Instal AT&T Visual Voicemail apk app from Skyrocket

Search This thread

tpcastelli

Nov 14, 2008
Need help with installing AT&T's Visual Voicemail app from the Samsung Skyrocket. Put the apk file in systems/app directory and did a restart ..nothing. Then tried putting the apk file on the sdcard and used app installer from the market and that didn't work. acts as if the installation is working but at the end says "app not installed". any ideas ..

cushcalc

Need help with installing AT&T's Visual Voicemail app from the Samsung Skyrocket. Put the apk file in systems/app directory and did a restart ..nothing. Then tried putting the apk file on the sdcard and used app installer from the market and that didn't work. acts as if the installation is working but at the end says "app not installed". any ideas ..

I would love to see this work - hope a developer will take up the cause.

tpcastelli

Nov 14, 2008
I could send the AT&T Visual Voicemail apk file to anyone that could make it happen. I have used it on the Vivid and it is awesome.

tpcastelli

Nov 14, 2008
Ok here is the file below. I will buy someone a dinner ..$50.00 that can make this apk voicemail file load on my note. Currently using Vivid, Skyrocket and 4S and need this app on my Note.

Attachments

• VVM.zip
    802.7 KB · Views: 127
  • VVM.apk
    903.1 KB · Views: 368

Sebring5

Aug 23, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
Why not use google voice?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I tried Google voice for months and finally discarded it. Google's servers kept going down at critical times and I missed important text and voice messages as well as phone calls. People could not reach me. I now use Hullo Mail for voice messages and ATT for telephone and messaging services.

pdconner

Jun 29, 2011
This would be awesome on the NOTE

I am with ya.. We need to find someone that can get it working on the Note also I have a question.. On your note.. If you go the brightness and turn it up all the way.. Then go to Live Backgrounds and choose the Windmills (Weather) and have it rnning.. Look by the sky and by the mills ands see if you can see lines in it on the screen.. I noticed this with mine and I want to know if it is just mine or everyones.. Also why does mine slow down after a few days and it seems I have to reimage it to get it back up and running fast..
Patrick

airboatusa

Dec 7, 2010
Idiots

Make a phone/service without Visual Voicemail? I can't imagine who should be fired for releasing this phone, the new Samsung Note, without V V... If I can't find a quick resolution, then, both of my units are going back to Best Buy! The SkyRocket worked perfect. Promises were that the Note would be everything the SkyRocket was/is and even better - not true without Visual Voice Mail!

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Not a good solution for business folks. Maybe ok for casual users who can afford to miss a message. But wait a minute, why are we discussing this, Apple set the benchmark years ago... what's the big deal? It should work and we should not have to use third party no reliable solutions! Samsung, ATT - get this working NOW!

les_garten

Nov 16, 2011
South Florida
Make a phone/service without Visual Voicemail? I can't imagine who should be fired for releasing this phone, the new Samsung Note, without V V... If I can't find a quick resolution, then, both of my units are going back to Best Buy! The SkyRocket worked perfect. Promises were that the Note would be everything the SkyRocket was/is and even better - not true without Visual Voice Mail!

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Not a good solution for business folks. Maybe ok for casual users who can afford to miss a message. But wait a minute, why are we discussing this, Apple set the benchmark years ago... what's the big deal? It should work and we should not have to use third party no reliable solutions! Samsung, ATT - get this working NOW!

Maybe somebody can port it from the "New" Note?

Spikestrip

Apr 14, 2012
Anybody that hasn't found it yet, follow these instructions. Working for me on GT-N7000 with CriskeloROM V2. I suppose I should also remind anyone that feels nice enough to please click the thanks button. I've realized I'll likely be around this forum for a while, and I learn very quickly. Plus I love sharing whatever knowledge I have. Later gents.

Note_E

Aug 4, 2011
There is a thread in our forums with the apk and instructions. It works and I'm using it now