[ROM][26JUN] UN-OFFICIAL MIUI v4 Note 2.6.22 LEAK >> SAMMY ICS BASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Based on MIUI 2.4.20 + Stunner 1.4.19
BETA6 [ V6 ] test build : HERE

Please test , and if its all good [ with the known issues ] I will update the OP

Cheers
Enjoy !
Works great..noticed v5 and 6 noticeably faster than v4/v3 especially opening contacts/dialer..even miui launcher..only thing and this is not ROm-related. I had a layout from your V2 or even earlier when you/LW were making the changes. This desktop layout with folders etc..I used to be able to just copy the launcher.db preferences etc files from miui.home in data/data to the new build data/data and it would work. But since v3 or so I have not been able to do that and have been using apex launcher instead. Does anyone know a workaround? Is the format different? When I do the above, I get MIUI home has stopped..and then I have to clear data from the launcher to get it to run again. Maybe I just have to recreate all the folders..real time consuming.

Any advice appreciated..anyone. Thanks.

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
Why does the theme engine only apply certain aspects of the UI? Never changes Dialer. Messaging. Status bar...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

KaranKapoor

Nov 4, 2011
Delhi
Works great..noticed v5 and 6 noticeably faster than v4/v3 especially opening contacts/dialer..even miui launcher..only thing and this is not ROm-related. I had a layout from your V2 or even earlier when you/LW were making the changes. This desktop layout with folders etc..I used to be able to just copy the launcher.db preferences etc files from miui.home in data/data to the new build data/data and it would work. But since v3 or so I have not been able to do that and have been using apex launcher instead. Does anyone know a workaround? Is the format different? When I do the above, I get MIUI home has stopped..and then I have to clear data from the launcher to get it to run again. Maybe I just have to recreate all the folders..real time consuming.

Any advice appreciated..anyone. Thanks.

I had the same problem with the ROM I ported. However, restoring Desktop Layout works fine for me on v6. I haven't been able to pin-point why this happens. There have been issues in general with the backup app and a lot of changes are being introduced in the Launcher -- maybe that's why. I'll look into it. Could you till then maybe try a fresh install (complete wipe) and then try to restore desktop layout again? (without first restoring any apps)

Why does the theme engine only apply certain aspects of the UI? Never changes Dialer. Messaging. Status bar...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

The MIUI Team hasn't sorted out a lot of issues -- themes is one of them. As of now, only some things can be themed. They'll be fixing this in the coming weeks. This problem is mostly related to some XML issues.

Reactions: ohendem

KaranKapoor

Nov 4, 2011
Delhi
The launcher isn't optimized yet. The MIUI Team is in the process of making optimizations. You can expect a smoother launcher in the coming weeks.

krushin

Sep 8, 2010
Texas
How are y'all doing titanium backups without being prompted to install every app. I'm guess this is from LBE guard. Ive tried making TB a trusted app, but still is prompting me with each of my apps.

Edit: nvm fixed

Last edited:

KaranKapoor

Nov 4, 2011
Delhi
Its coz the launcher is still from 2.3 right bro?
Are they going to change the launcher UI as well?

Yeah, mostly that. Also, no news on the UI. The Launcher needs a desperate overhaul IMO..The 4x4 icon grid just doesn't go well with a 5'3" screen. Also, MIUI on tablets looks absolutely stupid and ugly. There's so much wasted space!

I'm going to pray to the MIUI Gods for a new Launcher with tons of customization.

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Yeah, mostly that. Also, no news on the UI. The Launcher needs a desperate overhaul IMO..The 4x4 icon grid just doesn't go well with a 5'3" screen. Also, MIUI on tablets looks absolutely stupid and ugly. There's so much wasted space!

I'm going to pray to the MIUI Gods for a new Launcher with tons of customization.

lol .. I can make build , using an old version of MIUI :D

Maybe like what I used in version V2 , but using latest Stunner as base ...

If there is interest ,and someone wants to try it , I can do that ...

Some "theming" will be enabled again ! and very probable native wifi tethering will come back ..

BTW .. I dunno if tethering is working with V6 version :confused:

-----

EDIT : Uploading old school miui version [2.2.24] !

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
GREAT ! THANKS..maybe I can get my old desktop layout back (lazy ass I am..could have reorganized all my 300+ icons by now..I know)

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

apply v6 choose miui launcher but still lag when screen transition T_T.

Create folders if you prefer (I do) and then organize the icons apps into various folders and then..the number of icons reduces if you organize the icons into folders like for specific app categories, utility programs etc..then the scrolling will speed up greatly. The MIUI launcher cannot handle large number of icons so my 2c observation. Also missing is a "lock desktop" and backup desktop layout as in Apex launcher.

Check this lockscreen..apply the mtz for the lockscreen only via themes..mixed..works well with the weather app recommended at the link..only when unlocking does not go to camera (something to do with miui camera vs ics camera)..other 3 options work.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1299063

Last edited:

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006

No worries.
Just apply this MOD for V6. You can manually set the icon size for each row and column (grid size). It also allows you to move the icons freely (aren't stuck together like iOS) on each grid which I like because you can make patterns in each homescreen, for Example:
http://i.minus.com/is4Zqjj6K2Ejl.png

5x5 goes best on the NOTE. But I guess you can do something more like 7x7 for Tablet Mode if you don't mind focusing on the screen a little longer to find your app.

Here's the link:
http://forums.miui.us/showthread.php?14571-MOD-MIUI-Launcher-w-Customizable-Homescreen-Grid-Size

P.S. They are re-building the MIUI Launcher from scratch to make it compatible with ICS (like Nova) but I'm not sure if they will introduce that MOD into the latest, here's hoping they do (for tablets sake)!

smalmagal

Mar 3, 2012
MIUI ICS is way too flawed right now, and I think porting MIUI at this point is pretty pointless...I'm really hoping they roll out official support...and by the time they do, they will have worked out most of the embarrassing problems they're new overhaul has brought.

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
MIUI ICS is way too flawed right now, and I think porting MIUI at this point is pretty pointless...I'm really hoping they roll out official support...and by the time they do, they will have worked out most of the embarrassing problems they're new overhaul has brought.

Miui works quite amazingly well on the note... v6 especially

But the official support will only come when note ics is officially out

Plus the UI would look decent once the launcher is redesigned for v4 miui and tablet support is made...which should be done soon I think :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** NO MULTILANG SUPPORT **​
    miui.png

Very Special Thanks:
    MIUI.COM , its THEIR WORK RIGHT NOW, @XpLoDWilD for his CM9 build , and my good friend @iHoneyBadger

@proxuser [ I used his method to port miui ] // @imilka for his ASOP base (02-07) // @neobuddy89 [ AOSP base , etc ] // @d3signz for his hosting, banners & Graphics ! Salut mon ami // @androidindian [ premium Beta tester ] thank you , so much for time invested in testing ! // @JamieD81 [ tips, mods, suggestions ] // Thanks to somebody @ miui.us for his MIUI4.0 [Galaxy Nexus] // @Alejandrissimo for his framework mod , gracias compadre

Bugs:

None till now , it seems all working well

Download:

Download HERE - this is an untouched version

MIRROR > http://www.mediafire.com/?k91j3pjg6ukubac

Installation:

INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS!
    (This ROM may not be safe to flash -- it may have to be repackaged! Don't flash if you don't know what you're doing!)

Since this ROM is based on Stock ICS -- make sure to go back to GB first and then flash this!

Courtesy: An anonymous friend!

This ROM is based on Stock LPF (not CM9). So, it could potentially eff up your phone if you don't follow proper instructions!

Fresh install [ recommended ]

DON'T flash FROM i9220 LEAKED REPACK!

1. Download / Save { ROM } & GAPPS to your SDCard
    2. Go back to GB, then Boot into Recovery {CWM} and Full Wipe (Factory reset + cache + dalvik )
    3. Flash > { ROM } & GAPPS
    4. Reboot System
    5. Give some time [3-5min] and let the ROM settle down
    6. Go to google play and install >> superSU

------

TO FIX SUPER SU OR SUPERUSER UPDADE BINARY

1. Go to tools pemission manager > root permission select super su or superuser and allow root permission for them

2. go to apps also in permission manager select super su or superuser > i trust it ON

3. THEN go to su and update binary
    Changelogs

CHANGELOG
    Patches

patches

And... we are back again ! :cool:

NOOBS are 100% welcome here ! :D

phoenix_1.jpg
    CLOSING THREAD​

Thanks to everyone involved from the beginning, it has been a wonderful journey for me , Learned so much about the ROM's , and now I have more respect for devs , I can understand their hard work now .

We finally did it , we have what we all were looking for ,

Special Thanks to miui.com for this incredible ROM

Peace !​