[Q] SM-P605 - Disabling phone

Search This thread

zer0fame

Aug 25, 2014
Hi all,

first of all I would like to say hallo to all members and thank everyone here for the continuous support provided, this site already helped me out a lot.

I've owned the SM-P605 for quite some time now, it's a really awesome tablet but one thing bugs me out completely ... I use a multi-sim and everytime I get a call on my normal phone I have a missed call on my tablet ...

I would really like to disable the phone function completely ... can anyone direct me to a mod or a rom, which lets me disable the phone function?
I know that for the N8000 there is a mod which let's you disable the phone ... but I've been searching for days now for the SM-P605 ...
Rooting, flashing, etc. is not a problem, done it a lot with various phones ...

I'm fine with anything, prefered would be either a mod or a ROM which has the stock Samsung interface and functions and the support to disable phone support.

I get over 50 calls a day so this is really annoying ... I'm really desperate ... and I really don't want to get another SIM for €30,- per month just to get rid of the phone function :/

Please help

-zer0fame

Last edited:

zer0fame

Aug 25, 2014
Hi,

Why don't you just put your tablet in "Airplane Mode" when you don't use it ?;)

Hiya and thanks for the reply!

If it would be that easy...

I use the tablet in meetings, while on the phone and during appointments ... and I need internet connectivity for that...

So airplane mode is out of the picture sadly...

iConstantinos

Jun 15, 2014
Hiya and thanks for the reply!

If it would be that easy...

I use the tablet in meetings, while on the phone and during appointments ... and I need internet connectivity for that...

So airplane mode is out of the picture sadly...

So...there is no problem at all..! you can easily put your tablet in airplane mode and then open the WiFi at no cost !
in that way you won't get those annoying calls plus you will be connected to the internet!

zer0fame

Aug 25, 2014
So...there is no problem at all..! you can easily put your tablet in airplane mode and then open the WiFi at no cost !
in that way you won't get those annoying calls plus you will be connected to the internet!

There is rarely a wifi I can connect to though, basically only at home (which is only about 5% of tablet use) ... means I need to use mobile data, which goes with enabling cellular network, which goes with receiving phone calls :/

Buuut I just found out about "Stocky Rom", seems like you can disable the phone with that one plus it has all stock rom features! Looks like exactly what I've been looking for ... I'll give it a shot (guess the dev was in the same situation I was lol)

If wished I can report if it worked ... I'm still open for other ideas though, in case the new rom won't do.

If anything fails I guess I could still open a hotspot on my phone, put the tablet in airplane mode, enable wifi and connect through my phone, that might even work x.X
Never checked if the hotspot still works while on a call, I'll have a look at that.

I wished there was just a switch in the stock ROM, German forums are full of people with the same problem ... the provider only says "sorry out of luck, purchase a second card with data plan only" (of course) and the other users either never found a solution or didn't post it.

iConstantinos

Jun 15, 2014
There is rarely a wifi I can connect to though, basically only at home (which is only about 5% of tablet use) ... means I need to use mobile data, which goes with enabling cellular network, which goes with receiving phone calls :/

Buuut I just found out about "Stocky Rom", seems like you can disable the phone with that one plus it has all stock rom features! Looks like exactly what I've been looking for ... I'll give it a shot (guess the dev was in the same situation I was lol)

If wished I can report if it worked ... I'm still open for other ideas though, in case the new rom won't do.

If anything fails I guess I could still open a hotspot on my phone, put the tablet in airplane mode, enable wifi and connect through my phone, that might even work x.X
Never checked if the hotspot still works while on a call, I'll have a look at that.

I wished there was just a switch in the stock ROM, German forums are full of people with the same problem ... the provider only says "sorry out of luck, purchase a second card with data plan only" (of course) and the other users either never found a solution or didn't post it.

Have you tried Blocking Mode ? I think it will work like a charm if you want to keep your 3g connection and just disable phone..!

Last edited:

zer0fame

Aug 25, 2014
Have you tried Blocking Mode ? I think it will work like a charm if you want to keep your 3g connection and just disable phone..!

That's actually worth a try ... but I always thought it "rejects" the incoming calls, meaning they won't get through on my phone either?

I'll give it a shot and report back.