[Q] Zooper widget - Shortcut Direct Call

Search This thread

sslay

Aug 6, 2010
Direct call shortcut does not work added to the picture. Other shortcuts are working without problem.
Ideas, advice? Excuse my English. :crying:
thank you.
Galaxy S3.

Last edited:

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Direct call shortcut does not work added to the picture. Other shortcuts are working without problem.
Ideas, advice? Excuse my English. :crying:
thank you.
Galaxy S3.

I can confirm this on my Nexus 4. I'm not 100% sure but my theory is, that because Zooper doesn't have the "CALL_PHONE" permission it is not allowed to initiate a call without going through the dialer (Source). I have no experience in this but since even launcher have that permission, it might be needed for an app to use the direct call shortcuts. You should probably write an email to the developers and explain your issue.

ma11en

Jun 6, 2012
Nottingham
Emailed Zooper Dev

I've got a rooted Galaxy Note 3, is it possible to edit any file to provide this permission until the dev sorts it for us?

In the meantime, I've created a flow in Automagic, that I launch from the Zooper widget to provide a direct call option.

Mark.

WookieBump

Apr 5, 2013
Another option is to just change the icon to something you want. Upload your out image or use some icon that you like. I use Nova as my launcher on my Galaxy S3 Progre, created a direct call widget, and then changed the image to what I wanted it to be. Just a work around if you're interested.