[Q] How To Take A Pictures Underwater

Search This thread

sedotwc

Nov 15, 2012
Hello,
I'm just asking something about taking pictures underwater. As far as I know, there are so many review about "video recording" not taking pictures under water using ur Z2.

So, maybe some of you already trying to take a pictures under water, as far as I know, you can take a Pictures if it on timer (i try it but no working) because it's not working when in the water. And another option is using smile detection, but it's not really effective i think,

The last thing i know is using camera button near the volume buttons, it's ok to using it under water ? Will the water coming in to the phones when i pressed it ? anybody have the experienced for this ?? :confused: thanks.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
its IP58 Certifies meaning that with this phone you can almost do anything underwater exept open the flaps

underwater the screen doesent respont but you can use the camera button

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sedotwc

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
Best way I've found is open the app, and either start the video then submerge the phone and video, or use the camera button to snap away.

I've found it only works when fully submerged. If only half the phone is under then the water presses buttons, however when it's fully under its fine. Must be that the water is acting as your fingers so when only half or part submerged it just presses there, however when it's completely under it doesn't quite know where to press, so it doesn't. If that makes any sense haha. My advice. Fully submerge and either start recording before, or for pictures, use the shutter button on the side

Attached is a quick one I just took

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1401231971327.jpg
    1401231971327.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 911
Reactions: acheney1990

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
In small apps there is a touch block floating app. I'm pretty sure it's there so you can take underwater pictures without the screen going mental.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
Press the multitasking button, then the small grey arrow in the bottom left corner. There should be an icon called touch block right there. It's preinstalled on the phone. :D

Reactions: Ookamiden

iArvee

Apr 23, 2014
Manila
I found that focusing on something out of the water then taking a picture underwater works best. But that's just me. :)

Sent from my D603 Purple using Tapatalk.

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
Press the multitasking button, then the small grey arrow in the bottom left corner. There should be an icon called touch block right there. It's preinstalled on the phone. :D

What a find! Didn't know about that. Good man!

sedotwc

Nov 15, 2012
its IP58 Certifies meaning that with this phone you can almost do anything underwater exept open the flaps

Thanks for the info, but have u already trying that ? because to be honest I'm still afraid to do that

In small apps there is a touch block floating app. I'm pretty sure it's there so you can take underwater pictures without the screen going mental.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm little confused. I know touch block already, but how can i take a pictures under water since I can't press the camera button ? using a timer ?

edge3uk

Dec 26, 2010
It just blocks the screen. Shutter button still works.

sedotwc

Nov 15, 2012
Best way I've found is open the app, and either start the video then submerge the phone and video, or use the camera button to snap away.

I've found it only works when fully submerged. If only half the phone is under then the water presses buttons, however when it's fully under its fine. Must be that the water is acting as your fingers so when only half or part submerged it just presses there, however when it's completely under it doesn't quite know where to press, so it doesn't. If that makes any sense haha. My advice. Fully submerge and either start recording before, or for pictures, use the shutter button on the side

Nice advice, I'll try later.. so it's Ok for real to using the camera button ?:D

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
Absolutely. I've done it loads. Only way to take pics underwater. Personally I think that's the main reason why it's there

sedotwc

Nov 15, 2012
Thanks for all of your experiences and knowledge. I think all the answer is really helpful thanks everyone. Cheers :good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.