Question about broken phone/screen

Search This thread

mohsinkhan35

Dec 2, 2010
So I dropped my phone and the screen cracked. Everything appears to be normal on the LCD but there is a giant crack across my phone and touch isn't working.

My question is , should I just order a digitizer? or both LCD and digitizer assembly?

lagerlout07

Jan 6, 2011
Get the whole thing. Already fitted in a frame. Its so much easier and you rule out most proximity sensor issues. I've done mine three times now. First time I bought the digitiser by itself, then couldn't get the old digitiser off the screen and ended up buying a LCD. Fitted it all and proximity sensor used to near all the time. Drove me mental. Second time I bought the ready made in frame. Took me 20 mins and my phone was back on with working proximity.

**Edit**
A little tip too. Be real careful removing the battery, mine was glued down hard, if you force it the battery will bend, cost me a tenner extra for a noob mistake. Keep heat on and lift carefully lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: mohsinkhan35

dovahkiin691

Aug 14, 2014
Agreed, its best to have the entire front replaced at that point, i believe digitizer and lcd are "stuck" together too, you cant recreate that yourself.

simmac

May 20, 2014
After you have changed the front, I would recommend you a tempered glass screen protector.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

mohsinkhan35

Dec 2, 2010
After you have changed the front, I would recommend you a tempered glass screen protector.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

I had the invisible shield on my phone but I dropped it right on the top left edge and it cracked. It was a brutal drop. I honestly don't care about the phone itself as I had it since the launch and it was time for me to upgrade but I was on my Europe trip and I had a lot of videos and photos saved in it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get the whole thing. Already fitted in a frame. Its so much easier and you rule out most proximity sensor issues. I've done mine three times now. First time I bought the digitiser by itself, then couldn't get the old digitiser off the screen and ended up buying a LCD. Fitted it all and proximity sensor used to near all the time. Drove me mental. Second time I bought the ready made in frame. Took me 20 mins and my phone was back on with working proximity.

**Edit**
    A little tip too. Be real careful removing the battery, mine was glued down hard, if you force it the battery will bend, cost me a tenner extra for a noob mistake. Keep heat on and lift carefully lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app