Extremely slow Galaxy Nexus (GSM)

Search This thread

RedDeadDorito

Oct 20, 2011
Kalamazoo
I recently rooted my Galaxy Nexus and flashed AOKP. everything was all good and stable, but now the phone will lag really bad and sometimes reboot.

I tried to install a new ROM, but it still does the same thing, even with no apps installed.

It's really bothering me... what could be the problem?

W

WiredPirate

Did you do a clean flash?

factory reset
wipe cache
wipe data
wipe dalvik cahce
format system
flash .zip
fix permissions

nmlssit

Oct 23, 2012
Reggio Emilia
This also happened to me, even after a factory reset the phone was still laggy and buggy.
If WiredPirate suggestion doesn't fix it, i recommend a total wipe of the phone through the ToolKit, restoring it like just bought. I know it's kind of a rude fix, but this worked for me :p

Jar3112

Aug 20, 2011
Vicenza
R: Extremely slow Galaxy Nexus (GSM)

I recently rooted my Galaxy Nexus and flashed AOKP. everything was all good and stable, but now the phone will lag really bad and sometimes reboot.

I tried to install a new ROM, but it still does the same thing, even with no apps installed.

It's really bothering me... what could be the problem?

Install androbench and run a full test, then post the output

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

RedDeadDorito

Oct 20, 2011
Kalamazoo
This also happened to me, even after a factory reset the phone was still laggy and buggy.
If WiredPirate suggestion doesn't fix it, i recommend a total wipe of the phone through the ToolKit, restoring it like just bought. I know it's kind of a rude fix, but this worked for me :p

How do I do this? WiredPirate's tips didn't work, unfortunately :(

szucsgf

Aug 8, 2012
Toronto
Cool. Doing the factory stuff worked... Can I reflash a ROM now? I really hate stock lol. Just don't mess it up, right? :p

You should do WiredPirate's steps each time you flash a difference ROM or Kernel. If you do that, and educate yourself on each particular ROM/Kernel very well prior to flashing in case there are any specific extra steps you should take, then there is very little risk of messing up your phone.

In the off chance something goes wrong, the Galaxy Nexus has one of the most active development communities. Whatever problem you encounter, someone else has probably already solved it and posted a fix on XDA.

As long as you're intelligent and patient you'll be fine. READ before you flash.

And here's a nice resource if you do end up shopping around for ROMs and Kernels:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160723