FM Radio Help.

Search This thread

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area
Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P

There ya go, another validation. That mod isn't worth it if you're using the FM antenna.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: LMMT

JonSCSL

Sent from my SM-N900P

So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

I'm guessing you don't use the volume m mod if you want a radio. The loudness and audio quality from viper4android doesn't need an extra kick. It's already got it. Anything on top of it is just distortion.

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
I agree. I have used Viper for awhile and the volume mod is to much. I tried restoring the vol mod back to stock and still no workie. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

BHurst

May 20, 2012
How do you even use the fm radio on this phone? I thought it didn't even have one.

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
Next radio

You have to use the NextRadio app. I think it is the Sprint Featured folder on Stock. Also have to have the headphones plugged in.

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
I was finally able to get the FM radio working on X note rom. I haven't tested any other apps at this point so I don't know the full impact of the changes.

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I was finally able to get the FM radio working on X note rom. I haven't tested any other apps at this point so I don't know the full impact of the changes.

Works fine. Just download from the play store and plug in the headphones.

Not included in Stock KitKat.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nextradioapp.nextradio

Just don't install any of the volume boost mods or your radio is gone.

BHurst

May 20, 2012
Can we use any other fm radio station like spirit fm on this phone?

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
The problem that I have found is that most roms already have the volume boost mod baked in causing FM not to work. I was able to get FM working again by taking the revert back to stock from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470890 and replacing the \system\crc with the \system\crc from the stock image. So far it has worked with K3 and Xnote roms with the beastmode kernel. So now my FM works!

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
The problem that I have found is that most roms already have the volume boost mod baked in causing FM not to work. I was able to get FM working again by taking the revert back to stock from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470890 and replacing the \system\crc with the \system\crc from the stock image. So far it has worked with K3 and Xnote roms with the beastmode kernel. So now my FM works!

So post the file make it easy.

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
Putting together files now. Will post when uploaded.

The first thing you need to do is flash the file listed below to return to stock volume.
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23156208500212156
Info on this is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470890

Flash file from recovery. Then use a browser with root (I use root browser) and navigate to your \system\csc folder and delete or rename. Replace with the csc in this zip (this is the csc from stock image). https://mega.co.nz/#!D8YEia7I!eHjNNgn5PXlWVgLzrAl2vmcqpjWVLTn1I8e-7vzKpCA

After you replace the csc folder make sure that permissions are correct on all files and folders under the csc folder. If permissions are not correct this will not work.

All folders must have rwxr-xr-x (0755) and all files must have rw-r-r-- (0644).

So far this method has worked to enable the FM radio for me on K3, SACS, and Xnote roms. Should work on any rom that has the volume mod baked in that causes FM to stop working. If you want increased volume I recommend Viper4Android instead of the volume mods.

Reactions: rosystreasures

loker

Sep 8, 2007
I can not for the life of me figure this out. I went back to unrooted stock official NAB, and still no FM radio. I click the play button to turn on the FM receiver in NextRadio and the circle spins for a while then just cuts back to the play button without actually starting the tuner. Everything was wiped and /data was even formatted fresh.

wgorham

Apr 8, 2010
I can not for the life of me figure this out. I went back to unrooted stock official NAB, and still no FM radio. I click the play button to turn on the FM receiver in NextRadio and the circle spins for a while then just cuts back to the play button without actually starting the tuner. Everything was wiped and /data was even formatted fresh.

Did you do what I listed above? First flash the return to stock volume then replace your csc with the one linked. Make sure your permissions on each file and folder is correct or it will not work.

Not sure why going back to stock wouldn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Sent from my SM-N900P

There ya go, another validation. That mod isn't worth it if you're using the FM antenna.

Sent from my SM-N900P

Next radio

You have to use the NextRadio app. I think it is the Sprint Featured folder on Stock. Also have to have the headphones plugged in.
    Can we use any other fm radio station like spirit fm on this phone?