bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Welcome to Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom Team organization:

Bigrushdog
Solarnz
MadIndustries

These guys really know how to win. That why we roll like that!

This OP will be quick and dirty as I am going on vacation. Any Xoomers around Panama City Beach wanna by me a beer, holla.

First and foremost, the Xoom Community owes a debt of gratitude to Roach from the Transformer board. He pointed me toward the

Code:
find ./ -type f -exec sed -i 's/return-void-barrier/return-void/g' {} \;

Truly the most epic piece of script. Roach is WIN in it's purest form! Thanks man, you got the party started!

OK, the goods...

Built from Verizon 3G stock image! Everybody keeps their google winning
Completly deodexed, zip aligned stock system apps and framework.

Pure stock system apps and framework for you themers and minimalists. EXCEPT framework-res.apk. It was not affected by deodex, so you can grab stock from anywhere.

As far as we can tell, ANY XOOM DEVICE CAN FLASH THIS NO WORRIES. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A XOOM WITH ANYTHING BUT THE VERIZON 3G FIRMWARE, IT IS POSSIBLE YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A FULL WIPE

Example: If you have a US Wifi Only device, but you upgraded with my method to the Verizon 3g upgrade kit, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO WIPE. If you have a UK Wifi Only model with UK wifi only 3.1, it is possible you may have to wipe.

Rom Features

Packed with Tiamat 1.4.4 stock GPU. Flash OC'd gpu version is you wish.

rooted with SU and superuser, of course

Desktop UA string, CRT Screen Off Animation, Call setting with SIP, and SMS capable enabled.
Note: At the moment, with the 3g fix you will not have the SIP calling or SMS capabilities. This is because we have had to go back to a more stock framework-res.apk.

Supercircle 100 point battery mod! thanks Jewremy

Wifi Ad-Hoc mod enabled! thanks Kelvie

USB Mass Storage Enabled. Use Dinomight's Mass Storage Tool or activity manager script. I've got some truly epic things lined up for this now that I can unleash the brd|smaliBeast !

Init.d boot scripts enabled. Thanks Steady Hawkin!

Busybox built in

local.init.rc enabled in system/etc

openVPN binary and script from CyanogenMod. untested but with tun.ko included, should win. Also grabbed Wireless Toolkit binary with built in symlinks from CyanogenMod

added Quickboot, Estrongs File Explorer, and Flash Player hulufied brdizzled in data/apps. This was included so users coming from full wipe can be up and running. Feel free to remove from zip before flashing.

And i'm sure there's more but can't remember atm.

Instructions:

1) Back up your device's apps and data and nandroid to be safe :p:p
2) Put rom in root of MicroSD
3) Flash rom
4) Flash the 3g Fix if you're activated on Verizon.
5) Reboot
6) DETERMINE IF A WIPE IS NECESSARY
  • If your device bootloops, which is not likely, you will need to wipe
  • Once booted, attempt to install an app either from the Market or a side loaded apk. If the install fails and borks out, a wipe is necessary.
  • If it is determined you have to wipe, do a Factory Reset in Android Settings menu. At this time do not use Clockwork Recovery to wipe.
  • Once wiped, flash rom again and reboot.
6) Welcome to Team Tiamat Xoom Rom motoGoogEpicPwnageWinningness

If you want to have the charging light on while the xoom is powered on, flash optional update 2. This only turns the charging light on.

Download:

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom v-1.0 HC 3.1 VZW Deodexed
MD5 Checksum 1bc044999c4b22107f332c3a9c4dcf8d

Optional downloads (quick updates to the full rom):

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 1 - 3g fix (Not the full rom, just a quick fix)
MD5 Checksum d2e5078d9825389d5619dbb862ea0dd8

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 2 - Enable Charging Light
MD5 Checksum d8fccf5c75882194b74c7e8a935301fd

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 3 - Fix dependency on busybox
MD5 Checksum 8d9cdb4d2cb75869ef6c5786f82b09e7

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Change log:
Change Log:

Code:
[center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 1.x[/size][/b][/quote][/center]
[b]Version 1.0 - Update 3 (Busybox fix)[/b]
[list]
[*]Fixed the dependency that the ramdisk had on busybox, specifically run-parts.
[/list]

[b]Version 1.0 - Update 2 (charging light)[/b]
[list]
[*]Enabled the led charging light in the ramdisk as per popular request.
[/list]

[b]Version 1.0 - 3g fix[/b]
[list]
[*]Fixed permissions in /system/bin. This was causing issues with 3g connections.
[*]Replaced framework-res.apk with a less modified version. There is no SIP calling and sms now, but the activation screens work now.
[/list]

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
How to deodex HC 3.1

This is not a tutorial on the art of deodex! This is for those who already know the game but were stuck. This is how Roach showed me the trick to get HC smali to rebuild.

this is just the trick. Implement this method into your scripts as necessary.

use baksmali 1.2.7 to decode framework and system app .odex

once decoded, apply this string replace command to the output smali code

Code:

then build smali into classes.dex as normal with smali 1.2.7

This is the baksmali / smali and apktool used. After deodex, apktool ( Sangreal's HoneyTool ;D ) was confirmed working on Gmail.apk as a test.

Download Deodex apktool pack

Also included are the smali / baksmali wrapper scripts and the deodex scripts I wrote to do this job. All you script guys, don't hate cause it's a little sloppy. But it did the trick. Deodex guys, notice the trick with $classpath. Sloppy but it works.

On framework, you will have to add junit-core.jar to classpath for framework.jar, services.jar, policy.jar, and ext.jar.

On apps, they all go exept for bluetooth.apk and networklocation.apk. You have to add that long string of classpath for those, but they will go.

Have fun. :cool:

Last edited:

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
People are still trying to wipe in recovery, so i'm going to post this here:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD/SATAN//THE POPE/THE PRESIDENT/MOTHER NATURE/YOUR MOM/OR WHOEVER YOU BELIEVE IN DO NOT WIPE IN RECOVERY, FACTORY RESET INSIDE HONEYCOMB.

Last edited:

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Amazing!

Let the games begin...

You guys are amazing. Thanks for the hard work. It is much appreciated. This is exactly why I bought the Xoom and had to listen to all the nay-sayers. It was just a matter of time before things would explode and it starts now!

Steve

Reactions: double1

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
Just flashed it on my wifi only Xoom. Works great. And as BRD stated in the OP, I did not have to do a full wipe, because I had previously installed his 3.1 on my USA wifi only Xoom.

Thanks to BRD and the team that built this ROM.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dowenprs

Apr 1, 2010
Hell yea flashing as soon as I get home from work!

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium App

+100, can't wait! Thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

I'm just going to get it out of the way and ask the dumb question, because well...i'm retarded.

SO I upgraded to 3.1 (USA Wifi Only) using your method as soon as it came out, shows as Verizon Xoom at the web android market now, so I should be good to go with the no wipe correct? Again, sorry for my retardation.

Peace

Dan :p

*edit* Already answered, and yep, i'm retarded. Thanks again for all you've done for us BRD, can't wait to flash it!!!

jrezin

Jun 19, 2010
languages

does it include the languages from the judison's language pack thread? =]

bossjeeves

Nov 23, 2010
Congrats to all the Devs that participated on this epic win!!!

I just cant wait to see what this will bring for future roms ^_^

headcheese

Jan 24, 2011
downloading this now! I'm going to wipe, as i upgraded my wifi only with an OTA. Any reason why you say to do a reset in settings? or can i just wipe in clockwork like usual?

also can i flash one of the boot.img from the kernel thread? or is that not needed with this rom? and which one?

thanks

Last edited:

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
downloading this now! I'm going to wipe, as i upgraded my wifi only with an OTA. Any reason why you say to do a reset in settings? or can i just wipe in clockwork like usual?

We have found if you wipe in cwm you won't be able to install apps to the data partition. Also its not 100% you have to wipe. I few brave peoples have nandroid backup and just installed without wiping.

Sent From My Evo

Reactions: headcheese

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
We have found if you wipe in cwm you won't be able to install apps to the data partition.

Sent From My Evo

Noob question : Out of curiosity, what does this mean "you won't be able to install apps to the data partition "? While I haven't done a full wipe from CWM on my Xoom, I have done it regularly on my Incredible when installing new ROMs. Sounds like something is a little different with CWM on the Xoom?

Reactions: saleum

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Noob question : Out of curiosity, what does this mean "you won't be able to install apps to the data partition "? While I haven't done a full wipe from CWM on my Xoom, I have done it regularly on my Incredible when installing new ROMs. Sounds like something is a little different with CWM on the Xoom?

Yea, its a bug they are working on. It was not something that was planned. The partitions on the xoom are different then other devices. Check out the update scripts, it will blow your mind. In testing though, if you wiped in cwm, then tried to install apps your xoom rebooted.

Sent From My Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom Team organization:

Bigrushdog
    Solarnz
    MadIndustries

These guys really know how to win. That why we roll like that!

This OP will be quick and dirty as I am going on vacation. Any Xoomers around Panama City Beach wanna by me a beer, holla.

First and foremost, the Xoom Community owes a debt of gratitude to Roach from the Transformer board. He pointed me toward the

Code:

Truly the most epic piece of script. Roach is WIN in it's purest form! Thanks man, you got the party started!

OK, the goods...

Built from Verizon 3G stock image! Everybody keeps their google winning
    Completly deodexed, zip aligned stock system apps and framework.

Pure stock system apps and framework for you themers and minimalists. EXCEPT framework-res.apk. It was not affected by deodex, so you can grab stock from anywhere.

As far as we can tell, ANY XOOM DEVICE CAN FLASH THIS NO WORRIES. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A XOOM WITH ANYTHING BUT THE VERIZON 3G FIRMWARE, IT IS POSSIBLE YOU MAY HAVE TO DO A FULL WIPE

Example: If you have a US Wifi Only device, but you upgraded with my method to the Verizon 3g upgrade kit, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE TO WIPE. If you have a UK Wifi Only model with UK wifi only 3.1, it is possible you may have to wipe.

Rom Features

Packed with Tiamat 1.4.4 stock GPU. Flash OC'd gpu version is you wish.

rooted with SU and superuser, of course

Desktop UA string, CRT Screen Off Animation, Call setting with SIP, and SMS capable enabled.
    Note: At the moment, with the 3g fix you will not have the SIP calling or SMS capabilities. This is because we have had to go back to a more stock framework-res.apk.

Supercircle 100 point battery mod! thanks Jewremy

Wifi Ad-Hoc mod enabled! thanks Kelvie

USB Mass Storage Enabled. Use Dinomight's Mass Storage Tool or activity manager script. I've got some truly epic things lined up for this now that I can unleash the brd|smaliBeast !

Init.d boot scripts enabled. Thanks Steady Hawkin!

Busybox built in

local.init.rc enabled in system/etc

openVPN binary and script from CyanogenMod. untested but with tun.ko included, should win. Also grabbed Wireless Toolkit binary with built in symlinks from CyanogenMod

added Quickboot, Estrongs File Explorer, and Flash Player hulufied brdizzled in data/apps. This was included so users coming from full wipe can be up and running. Feel free to remove from zip before flashing.

And i'm sure there's more but can't remember atm.

Instructions:

1) Back up your device's apps and data and nandroid to be safe :p:p
    2) Put rom in root of MicroSD
    3) Flash rom
    4) Flash the 3g Fix if you're activated on Verizon.
    5) Reboot
    6) DETERMINE IF A WIPE IS NECESSARY
    • If your device bootloops, which is not likely, you will need to wipe
    • Once booted, attempt to install an app either from the Market or a side loaded apk. If the install fails and borks out, a wipe is necessary.
    • If it is determined you have to wipe, do a Factory Reset in Android Settings menu. At this time do not use Clockwork Recovery to wipe.
    • Once wiped, flash rom again and reboot.
    6) Welcome to Team Tiamat Xoom Rom motoGoogEpicPwnageWinningness

If you want to have the charging light on while the xoom is powered on, flash optional update 2. This only turns the charging light on.

Download:

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom v-1.0 HC 3.1 VZW Deodexed
    MD5 Checksum 1bc044999c4b22107f332c3a9c4dcf8d

Optional downloads (quick updates to the full rom):

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 1 - 3g fix (Not the full rom, just a quick fix)
    MD5 Checksum d2e5078d9825389d5619dbb862ea0dd8

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 2 - Enable Charging Light
    MD5 Checksum d8fccf5c75882194b74c7e8a935301fd

Team Tiamat Xoom Rom 1.0 Update 3 - Fix dependency on busybox
    MD5 Checksum 8d9cdb4d2cb75869ef6c5786f82b09e7
    How to deodex HC 3.1

This is not a tutorial on the art of deodex! This is for those who already know the game but were stuck. This is how Roach showed me the trick to get HC smali to rebuild.

this is just the trick. Implement this method into your scripts as necessary.

use baksmali 1.2.7 to decode framework and system app .odex

once decoded, apply this string replace command to the output smali code

Code:

then build smali into classes.dex as normal with smali 1.2.7

This is the baksmali / smali and apktool used. After deodex, apktool ( Sangreal's HoneyTool ;D ) was confirmed working on Gmail.apk as a test.

Download Deodex apktool pack

Also included are the smali / baksmali wrapper scripts and the deodex scripts I wrote to do this job. All you script guys, don't hate cause it's a little sloppy. But it did the trick. Deodex guys, notice the trick with $classpath. Sloppy but it works.

On framework, you will have to add junit-core.jar to classpath for framework.jar, services.jar, policy.jar, and ext.jar.

On apps, they all go exept for bluetooth.apk and networklocation.apk. You have to add that long string of classpath for those, but they will go.

Have fun. :cool:
    I know where your going, but actually asus already had it :p

Where u think I smalikanged from lol!

I've been quiet and in hiding working on something epic. Tiamat Xoom Rom v1.1 beta has been released for testing. I have spent probably about 100 hours getting the rom to where it is now. It is the fastest, baddest, sickest thing the xoom has ever seen. This is truly how the xoom should have been released.

Just some highlights.

MountService now has full control of the Xoom storage system, as it should be. that means that Android mounts the MicroSD, and gives you the opportunity to control the MicroSD in a variety of ways. You can now unmount the MicroSD from the status bar or from Storage settings. You can safely remove the MicroSD and put in another one ( some call that HotSwap :D ) Also, you can manage any USB host connections ( like a thumb drive with OTG cable ) from the status bar and Storage settings. In the status bar, you can also launch a native file explorer and browse all mounted storage on the device. Android will now recognize media on both MicroSD and Internal storage. That means music and Gallery media will be seen on both storage points.

Mass Storage is a WIP atm. There are some unforseen complexities regarding shared volumes. However, I should have that fixed by release. Either way, at this point, Android is listening for UMS connections, so the hard part is done. I am having difficulties configuring vold.ftab to successfully unmount usb host connections, but we're in beta.

Also, you can configure multiple input methods on-the-fly with a new keyboard icon.

Solarnz has been busy too. He is finalizing "Localization Scripts" which will assist in the process of making the rom compatible with the many models we have to consider.

This is what I've been doing. We will have a release soon. If you feel you are qualified to test this rom, you can visit us on #xoom. You MUST BE ABLE TO PRODUCE LOGCATS AND PREFERABLY HAVE A GITHUB ACCOUNT. I am very excited about this rom. Also, i have scoured the depths of the Honeycomb framework. There are some amazing things in there. The future looks good for Xoomers.

Oh, almost forgot. It comes with Tiamat Kernel 1.4.5 ;)
    Change log:
    Change Log:

Code:
    [center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 1.x[/size][/b][/quote][/center]
    [b]Version 1.0 - Update 3 (Busybox fix)[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Fixed the dependency that the ramdisk had on busybox, specifically run-parts.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.0 - Update 2 (charging light)[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Enabled the led charging light in the ramdisk as per popular request.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.0 - 3g fix[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Fixed permissions in /system/bin. This was causing issues with 3g connections.
    [*]Replaced framework-res.apk with a less modified version. There is no SIP calling and sms now, but the activation screens work now.
    [/list]
    reserved for me