[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

BulldozerPT

Jun 26, 2008
Hi pcarvalho

After a few months I'm back to test your updated ROM (28014).

Besides some usual "stuttering" and sluggish feel that I always feel with this 280XX builds, everything is working smoothly except for this:

- I use Outlook with ActiveSync and synchronization works fine. The problem lies within Outlook itself. When I get to the message list and tap a message, read it, hit OK back to the message list and tap another message...sometimes the message won't finish loading and outlook closes automatically :confused: Last thing I see is the "loading message" status on the bottom...which means the message does not finish loading.

But if I go back to Outlook again and try to open that message in first place, no problem occurs. By this time, I already figured this has nothing to do with specific messages...it's related to Outlook. Most time when this happens Outlook simply closes itself. But it also freezed the phone once.

Anyone had this problem before?

I reflashed original ROM first as recommended and HR as necessary...

TrashX

Mar 31, 2007
Hi pcarvalho

After a few months I'm back to test your updated ROM (28014).

Besides some usual "stuttering" and sluggish feel that I always feel with this 280XX builds, everything is working smoothly except for this:

- I use Outlook with ActiveSync and synchronization works fine. The problem lies within Outlook itself. When I get to the message list and tap a message, read it, hit OK back to the message list and tap another message...sometimes the message won't finish loading and outlook closes automatically :confused: Last thing I see is the "loading message" status on the bottom...which means the message does not finish loading.

But if I go back to Outlook again and try to open that message in first place, no problem occurs. By this time, I already figured this has nothing to do with specific messages...it's related to Outlook. Most time when this happens Outlook simply closes itself. But it also freezed the phone once.

Anyone had this problem before?

I reflashed original ROM first as recommended and HR as necessary...

I'm experiencing the same problem...currently running "pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 R0 Release (101MB RAM) [28006]"

I can confirm that with 28014 - think I'll go back to an 21*** or 23*** Build, not only because of this *bug*, it's also because I prefer the old taskbar on top...

Thanks anyway for your superb work, pcarvalo! :)

Last edited:

ngherappa

Oct 22, 2009
Catania
hi pcarvalho, i have the last rom (24-dec), I used the ROM for some time, and the audio was ok, but now I can't hear nothing when somebody call me, what's up?

ps i've 1.59.46.12 Radio

Last edited:

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
hi pcarvalho, i have the last rom (24-dec), I used the ROM for some time, and the audio was ok, but now I can't hear nothing when somebody call me, what's up?

ps i've 1.59.46.12 Radio

strange...what did you install extra rom?
and stupid question...is call volume up? :)
cheers

ahimberg

Feb 8, 2008
similar problem...

strange...what did you install extra rom?
and stupid question...is call volume up? :)
cheers

I've had the same problem for awhile, even after flashing back to the stock ROM (actually my camera stopped working first), I assume hardware failures are to blame as I also experience random power shutdowns and inability to boot.

My workaround for still being able to make calls is to turn on speakerphone, which does still work. (hopefully moving to an HD2 soon before complete failure occurs)

DeeJee

Dec 30, 2009
Just flashed to the latest non 3d rom. (28014).
and I found some issues...

- The weather underneath the clock wont update when I tap on it.
- external program clean ram wont work, I can install the cab file but program it self wont open.

I am not shure I like the windows taskbar @ the bottom so I wonder witch rom is the latest with the taskbar @ the top.. ???

Also adding contacts to the "my contact tab"is a bit strange.
First you have to manually browse through your entire contact list then selct an contact you want to add to your contacts, then go to the my contacts tab and click on the plus then you can add only the contacts you just added to the "contacts list".

I wanted to add some programs to the program tab, it would let me add a few but after like 3 or 4 of them clicking on the + sign to add more gave me a white screen where normally all the programs would be.
I did a soft reset and now the thing wont restart giving me a error.
another soft reset makes it hang in the boot screen.
Just did a hard reset and looking @ the boot screen now..hope it continues booting.

Last edited:

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
Just flashed to the latest non 3d rom. (28014).
and I found some issues...

- The weather underneath the clock wont update when I tap on it.
- external program clean ram wont work, I can install the cab file but program it self wont open.

I am not shure I like the windows taskbar @ the bottom so I wonder witch rom is the latest with the taskbar @ the top.. ???

Also adding contacts to the "my contact tab"is a bit strange.
First you have to manually browse through your entire contact list then selct an contact you want to add to your contacts, then go to the my contacts tab and click on the plus then you can add only the contacts you just added to the "contacts list".

I wanted to add some programs to the program tab, it would let me add a few but after like 3 or 4 of them clicking on the + sign to add more gave me a white screen where normally all the programs would be.
I did a soft reset and now the thing wont restart giving me a error.
another soft reset makes it hang in the boot screen.
Just did a hard reset and looking @ the boot screen now..hope it continues booting.

at 1st boot do weather update twice if 1st time fails...

if it fails (memory program) its not compatible...get a newer version or contact maker to sort things out...

if you are talking about contacts on manila tab was always like this...first select contact-then predefined type (call/sms/email/whatever)...you can write 1st few letters on top and contact list is filtered...

no issue on programs tab...

did you proceed flashing as stated on 1st page? do so if not...

cheers

DeeJee

Dec 30, 2009
yeah did the flash just the way it was supposed to..
After hard reset it seems to be working okay now.
Only weather wont update but I understand that is an external program..??

Can anyone tell me where to put a shortcut to a program that is on the storage card (tom tom in this case) so I can add it in the touch flo program's tabb..
It wont show up there now.
I can find the shortcut through total commander, but it wont show up in the add program list.

Last edited:

DeeJee

Dec 30, 2009
Can some on give me a download link for the original polaris rom..???
the one on rapidshare wont let me download it all the slots are full it tells me, been trying all day now.

strucon

Feb 9, 2008
Hello pcarlvalho,
First of all thank you for your work!
The latest ROMs are great!

In the latest build, the M2D eat too many ram,
approximate more with 5.5-6 MB like the previous builds:

Also if the FootPrints tab is deactivated.

attachment.php

boxerdog

Nov 3, 2008
PLZ !

Can some on give me a download link for the last pcarvalho ROM. rapidshare wont let me download it all the slots are full.

THX for all

vantix

Mar 11, 2008
Ohio

I am also interested in a version without the 6.5 taskbar at the bottom. Is there any way to go back to the old style? (no windows start menu icon etc.) I downloaded a version some time ago of your rom that did not have the newer bottom bar.

If the feature isn't supported in your newest roms, are you able to release a version without? I think the smaller bar at the bottom looks more streamlined.

Thanks again Pcar. Your roms are the best!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper