ViperOne 4.3 Hotspot problems [SOLVED]

Search This thread

Str8away

Apr 17, 2013
I have upgraded to this Rom and have not found any way to get hotspot working. Is there a different kernal I need to flash or something. I have unlimited and native connects, but no data. Tether with TrevE mod keeps starting with errors and won't create a log file to see the error. Does not broadcast SSID. Really didn't expect to have these problems on a rooted Rom. Any suggestions??

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Str8away

Apr 17, 2013
I have upgraded to this Rom and have not found any way to get hotspot working. Is there a different kernal I need to flash or something. I have unlimited and native connects, but no data. Tether with TrevE mod keeps starting with errors and won't create a log file to see the error. Does not broadcast SSID. Really didn't expect to have these problems on a rooted Rom. Any suggestions??

Thanks to Carm01, I was able to compare my default.xml file with the one he posted and found something to try. I believe it was a Tether_Guard setting that was 0 (zero) in the ViperOne Rom and it was a 2 in the version posted by Carm01. I simply used Root Browser to edit the value on my phone and no other changes. Rebooted phone after saving file and BINGO! Working great with the native Hotspot & Hotspot Toggle widget.

Hopefully this can help someone else running ViperOne 4.3 and wants tethering to work. :)

Last edited:

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Native tethering works fine for me on vipers 4.3 from the get go.

Str8away

Apr 17, 2013
Native tethering works fine for me on vipers 4.3 from the get go.

Good to hear. Although I installed viper 4.3 on my wife's phone and mine. Both had the same problems tethering (connect but not data). No idea what could have caused the difference, but at least it works for us now.