Power Management Settings - which are safe to turn off?

Search This thread

zyborg

Jun 21, 2008
Holmegaard
www.linkedin.com
Hi all,

I'm using Schap's Advanced Config to tweak my TD. I've now come to the Power Management settings (or 'Power Managment', as Schap calls them...) and I was wondering what these different settings actually apply to, what the individual settings mean, and which are SAFE to turn off with normal use:

- SD Memory
- AsyncMac1
- Irsir1
- PPTP1
- L2TP1

Thx. ;)

caljitu

Jun 30, 2008
dunno wat they mean

but i turned off the first 4 and the battery life seems pretty good (together with TLR's ROM 3)

SurfHost

Sep 27, 2007
Amsterdam
www.surfhost.nl
I'm using this cab file i created myself with the following Power Management settings.

HKLM\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms
HKLM\Comm\PPTP1\Parms
HKLM\Comm\L2TP1\Parms
HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\MMC_Class
HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\NAND_Class
HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class
HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SIM_Class

DisablePowerManagement set to 0 on all options

Attachments

• PowerManagement.cab
    292 bytes · Views: 1,076

zyborg

Jun 21, 2008
Holmegaard
www.linkedin.com
Interesting... even through I install your cab, when I enter Schap's Advanced Config after soft resetting the device, all the power management features still appear as "Enabled". Any explanation for this?:confused:

I'm using this cab file i created myself with the following Power Management settings.

HKLM\Comm\PPTP1\Parms
HKLM\Comm\L2TP1\Parms

zyborg

Jun 21, 2008
Holmegaard
www.linkedin.com
Interesting... even through I install your cab, when I enter Schap's Advanced Config after soft resetting the device, all the power management features still appear as "Enabled". Any explanation for this?:confused:

HKLM\Comm\PPTP1\Parms
HKLM\Comm\L2TP1\Parms

AntiProxy

Dec 31, 2004
okay i must admit this thread confused the heck out of me.
i thought it's advisable to turn on power management for all of the above mentioned items.

when i first checked on a stock rom, these were all disabled, so i enabled them.

are you saying now that they should be disabled for improved battery life?

zyborg

Jun 21, 2008
Holmegaard
www.linkedin.com
In Schap's Advanced Config under Power Management it says that disabling these settings will improve battery life.... but I don't know which settings are SAFE to turn of with normal use. That's why I started this thread.;)

okay i must admit this thread confused the heck out of me.
i thought it's advisable to turn on power management for all of the above mentioned items.

when i first checked on a stock rom, these were all disabled, so i enabled them.

are you saying now that they should be disabled for improved battery life?

ReLeXX

Jul 31, 2008
nanopix.de
No, it says enabling those settings will improve battery life. ;)
"Enable or disable power managment for xyz. Power managment reduces power consumption when xyz is not used."

So I enabled all those settings, but I don't know if that changed anything at all.

ReLeXX
In Schap's Advanced Config under Power Management it says that disabling these settings will improve battery life.... but I don't know which settings are SAFE to turn of with normal use. That's why I started this thread.;)

SurfHost

Sep 27, 2007
Amsterdam
www.surfhost.nl
The registry setting is: DisablePowerManagement
so if you want to enable power management (i guess you will, to extend battery life) you should set it to 0

I have no idea whether schaps advanced config sets this to 0 or 1 as i'm not using it.

Last edited:

Maxi imran

May 3, 2010
Can i get some help

I have a Samsung Jack SGH-i637 and i am a completely new user...can someone tell me how i can get rid of its Battery Problem....I cannot get a good time of battery and i need to charge my cell two times a day!...What shall i do???:confused::confused: