid updater script so we can start flashing kernels, mods, and other stuff from recovery. Soon, no more of this fastboot crap!
    About a day or so ago, I stated the following in another thread...

bigrushdog said:
    The recovery will be up shortly. In the mean time, i recommend you back up your /data/media folder to your computer. The way things have turned out. Android will have to treat your external sd card as the real sd card. In other words, android will no longer use your internal memory for things like camera. your internal memory will just be storage space. But, isn't this the way it's supposed to be? Also, this should enable Mass Storage. You will also have to flash a new updated kernel which will also be up soon.

I think this statement was probably premature. Flashing recovery has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON YOUR ANDROID SYSTEM. Recovery is completely separate. In the not-to-distant future, we should have a mod that will allow your Xoom to treat sd card as the system sd card. In other words, when you take a picture, it will go on the sd card. Also, apps will automatically store data to the sdcard. However, this future mod will have nothing to do with recovery.
    Is there a newer kernel needed for this? I remember you saying something about that but i still see the same kernel from 4/14 1.3.1?

No, you don't. Recovery is completely separate from the rest of the system. But a new kernel is in the pipeline. And its wicked.
    Yes. The clockworkmod recovery requires a sdcard to operate.