Search This thread

george.z.he

Nov 30, 2011
Palo Alto
Last edited:

IconRunner

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Aren't the mic ports in a different spot on the i777 models? How is your call audio working and does your speakerphone mic work at all?

gerard0986

Dec 16, 2007
Victorville
No the mics line up perfectly :)

I am running Serendipity 9.3 with it's built in kernal and have no problems talking and no problems with speaker phone either. Voice is clear.

Are you sure? The "Top/Headphone Jack" picture has the hole near the edge towards the black front casing. But on my phone it's towards the edge near the battery cover.

Last edited:

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
Maybe just me, but it feels much more "well-built".
The battery back door is much harder and stiffer than the flimsy original black one.
Also the batter back door is smooth, I personally like the feel better when compared to the textured original battery door.:p

like a more glossy feel in other words?

EDIT: I also noticed that at the end of the video your power off menu was popping up a lot, does the power button stick at times or anything?

Last edited:

george.z.he

Nov 30, 2011
Palo Alto

EDIT: I also noticed that at the end of the video your power off menu was popping up a lot, does the power button stick at times or anything?

Yes it is glossy and looks really nice in the sun :p

Oh sorry, my bad. That was just my way of testing the power button without turning off the screen haha.

No the power button and volume keys don't stick at all. :)

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean. You mean the part when I test the volume button, a menu pops up in the back right?
That is because I use the AudioManager app and when I press the volume buttons, a menu pops up that asks me if I want to change sound profile :p
It is not the power menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghstudent

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012

Oh sorry, my bad. That was just my way of testing the power button without turning off the screen haha.

EDIT: Oh I see what you mean. You mean the part when I test the volume button, a menu pops up in the back right?
That is because I use the AudioManager app and when I press the volume buttons, a menu pops up that asks me if I want to change sound profile :p
awesome man, you sure you don't want to retail this for me? i almost feel safer buying it from you, i would even buy it for $15 if you listed it and gave me a link, with the extra money like a donation just for the how to video!

george.z.he

Nov 30, 2011
Palo Alto
Nice video tutorial explaining the change of housing. I thought it was much harder than it actually is and I might try it out. I just found it on eBay for $3.00; what a steal! Here is the link if anybody wants:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Fu...ain_0&var=&hash=item2ebc9b2483#ht_3174wt_1163

I also saw that but if you look closely, they are only selling you the home button, if you choose full housing in the drop down menu it becomes more expensive :eek:

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have just made a video about how to replace the AT&T Galaxy S2 housing with a much cooler WHITE i9100 housing that I bought from ebay :D

Link is up! enjoy and good luck!

Video Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPYElVpyxU

Pics ***UPDATED WITH HD PICS*** :D
    https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B-dezhfy-SisOXZBc1hCTXlNZEk/edit

Housing (That I bought):
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Full-Ho...ccessories&hash=item3375e3460e#ht_1846wt_1163

Click thanks if it helped! :)
    I would like to say thanks to the op for sharing his how-to video. I ordered one as well and put it on no problem. I decided to try and paint my extended battery door white to match the housing and decided to share a pic of it with yous guys :) it took me a few tries its not perfect but acceptable. I just wish the whites matched a little better. Maybe ill take my other extended battery door and paint it a dark red.
    Ordered this one because it has free shipping and shipped from the US. Took three days to arrive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Full-Ho...xy-S-2-II-i9100-Button-White-US-/350574574345

Thanks for the guide it made it easier. I used a pocket knife and nail clippers to modify it. I tested the noise cancellation mic by leaving myself a voicemail in the kitchen, next to the running dishwasher, and dryer. Everything worked fine on speaker and handset mode. I repeat the test while walking the dog with mild wind. Everything turned out clear.

I made the following modifications.

- Cut down the shroud around the lanyard thing.
    - Cut the rubber insulation around the noise cancellation mic to line up with the hole on the case. Basically cut to top part off to extend that slip up and around the corner.
    - I removed and modified a piece from the old back that wasn't mentioned in the video. Its in the corner by the power button. It had two contacts on it that lined up with contacts on the board. I thought it would pop out like the speaker, but it was held down by two small plastic welds. This required more modification of the white case. I was going to ignore it, but it was covered with foil strips similar to the ones on the speaker piece. I was worried it was antenna related. I had to cut the white case between the screw and corner, and cut the piece to make it thinner. It took lots tries to get it to clip closed tight, without a gap.

All in all it took about an hour. I didn't have any issues with it cracking. During my tries to test the clearance I grabbed from inside the holes for the power and volume buttons, and it popped right off. It doesn't feel any thicker or better than the old one, except the battery cover definitely feels better. I think this will tide me over til my upgrade in May. But that garnet S III is tempting me to try the three-warranty-replacement-early-upgrade trick.

Sent from my Galaxy S II

i see your version of windows is not genuine :)