Review of the S-View Wireless charging cover and wireless charging pad

Search This thread

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga
First off, I had the regular s-view non wireless cover, and this is definitely thicker in the back. This makes me believe that the regular wireless charging back will be thicker than the stock one as well. :(

The front flap on the wireless cover stays shut, whereas the older non-wireless cover had a problem with the flap. Other than that, the same material and build quality.

As for the charging pad, it's very nice.. small and compact. Uses regular micro-USB. So far speeds are quick. About 1 percent per 1 minute. Not bad at all.

I bought them both at my local Verizon store. They had a promotion, and got $30 bucks off the total. So both items were $89.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Reactions: kms108 and Acaibowl

sirkim

Jan 1, 2009
Hello ,
thanks for this interesting review !
Can you post a photo to see the difference of thickness betwen the wireless and the non wireless s view cover ?
How long does it take to do a complete charge ?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
What material is used on the top part of the charger, is it hard plastic or soft leather type material.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I will get that too.. But I actually like the S-view cover. I returned the non-wireless one for this.

S view looks good, but a battery cover without the s view flip cover will last longer.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Why is the pad smaller than the phone itself? Doesn't the phone tip right off?

also, can you post comparison shots between wireless and non-wireless?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Why is the pad smaller than the phone itself? Doesn't the phone tip right off?

also, can you post comparison shots between wireless and non-wireless?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Many transmitter on the market are smaller than the phone itself, you just lay the phone in the middle.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
Last edited:

tangoboyz

Sep 19, 2013
CHI TOWN
So you got this at your local Verizon store? Did they have the regular charging backs as well? I'm surprised that you got the Mini Charger dock as they are STILL not available online yet.

mahst68

Aug 29, 2010
Indianapolis
BOOM! Ordered!

Just ordered... Online $69.00 for both through Verizon and Overnight Shipping Free! Thanks to my employer discount! Can't wait to get tomorrow although I hate that Verizon ships Overnight and requires signature??? Yes Verizon no one in the world works and we can be home to sign for a package at any point of the day.... :D

Attachments

• order.jpg
    order.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 359

mtown_cyclone

Jun 9, 2010
Just ordered... Online $69.00 for both through Verizon and Overnight Shipping Free! Thanks to my employer discount! Can't wait to get tomorrow although I hate that Verizon ships Overnight and requires signature??? Yes Verizon no one in the world works and we can be home to sign for a package at any point of the day.... :D

Damn, I just checked Verizon and didn't see it. Got a link?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga
What material is used on the top part of the charger, is it hard plastic or soft leather type material.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

S view looks good, but a battery cover without the s view flip cover will last longer.

Its soft leather feel. Ive already returned the non wireless s view case.

mahst68

Aug 29, 2010
Indianapolis
Damn, I just checked Verizon and didn't see it. Got a link?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Go onto website and shop all accessories than just select Samsung as the Accessories Manufacturer... do not select by device as the charger seems to be tied to a mini galaxy S -tab or something. The picture for the S-view wireless will be a white case bu you can toggle to black before adding to cart.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung/#?No=17&Nrpp=30
:good:

mtown_cyclone

Jun 9, 2010
Go onto website and shop all accessories than just select Samsung as the Accessories Manufacturer... do not select by device as the charger seems to be tied to a mini galaxy S -tab or something. The picture for the S-view wireless will be a white case bu you can toggle to black before adding to cart.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung/#?No=17&Nrpp=30
:good:
Verizon is trying to tell me that accessory is a "premium accessory" and my company discount doesn't apply.

mahst68

Aug 29, 2010
Indianapolis
Verizon is trying to tell me that accessory is a "premium accessory" and my company discount doesn't apply.

Mine did that at first as well... then I went away from verizon site after logging in then in the same browser session, went back, added both directly to cart and poof discount was applied... do not ask me how it happened but I wasn't going to argue with the price.....:good:

skyline23

Oct 12, 2013
Saratoga
You guys may just want to go into your local verizon stores. They had a promotion where the wireless s view case is only $55 and the charging pad was $35.

mahst68

Aug 29, 2010
Indianapolis
add the charger first then the s-view back... discount will update when both items are placed into cart... individually they will not. but I was able to repeat process using the same steps above

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

You guys may just want to go into your local verizon stores. They had a promotion where the wireless s view case is only $55 and the charging pad was $35.

same deal... does not show up until you but both into cart then prices update :laugh:

If I have some time I may just go to my store and get them.. then return the others when they get delivered... either way it looks as though it will work for anyone, employer discount or not:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I had the regular s-view non wireless cover, and this is definitely thicker in the back. This makes me believe that the regular wireless charging back will be thicker than the stock one as well. :(

The front flap on the wireless cover stays shut, whereas the older non-wireless cover had a problem with the flap. Other than that, the same material and build quality.

As for the charging pad, it's very nice.. small and compact. Uses regular micro-USB. So far speeds are quick. About 1 percent per 1 minute. Not bad at all.

I bought them both at my local Verizon store. They had a promotion, and got $30 bucks off the total. So both items were $89.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
    add the charger first then the s-view back... discount will update when both items are placed into cart... individually they will not. but I was able to repeat process using the same steps above

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

same deal... does not show up until you but both into cart then prices update :laugh:

If I have some time I may just go to my store and get them.. then return the others when they get delivered... either way it looks as though it will work for anyone, employer discount or not:good:

Whoops another correction.

I got both for $79. I just looked at my CC statement. I opted to get an email receipt and the email never showed up.
    Does the S-View cover fold back easily? I use my phone for navigation a lot so I'm wondering if I can use my car dock or if this cover isn't an option.

yes it folds back, but the problem is that it doesn't stay shut flat then
    My shuts completely flat.

If I pull the flap all the way back and use the phone for say 10-minutes, and place the phone on a desk and not touch it.. it will shut completely flat after a few minutes.