I need to pick some of the big brains here about the screen flicker please help.

Search This thread

darchur

Jul 17, 2012
Its not much but its driving me nuts. I'm sure its software. I want to talk to anyone here that has seen this. Help me xda your my only hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
It's actually a hardware issue. Otherwise Amazon would have an ota to fix it.

Sent from my KFSOWI, 11.3.2.1, rooted, Amazon stuff replaced with Google Services.

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
How many posts did you make for this? Jeez

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

darchur

Jul 17, 2012
It was getting to me but no one seemed to wanted to talk about. You must have noticed it.

darchur

Jul 17, 2012
I don't see this being a hardware issue since all of the have it if you know what to look for.

icedtrip

Apr 18, 2014
I've noticed mine flickering a little bit, but it doesn't happen all that often. I never used it stock, so I just figured it was an issue with the Gapps ROM. Again, it doesn't happen often, so it doesn't bother me too bad, but just to make your mind at ease....you aren't the only one to notice this.

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
by flickering, do you guys mean the aggressive auto brightness? because that i HAVE noticed. usually turn it off anyway though

icedtrip

Apr 18, 2014
by flickering, do you guys mean the aggressive auto brightness? because that i HAVE noticed. usually turn it off anyway though

No, this is a different item. Like you, I turn off the auto-brightness too. I haven't nailed down when it happens, but it's just a quick bit of feint flickering for me, then back to normal. Kind of hard to explain I guess. I've noticed it a couple times a day since I got mine last week with pretty heavy usage.

icedtrip

Apr 18, 2014
ugh i shouldn't' read these threads... now i'm going to be looking for it

My thoughts exactly. The more I read some of the forums, the more I regret my decision of getting the HDX on sale vs the Nexus 7....I was looking at the great specs and not thinking of more, but last night showed me the potential this thing has when I installed the AOSP ROM. Not perfect, but potential. Liking AOSP over the Gapps ROM despite not having music and video.

icedtrip

Apr 18, 2014
While reading yesterday's XKCD "What if?", I was able to reproduce the flicker reasonably well. It showed up frequently on the white theme of "Press", but not the dark one (or I simply didn't notice it as much). I did a quick video showing it the best I could. Sorry for the shakiness. The primary time-frame it happens is between 12-16 second mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REI9p_yJKAo

Last edited: