[Discontinued][ROM][4.2.2][G Pro] ColorOS 2.0 Based on CM10.1 [F240x/F220K/E980/E988]

Search This thread

JTJTJ

Nov 3, 2013
ColorOS 2.0 for G Pro by WS008

Based on CM10.1 (4.2.2) and ColorOS Patchrom

Please take note that although this ROM is based on CM10.1, it is not merely a modification to the CyanogenMod. It uses a similar method to MIUI in building the ROM. You will get a ColorOS experience instead of a CM one by flashing it.

About ColorOS

ColorOS is a firmware based on Android with intensive modifications. It was created by Oppo and originally ran only on Oppo devices such as the Oppo Find 7. In 2014, Oppo started its Patchrom Open Source Project and allowed the ROM to be ported to other Android devices.

The ROM is ported by the Chinese developer WS008. The development of the ROM has stopped (for a long time...)

Features

ColorOS features
Added SmartMax to the kernel.
Zipaligned.
Rooted, SuperSU.
Smooth as CM10.1.
Improved battery life.
Double tap to wake.
Slide to wake.
Included Aroma Installer. You may choose which variant you have and whether you want GApps when flashing.

Screenshots

How to install

Install custom recovery (PhilZ Touch recovery recommended) (There are issues with TWRP.)
Wipe Data/Cache/System (Important)
Flash zip -> Select Your variant -> Select GApps

Downloads
From ColorOS official server.

Known Issues
NFC not working.

FAQs

1. Why 4.2.2?
The ColorOS Patchrom currently only supports Android 4.2.2. The update can only made by Oppo. We will try to update to KitKat as quickly as we can once Oppo releases the KitKat update to the Patchrom.

2. Why Chinese?
The ROM is in Chinese by default (Sorry, we cannot change it unless Oppo does something.) You may switch to English in Settings (设置).

If you like this ROM, please click the "Thanks" button. We will also appreciate a lot if you connect to the Internet at least once after flashing for statistical purposes.

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Last edited:

g0at1

Sep 24, 2013
Thank you very much @JTJTJ.

Eventhough you are not the developer, but your action helps us very much as we do not have that great assortment of roms.

Cheers.

olorin

Feb 12, 2007
TNX :good:

For some reason i couldn't connect to my WiFi network. Also i was able to choose Hebrew language but the interface changed to English.

Unknown1981

Dec 8, 2013
Islamabad
Not working on F220K

Sorry, but i've tried to install it several times on F220K, the installation process completes well and then it does'nt boot, then i tried F240k variant and it installed and booted well, but it had some graphics glitches on F220k, any help would be appriciated,

pramod1969

Apr 27, 2012
ROM installed fine but everything is in Chinese. Color OS looks beautiful. I wish they added more steps in English for initial set up. This thread will be hard to maintain in English unless we are able to install in English.

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
ROM installed fine but everything is in Chinese. Color OS looks beautiful. I wish they added more steps in English for initial set up. This thread will be hard to maintain in English unless we are able to install in English.

Can i happen to ask what rom where you on when you flashed this rom? I tried installing this and MIUI on kitkat but it won't boot past lg logo after installation. Were you able to test he battery life?

GreatCaesar

Jan 30, 2013
UPDATE: It's not too bad, I'm not 100% sure what the OTA does but I'm on the 06/16 build. I'll try and see if I can get the double-tap wake to work in a bit. Just seeing if I can change the Chinese keyboard to an English one since installing Google Keyboard from the Playstore FC's. Overall: not bad at all.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the speaker sounds noticeably better on here. I'm not sure what's different but the quality is great.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-30-04-42-50-78.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-30-04-42-50-78.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

symbian6600

Sep 8, 2008
May I know how to disable NFC function? I click disable but it still keeping enable. Is it a bug?

capeorigins

Dec 18, 2012
Lakewood
So, I tried this before, and I loved the features. I couldnt however get wifi and stuff to work. I want to try it again, but the zip wont download correctly :/ It is "invalid"

EDIT: If anyone has the same problem, download and use DAp. It downloaded it without making it invalid, lol.
'

Last edited:

culot

Oct 11, 2014
Bay
Anyone else have problems with getting stuck a LG logo upon first booting after install? I found that it can be fixed by copying 'wcd9310_mbhc.bin' and 'wcd9310_anc.bin' into '/system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/' (files available from here). I packed them into the ZIP, reinstalled, and am now having a colorful os. :)

The non-existence of those files causes this error upon install, though it wasn't reported by the installer--it claimed success!:

Code:
    symlink: failed to symlink /system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_mbhc.bin to /data/misc/audio/mbhc.bin: No such file or directory
    symlink: failed to symlink /system/etc/firmware/wcd9310/wcd9310_anc.bin to /data/misc/audio/wcd9310_anc.bin: No such file or directory

Which, I think, caused a nasty loop of '[CAM/E][ERR] ce1702_i2c_rxdata failed!' errors upon first boot, keeping me from advancing past that mocking LG logo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ColorOS 2.0 for G Pro by WS008

Based on CM10.1 (4.2.2) and ColorOS Patchrom

Please take note that although this ROM is based on CM10.1, it is not merely a modification to the CyanogenMod. It uses a similar method to MIUI in building the ROM. You will get a ColorOS experience instead of a CM one by flashing it.

About ColorOS

ColorOS is a firmware based on Android with intensive modifications. It was created by Oppo and originally ran only on Oppo devices such as the Oppo Find 7. In 2014, Oppo started its Patchrom Open Source Project and allowed the ROM to be ported to other Android devices.

The ROM is ported by the Chinese developer WS008. The development of the ROM has stopped (for a long time...)

Features

ColorOS features
    Added SmartMax to the kernel.
    Zipaligned.
    Rooted, SuperSU.
    Smooth as CM10.1.
    Improved battery life.
    Double tap to wake.
    Slide to wake.
    Included Aroma Installer. You may choose which variant you have and whether you want GApps when flashing.

Screenshots

How to install

Install custom recovery (PhilZ Touch recovery recommended) (There are issues with TWRP.)
    Wipe Data/Cache/System (Important)
    Flash zip -> Select Your variant -> Select GApps

Downloads
    From ColorOS official server.

Known Issues
    NFC not working.

FAQs

1. Why 4.2.2?
    The ColorOS Patchrom currently only supports Android 4.2.2. The update can only made by Oppo. We will try to update to KitKat as quickly as we can once Oppo releases the KitKat update to the Patchrom.

2. Why Chinese?
    The ROM is in Chinese by default (Sorry, we cannot change it unless Oppo does something.) You may switch to English in Settings (设置).

If you like this ROM, please click the "Thanks" button. We will also appreciate a lot if you connect to the Internet at least once after flashing for statistical purposes.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */