Will the HTC Incredible work out of the USA?

Search This thread

td2xda

Mar 11, 2009
I travel to China and Mexico for business, will the new HTC Incredible work over there??

oneeyejack

Jun 9, 2009
the incredible has cdma 800/1900 bands so it should work in those countries. those countries have the same bands but don't quote me on that.

sn95chico

Apr 8, 2010
no it wont

the droid will not work over seas it need a gsm card in the back of it like blackberrys have and it does not

its a cdma phone and will not work over seas sorry

deekjx

Nov 11, 2008
I travel to China and Mexico for business, will the new HTC Incredible work over there??

CDMA is available in those countries but these devices don't support a R-UIM card. You would have to contact those carriers to have them add you to their network. I'm not sure how this would work if you are still under contract with Verizon. The easiest solution is to carry and unlocked GSM phone with you when you travel and use prepaid cards.

Edit: I forgot about Roaming. if you want to pay roaming charges you can roam there. Here is the CDMA roaming table with costs.

Last edited:

vic20-ian

Jan 9, 2008
cdma phones are limited to 40 countries, nothing in Europe. Useless to import this phone for use in the uk.