Pleasee help!! ;(

Search This thread

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Hi I'm new to Samsung devices yesterday I tries using navigation but for some reachinbit was stuck on searching for GPS no Mayer what it dint find GPS I'm running wicked sensation port v2.5 please someone help meeting ;(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
Hi I'm new to Samsung devices yesterday I tries using navigation but for some reachinbit was stuck on searching for GPS no Mayer what it dint find GPS I'm running wicked sensation port v2.5 please someone help meeting ;(

First thing I would try is download the app faster fix from the market. Open it and set your region and see if that helps. If not post in the roms thread to see if others have had a similar issue.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

thompsd

Mar 3, 2006
First check to see if the GPS icon is in the toolbar on top when you have maps running, if so then you can try resetting google frameworks and reinstalling maps. If not it's a little deeper problem and you'll need to unroot your phone and install a stock ROM using ODIN. I just went through this, there's a good tutorial on this site just do a search. Once you do that then you can flash root 66 to get your root back and then install whatever rom you want, GPS should be fixed. Interestingly I had the same problem after flashing Wicked so there maybe something in there that's breaking the GPS.

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
First check to see if the GPS icon is in the toolbar on top when you have maps running, if so then you can try resetting google frameworks and reinstalling maps. If not it's a little deeper problem and you'll need to unroot your phone and install a stock ROM using ODIN. I just went through this, there's a good tutorial on this site just do a search. Once you do that then you can flash root 66 to get your root back and then install whatever rom you want, GPS should be fixed. Interestingly I had the same problem after flashing Wicked so there maybe something in there that's breaking the GPS.

Yes I get the GPS icon on status bar.. how do I reset Google framework?

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
Yes I get the GPS icon on status bar.. how do I reset Google framework?

Not sure what he means by resetting the framework??? But go into settings>applications and find Google maps and clear data and cache and see if that helps. Also did you try the app I suggested it really helps

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Not sure what he means by resetting the framework??? But go into settings>applications and find Google maps and clear data and cache and see if that helps. Also did you try the app I suggested it really helps

Yes I've tried everything except Odin because. Idk how to do it and also here you can see I get the icon on status bar but it just keeps searching for GPS!; (

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Here is pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361484857846.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361484857846.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 47

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
Hmmm.... I see what you mean. My only suggestion is to go and Odin back.....

Get the files and procedures on using Odin from here :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33115777

[Firmware/OTAs] T999(V) Official, Leaked & Root66 FW & OTA Updates!

Ugh I thibkbi got it.. it worked on native navigation app but rakes a long time.. does anyone know of a third party navigation app