Chome Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Dude, awesome work, but can you make it so it just installs the weather and NOT everything else...like VJ Dialer and other stuff? Thanks!

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Well, it doesn't install anything else, it just doesn't supress everything else like a normal homescreen would. I will make a utility that will enable turning off all the unwanted panels, soon.

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
no i cant get rid of it either...i uninstall and reinstall and it keeps coming back...the weather options menu is also stuck on the script font making it extremely small and illegible....i mite have to reflash unless anyone has a suggestion...?

Yeah, install my calibri font mod cab, from my old thread :)

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Ok, now all my nice sliding panels have been botched by the weather thing you released. Anyone have a fix? a plain vanilla sliding panel to overwrite the new ones that you cab installed?

ryanh11

ok, I installed the font cab file and restarted...the font was there but it put my panels back to fat and messed up the weather panel...the options menu is still stuck on the script file and i cant read it...so im uninstalling the weather chome mod and gunna try to re install....can you please help me on how to get my system back to scratch with out reflashing

edit: oh, i can prolly just clear my storage and start from scratch! i think thats wut ill do

Reeg

Aug 10, 2007
Minnesnowta

O, I'm not sure how my phone got mixed up like this, but I've done everything trying to get the LCD Clock OFF of the first panel. I uninstall the Calibri mod, uninstall weather, restart phone. Start up phone, install Weather, restart. Now the LCD is on. Install Calibri mod (old one), restart. LCD still on, but the system font changed.

Is there something different in your newest Calibri.cab?

ryanh11

O, I'm not sure how my phone got mixed up like this, but I've done everything trying to get the LCD Clock OFF of the first panel. I uninstall the Calibri mod, uninstall weather, restart phone. Start up phone, install Weather, restart. Now the LCD is on. Install Calibri mod (old one), restart. LCD still on, but the system font changed.

Is there something different in your newest Calibri.cab?
i was having the same prob...it seems as if remnants are staying behind even after we uninstall for some reason...i had to ultimately clear my storage and start from scratch

Reeg

Aug 10, 2007
Minnesnowta
Not sure if I wanna do that again. Finally got everything back to the way i want it EXCEPT for the clock.

O, can you make a .cab to reverse the files and regkeys of the LCD clock?

germansak

Jan 22, 2008
La Plata
Excellent work Organic. Everything works great. I only have one question: I've installed last version, but for some reason it doesn't display like the SS you've posted. It updates ok and all but it doesn't show, for example, in the title of the panel the hi|low temperature and also in the second line where it shows tomorrow's hi|low. I'd post some SS but I don't know :eek: .
Thanks in advance. You're really making an excellent job
P.S. the layout I'm using is #1

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Well that's because layout #1 doesnt do that. Change your layout to #3 or #2, update again, and you'll have the hi lo values :)

qwikndrty

Apr 27, 2007
Thank you OrganicM for walking me through this to get Weather working.

Everything over EDGE etc is working great, but I still cannot change the color of my home screen without it going completely blank....a reboot fixes it but the bottom bar is all that gets changed??? Any advice?

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I have no idea how to fix that. It's not my weather app's fault. Whenever the TestUI plugin is active, even if it's not used for anything, it will exhibit that behaviour. It will not let you change homescreen themes or colors. It will let you change backgrounds though! Until MS comes out with some documentation on this, I'm afraid to say my hands are tied.

qwikndrty

Apr 27, 2007
I have no idea how to fix that. It's not my weather app's fault. Whenever the TestUI plugin is active, even if it's not used for anything, it will exhibit that behaviour. It will not let you change homescreen themes or colors. It will let you change backgrounds though! Until MS comes out with some documentation on this, I'm afraid to say my hands are tied.

How are you able to get yours to work then? ...especially those images in your first post.

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Dude, we've gone over this a thousand times... You MAKE the changes in your homescreen options, then you reboot. After the reboot you will the see the change!! It's not that hard really.. it just suck that you have to reboot, but damn, how many times per day do you change homescreens and colors ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.