Xda app not working?

Search This thread

billydroid

Jun 24, 2010
Anyone else having connectivity issues with the XDA forum app or Tapatalk?

XDA works fine through a browser. But Tapatalk and XDA apps take forever, if at all, to load. I usually get a failed to connect message.

Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or data.

Etshooter

Jul 7, 2013
Google Pixel 5a
Yes and it's only just recently it's been happening for a few days but I thought it might be a server issue so I'm only just now looking for a real solution. Clearing cache and dalvik in recovery seems to fix it temporarily. For anyone who hasn't experienced it: hitting reload or starting app will give a "unable to connect to forum. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists." This occurs on both lte and Wi-Fi. Also it may be related: I'm unable to watch videos on chrome browser or javelin browser. It's really strange. Setup: HTC m8 rooted a-on tmobile arhd 7 and elex 17. Most things stock with kernel.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

billydroid

Jun 24, 2010
It's happening on my son's sgs3 as well. Both with XDA APP and Tapatalk. So it's on XDA's end.

billydroid

Jun 24, 2010
Here is something weird. Installed ad-away and it's working 95% better. Idk

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Shebee

Mar 9, 2008
Anyone else having connectivity issues with the XDA forum app or Tapatalk?

XDA works fine through a browser. But Tapatalk and XDA apps take forever, if at all, to load. I usually get a failed to connect message.

Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or data.

Yeah the xda app is crap, half of the time I get the connection error on a perfectly stable connection, and mostly it won't load all threads etc...
:/
I've got adaway too.

Etshooter

Jul 7, 2013
Google Pixel 5a
It's been fine for a while. I installed adaway again but not sure if it's that our maybe they just corrected a forum thing. Using tapatalk btw.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
I gave up on the XDA app a long time ago, it's absolutely terrible and beggars belief that for a forum with so many skilled people on, whoever is behind this app needs to put some serious effort into improving it.

Stick to the Tapatalk app, not perfect much better than the XDA one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

billydroid

Jun 24, 2010
It's been fine for a while. I installed adaway again but not sure if it's that our maybe they just corrected a forum thing. Using tapatalk btw.

My went back to being a piece of s**t again. It was just coincidence I suppose. It only works 15% of time with Tapatalk or XDA APP. It's funny a development forum app is plague with bugs.

DaWeav

Sep 8, 2009
Plus one!!! It has been almost a week now that XDA access via TapaTalk has been terrible. I hate using the browser, so I hope both XDA and TapaTalk get it together and resolve this stuff.

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
I gave up on the XDA app a long time ago, it's absolutely terrible and beggars belief that for a forum with so many skilled people on, whoever is behind this app needs to put some serious effort into improving it.

Stick to the Tapatalk app, not perfect much better than the XDA one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The XDA app is made by Tapatalk and non of the guys you on about don't work for them.