What to do after root and unlock

Search This thread

davfed

Apr 4, 2011
Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction. I've searched but can't seem to find the basic info. I have very little background in flashing and such.
I rooted my thunderbolt years ago with little guidance and than bought a rooted bionic. But now I'm lost with all the terms. Looking for somewhere that will explain what everything means so I can then choose what os to flash, and how to do it in recovery.

Thank you,
David

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bill0405

May 12, 2014
Chicago
Right now there isn't a whole lot you can do until the devs port custom roms to our phone. They didn't know it was going to be possible to unlock our bootloader or root(after kitkat update) , and therefore didn't put much effort into later versions. At most, you can install the latest CWM and backup your current rom in preparation for if you decide to install custom roms. That's basically where I am right now.

newmanx4

Feb 28, 2012
You can freeze or remove the bloatware. Just make a backup first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: davfed

bill0405

May 12, 2014
Chicago
There is a list of the verified bloatware you can remove with titanium backup without breaking the phone. Just search "Razr HD bloatware" in the forum

davfed

Apr 4, 2011
Thanks guys!
T
By the looks of it, I should stay with stick KK for now? I have froze a few apps with titanium but looking for something to improve my battery. I'm going through battery in about 5 hours. I was getting 10-12 on JB. Still looking for a way to go back to JB.

bill0405

May 12, 2014
Chicago
Thanks guys!
T
By the looks of it, I should stay with stick KK for now? I have froze a few apps with titanium but looking for something to improve my battery. I'm going through battery in about 5 hours. I was getting 10-12 on JB. Still looking for a way to go back to JB.

Yes stick with KK for now. That's surprising that your battery is draining so fast now. Can you go to your battery usage and see what is sucking up most of your juice? I have heard others state that it took a few days for their phone to settle in after the upgrade (I personally think people were so excited for the new OS that they were just using their phone a lot more than they were before :p.) I know mine has been draining faster because I've been doing so many things with it since the update. I highly recommend the app "Greenify" since you are rooted. It will automatically hibernate any non-necessary background apps that suck up ram, battery, and data.

davfed

Apr 4, 2011
Yes stick with KK for now. That's surprising that your battery is draining so fast now. Can you go to your battery usage and see what is sucking up most of your juice? I have heard others state that it took a few days for their phone to settle in after the upgrade (I personally think people were so excited for the new OS that they were just using their phone a lot more than they were before :p.) I know mine has been draining faster because I've been doing so many things with it since the update. I highly recommend the app "Greenify" since you are rooted. It will automatically hibernate any non-necessary background apps that suck up ram, battery, and data.

Thank a lot for the info. This motocare is sucking up a lot of battery. Don't remember seeing it before. I'm searching now to see what it is and if I should freeze it or hibernate it. Just downloaded greenify and it seems like a great app. Thanks again for your input!!

Attachments

• 1403068523366.jpg
    1403068523366.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 188

bill0405

May 12, 2014
Chicago
Thank a lot for the info. This motocare is sucking up a lot of battery. Don't remember seeing it before. I'm searching now to see what it is and if I should freeze it or hibernate it. Just downloaded greenify and it seems like a great app. Thanks again for your input!!

Sure thing. When its all good and working...it should appear something like this :)

Screenshot_2014-06-18-01-24-34.png

idless

Jul 5, 2012
Agree on greenify. It is an truly awesome app for improving battery life! Better battery stats with root use enabled for checking wakelocks also. I had the same experience with motorcare. Major batterydrainer. Being able to properly disable apps, is worth rooting alone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can freeze or remove the bloatware. Just make a backup first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    There is a list of the verified bloatware you can remove with titanium backup without breaking the phone. Just search "Razr HD bloatware" in the forum

Thanks guys!
    T