[APP/OPEN SOURCE]Screen Standby ♯ Root [2.0]-Screen off while keeping device active

Search This thread

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
[APP/OPEN SOURCE]Screen Standby ♯ Root [2.0]-Screen off while keeping device active

SCREEN STANDBY ♯ ROOT 2.0
TURN OFF SCREEN AND AVOID OVERHEATING PROBLEM FROM PROLONGED STREAMING/GAMING OVER HDMI / MHL | DOWNLOADING DATA OVER WIFI
SAVE YOUR SCREEN AND BATTERY WHILE PHONE IS STILL RUNNING!
OPEN SOURCE!
AUTO SCREEN OFF / ON WITH HDMI CONNECTION / DISCONNECTION

Git Repo: https://github.com/nkahoang/screenstandby

promonew_xda_zpsbfbcbdd2.png

Remote Controller Feature - Public Review
remoteBanner_zps56ef2600.png

Setting Wizard
settingwizard_zps62df3a35.png

Search Plugin
searchplugin_zpsc15ab8ca.png

Selectable UI
toggleui_zpsa8d122ab.png

Outgoing call automator
automator_zpse7d250b0.png

TURN YOUR SCREEN INTO TOUCHPAD, NO NEED FOR BUYING AN EXTERNAL MOUSE!​
REMOTE CONTROLLER FEATURE!​
SCREEN STANDBY IS NOW LIVE ON GOOGLE PLAY STORE!
The app is published under the name "Screen Standby ♯ Root"

INTRODUCTION
Hi everyone,
This is originally for HTC One X, however, I have ported it to the Galaxy Nexus and now it could work on all devices! (Galaxy S3 / Moto Razr / etc). "Screen Standby" will completely turn off the backlight while keeping the phone running for MHL / HDMI streaming|gaming. That means you can now watch movie / play games on big screen and can still turn off the screen (touch screen still works!).

ROOT REQUIRED (Non-root method also available but not as effective & battery saving as root)

FEATURES
- Switch off the screen temporarily without actually putting the phone into 'sleep mode'. The phone is still running! It saves your battery, avoids heating to prolong battery life
- Since 1.96, screen can be optionally turned into touchpad!
- It has a nice little widget that let you quickly turn the screen off from your homescreen
- Since version 1.5 beta 2, shaking your device will temporarily toggle between complete screen off and lowest brightness level (so that you can perform quick action without playing a blind guessing game)
- Non-root method now available with 1.98 Beta 7
- One two dimmer: Turn off screen automatically after an idling time (no user interaction)
- Simple interface

WHY?

This little app will temporarily turn off screen backlight, however, unlike putting the phone to sleep, the phone is kept running. It is perfect for keeping the phone from heating from prolonged HDMI streaming over Medialink HD or MHL connection (the screen is off yet image/movie/games continue to be streamed) / or wifi data downloading, etc.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

It attempts to perform various actions (cutting screen voltage / brightness / light switch / writing a blank image to frame buffer, etc)
(Since 1.5, the voltage method is temporarily disabled)
For some devices, the screen may shutter a bit if Automatic Brightness is turned on. However, the app will automatically detect it and put the backlight into sleep again. So if you want to avoid the problem, set Automatic Brightness to false.. Since 1.7, enable auto brightness handling in app setting helps preventing this flickering

HOW TO TURN ON THE SCREEN AGAIN?
+ Click on the app notification on your status bar (since version 1.3) or
+ Simply put the phone into true sleep (short press power button) then turn it on (power button again)
+ Temporarily lid the light a bit by shaking the device (since 1.5b2, enable it in Menu -> Settings)
+ If you can't turn on using any of the above methods, press emergency button (in main app interface) to turn on / or use 2 by 1 widget

SCREENSHOTS (Updated for version v1.97)

ss001_resized_zps6e8366ab.jpg
ss002_resized_zps69f173f3.jpg
ss003_resized_zpse4c7e153.jpg

Installation
Install as normal apk :) No big deal
Remember, install and use as your own risk, even though I can't think of any damage this little app can cause to your phone

Changelogs:
ßeta 2 Changelog:
Add toggable UI: Metro and Android Dark Holo (in Settings -> Extra)
New feature: Outgoing call automator !

First ßeta Changelog:
- New! Setting Wizard to help user quickly and easily set up Screen Standby. Simply select your known-supported device (the list is expanding!
Please help me) and your use-case (Streaming movie / Playing ingress / Playing Youtube etc) and the wizard will automatically select the optimised preset for you!
- New! Screen Standby Search Plugin to help automate Screen Standby from Search key (long press search hardware-key or softkey) or Google Now gesture (swipe up from Home softkey on Jellybean device). The plugin can now open Screen Standby interface, activate / deactivate / toggle screen off or launch Remote Controller
- Added better Root & BusyBox checker and helper
- Added new Tasker intent to control screen standby:
com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.TOGGLE : to toggle screen on and off automatically
com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.REMOTE_CONTROL: to launch Remote Control from tasker
- Added new option to broadcast an intent to Tasker when HDMI is detected (go to my app's settings -> HDMI Detection -> Enable broadcast on HDMI Connection/Disconnection. Specify intent action (case-sensitive) for each case. Go to tasker, add New System Event -> Intent Received, type exactly the action intent you provided in Screen Standby). The best part is, HDMI Intent can also be broadcast without activating Screen Standby (yeah, so you can use SS as a HDMI sensor for tasker)
- Added ability to use Remote Controller with Wifi-Direct (if a warning message is shown, just click 'Continue Anyway')
Optimizations:
- Continued optimisation for Nexus 4
- Added wake-lock to One Two Dimmer
- Slightly tuned sensors

From user report:
Normally, with the same amount of time watching movie, battery drain drops from 30% down to just 2%!!!!!!!!!!!

Please report bugs / feedbacks / suggestions.
To help me solving your issue faster, since version 1.31, you may want to open the app, hit "Menu" key -> Print debug info. It will then generates a log file containing the required information. Please send that file over pm to me. Thank you

Special thanks to:
- ppmeis (helps with S2, now S3 / Transformer and lots of other stuffs)
- winsettr (helps with Galaxy Nexus compatibility and constant reports)
- mnsk (helps with his Sony and Iconia)
- cocatriz (helps with S2)
- TheDarkLux (helps with Galaxy S3)
- evilmtv (helps with problems on GB devices)

Coffee buyers:
Styles Vancleave
- agronick from AppRadio / ARLiberator forum
- jjwatmyself (and also thanks for his mention of my app on his thread)
- jdbaldi
- jhanson
- MichaelMotes
Youtube clip:
- Doctor.Krouch

Tutorial: Setup app to work with tasker / Llama
Follow the instruction of this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33073452&postcount=92 (Tasker)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33073452&postcount=565 (Llama, thank Buzzthebuzzsaw)

DOWNLOAD
Stable version of app can be downloaded in attachments section on through Google Play Store. In addition, this thread will receive beta / experimental build in the future.

Archived build (1.1 to 1.96) can be downloaded from here

Attachments

• ScreenStandby1.8.apk
    281.1 KB · Views: 5,757
  • ScreenStandby1.9.apk
    273.6 KB · Views: 2,093
  • ScreenStandby1.9.4_Hallow-build.apk
    1 MB · Views: 1,471
  • ScreenStandby1.9.7.apk
    346.9 KB · Views: 1,189
  • ScreenStandby1.9.8.apk
    428.3 KB · Views: 2,230
  • ScreenStandbyLite1.5.apk
    355 KB · Views: 1,389
  • ScreenStandby1.9.9Beta.apk
    427.4 KB · Views: 862
  • ScreenStandby1.9.9Beta4.apk
    443.8 KB · Views: 830
  • ScreenStandby1.9.9Beta5.apk
    445.2 KB · Views: 1,386
  • ScreenStandby1.9.9.apk
    457.2 KB · Views: 3,053
  • ScreenStandby1.9.9Rev2.apk
    466.1 KB · Views: 3,770
  • ScreenStandby2.0earlyalpha.apk
    650.8 KB · Views: 1,100
  • ScreenStandby2.0earlyalpha2.apk
    651 KB · Views: 923
  • ScreenStandby2.0alpha3.apk
    660 KB · Views: 1,399
  • ScreenStandby2.0alpha9.apk
    851 KB · Views: 2,797
  • ScreenStandby2.0beta.apk
    856.5 KB · Views: 2,481
  • ScreenStandbySearchPluginBeta.apk
    26.5 KB · Views: 3,085
  • ScreenStandby2.0beta2.apk
    886.3 KB · Views: 28,602
Last edited:

winsettr

Oct 26, 2010
Awesome app. I don't know if this makes sense, but on my Galaxy Nexus the previous version was much quicker to turn the screen off...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
OCT 14 2012. App updated.
UI rework + Add notification to quickly turn off screen without put phone into sleep (see screenshot)

Awesome app. I don't know if this makes sense, but on my Galaxy Nexus the previous version was much quicker to turn the screen off...

It should be slower the first time you use it only (since now it will manually find screen device for every phone, not hardcoded like before)

ppmeis

Jun 7, 2012
La Coruña
Working on TF300T almost perfect. The only "issue" is that when I turn off display, keyboard dock doesn't work (touchpad and usb works but not keyboard).

It doesn't work on my sgs2...I'll try at home with mhl connected and I'll report again. Nice work man. A must have app!

Confirmed it doesn't work on SGS2. It turns brightness at lowest level without standby screen.

Device Info:
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-9100 International
OS Version: 4.0.4 ICS (tested on GB 2.3.6 too)

Last edited:

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
Awesome app, one thing is that is a bit of a guessing game when trying to select apps and actions inside apps. Could be a tiny bit higher, so we can see at least barely what we are tapping on?

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
Working on TF300T almost perfect. The only "issue" is that when I turn off display, keyboard dock doesn't work (touchpad and usb works but not keyboard).

It doesn't work on my sgs2...I'll try at home with mhl connected and I'll report again. Nice work man. A must have app!

Confirmed it doesn't work on SGS2. It turns brightness at lowest level without standby screen.

Device Info:
Samsung Galaxy S II GT-9100 International
OS Version: 4.0.4 ICS (tested on GB 2.3.6 too)

Please download the latest version (1.31) which have print debug info ("Menu" -> "Print debug info") and sends the file it generates over to me. I don't have either of your devices so this may be the only way I can fix that bug.

Awesome app, one thing is that is a bit of a guessing game when trying to select apps and actions inside apps. Could be a tiny bit higher, so we can see at least barely what we are tapping on?

Ugh, i'm not sure what you mean. Can you explain it a bit clearer? If it is possible then I shall implement that.

nightwinn

Jul 15, 2010
I think he's asking if you can make it have a little bit of light so he can barely see the screen. When you are using the phone with a TV, you have to guess where to touch the screen.

Perhaps an adjustable brightness setting or just a barely on setting would be helpful for some.

Last edited:

winsettr

Oct 26, 2010
That really defeats the purpose of this app... If you need that functionality, look into Screen Filter or something similar that will lower the brightness but keep the screen on.

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS.!!!!! THANK U.! LOL

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
I think he's asking if you can make it have a little bit of light so he can barely see the screen. When you are using the phone with a TV, you have to guess where to touch the screen.

Perhaps an adjustable brightness setting or just a barely on setting would be helpful for some.

Yeah this what I meant. Specially when playing games it is very hard, for stuff that can't be mapped into a gamepad

That really defeats the purpose of this app... If you need that functionality, look into Screen Filter or something similar that will lower the brightness but keep the screen on.

The thing with screenfilter is that it lowers the brightness on the TV too.

I just had another idea, don't know how complicated it would be to implement though. Would it be possible to add "an always on top or floating button" that would toggle the screen on and off. For example there's an app for exploiting games called Game Guardian, this app has a very small, semi transparent and movable icon that lets you access it from anywhere. This way when we need to open mxplayer and select a movie from our library we can easily turn the lights back on and then turn them off after selecting the video.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: winsettr

ppmeis

Jun 7, 2012
La Coruña
Please download the latest version (1.31) which have print debug info ("Menu" -> "Print debug info") and sends the file it generates over to me. I don't have either of your devices so this may be the only way I can fix that bug.

Here's the log. I hope it'll help to find the issue.

Attachments

• screenstandby20121016-083456.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 28

TheDarkLux

Oct 16, 2012
Hi, i have a I9300 SGS3 and i doenst work.
Here's the debug log.

Attachments

• screenstandby20121016-091241.txt
    172 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited:

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
Reactions: joeyman08

TheDarkLux

Oct 16, 2012
Your log has nothing inside! Is it because you didn't grant root access to my app? Try uninstall / reinstall and answer "Allow" when superuser/supersu asks you.

It has, i tried uninstall/reinstall now, with same result. Log is empty
It is in my SuperSU app an has root access.
Here the log of SuperSU, because the app is writing anything in the log.
first log:

find /sys/devices -name 'brightness'
exit
sh: <stdin>(1): find: not found

second log:

find /sys/devices
sh: <stdin>(1): find: not found

Last edited:

nkahoang

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
www.nkahnt.com
BIG UPDATE: VERSION 1.4 BETA

+ Now have another way to turn off screen: SET SCREEN VOLTAGE TO ZERO VOLT. With this we have some bonus advantages:
- Much faster turn off time
- No more shuttering with auto brightness!
- Should work with AMOLED Devices (Galaxy S2 / S3 owners, please report!)

However, you should upgrade only if previous version does not work for your devices since this method is still a bit unstable.

TheDarkLux

Oct 16, 2012
Thanks a lot mate, now it works :)

Confirm working on SGS3.

Bug Report (1):
I have the app VirtualSat.eu to watch tv. When i'm in the app menu, display is off/black (tv still on) when i then select to watch something, the display powers on again.
Bug (2):
after the first operation, i pushed the home button (display powers off again), then scrolled down the notification bar to disable screenOff, it disappears from the notification bar. But display is still off. So i pushed the power button to get to the lock screen (this method is working).
Edit(1)
Tested a bit more, (for bug 2): If i reopen the app an repush on the screen off button (to get the app back in the notification bar), and then tried to reactivate the display, the display powers on for about 2-3 seconds and then again powers off.

For Bug(1): Tried another TV app (Zattoo) there the display stays off if i select a station to watch. So i think it's the app who uses a command that gets the display back on.

But in anyway thanks for your work. Will test with some other apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: nkahoang

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SCREEN STANDBY ♯ ROOT 2.0
    TURN OFF SCREEN AND AVOID OVERHEATING PROBLEM FROM PROLONGED STREAMING/GAMING OVER HDMI / MHL | DOWNLOADING DATA OVER WIFI
    SAVE YOUR SCREEN AND BATTERY WHILE PHONE IS STILL RUNNING!
    OPEN SOURCE!
    AUTO SCREEN OFF / ON WITH HDMI CONNECTION / DISCONNECTION

Git Repo: https://github.com/nkahoang/screenstandby

promonew_xda_zpsbfbcbdd2.png

Remote Controller Feature - Public Review
    remoteBanner_zps56ef2600.png

Setting Wizard
    settingwizard_zps62df3a35.png

Search Plugin
    searchplugin_zpsc15ab8ca.png

Selectable UI
    toggleui_zpsa8d122ab.png

Outgoing call automator
    automator_zpse7d250b0.png

TURN YOUR SCREEN INTO TOUCHPAD, NO NEED FOR BUYING AN EXTERNAL MOUSE!​
    REMOTE CONTROLLER FEATURE!​
    The app is published under the name "Screen Standby ♯ Root"

INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone,
    This is originally for HTC One X, however, I have ported it to the Galaxy Nexus and now it could work on all devices! (Galaxy S3 / Moto Razr / etc). "Screen Standby" will completely turn off the backlight while keeping the phone running for MHL / HDMI streaming|gaming. That means you can now watch movie / play games on big screen and can still turn off the screen (touch screen still works!).

ROOT REQUIRED (Non-root method also available but not as effective & battery saving as root)

FEATURES
    - Switch off the screen temporarily without actually putting the phone into 'sleep mode'. The phone is still running! It saves your battery, avoids heating to prolong battery life
    - Since 1.96, screen can be optionally turned into touchpad!
    - It has a nice little widget that let you quickly turn the screen off from your homescreen
    - Since version 1.5 beta 2, shaking your device will temporarily toggle between complete screen off and lowest brightness level (so that you can perform quick action without playing a blind guessing game)
    - Non-root method now available with 1.98 Beta 7
    - One two dimmer: Turn off screen automatically after an idling time (no user interaction)
    - Simple interface

WHY?

This little app will temporarily turn off screen backlight, however, unlike putting the phone to sleep, the phone is kept running. It is perfect for keeping the phone from heating from prolonged HDMI streaming over Medialink HD or MHL connection (the screen is off yet image/movie/games continue to be streamed) / or wifi data downloading, etc.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

It attempts to perform various actions (cutting screen voltage / brightness / light switch / writing a blank image to frame buffer, etc)
    (Since 1.5, the voltage method is temporarily disabled)
    For some devices, the screen may shutter a bit if Automatic Brightness is turned on. However, the app will automatically detect it and put the backlight into sleep again. So if you want to avoid the problem, set Automatic Brightness to false.. Since 1.7, enable auto brightness handling in app setting helps preventing this flickering

HOW TO TURN ON THE SCREEN AGAIN?
    + Click on the app notification on your status bar (since version 1.3) or
    + Simply put the phone into true sleep (short press power button) then turn it on (power button again)
    + Temporarily lid the light a bit by shaking the device (since 1.5b2, enable it in Menu -> Settings)
    + If you can't turn on using any of the above methods, press emergency button (in main app interface) to turn on / or use 2 by 1 widget

SCREENSHOTS (Updated for version v1.97)

ss001_resized_zps6e8366ab.jpg
    ss002_resized_zps69f173f3.jpg
    ss003_resized_zpse4c7e153.jpg

Installation
    Install as normal apk :) No big deal
    Remember, install and use as your own risk, even though I can't think of any damage this little app can cause to your phone

Changelogs:
    ßeta 2 Changelog:
    Add toggable UI: Metro and Android Dark Holo (in Settings -> Extra)
    New feature: Outgoing call automator !

First ßeta Changelog:
    - New! Setting Wizard to help user quickly and easily set up Screen Standby. Simply select your known-supported device (the list is expanding!
    Please help me) and your use-case (Streaming movie / Playing ingress / Playing Youtube etc) and the wizard will automatically select the optimised preset for you!
    - New! Screen Standby Search Plugin to help automate Screen Standby from Search key (long press search hardware-key or softkey) or Google Now gesture (swipe up from Home softkey on Jellybean device). The plugin can now open Screen Standby interface, activate / deactivate / toggle screen off or launch Remote Controller
    - Added better Root & BusyBox checker and helper
    - Added new Tasker intent to control screen standby:
    com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.TOGGLE : to toggle screen on and off automatically
    com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.REMOTE_CONTROL: to launch Remote Control from tasker
    - Added new option to broadcast an intent to Tasker when HDMI is detected (go to my app's settings -> HDMI Detection -> Enable broadcast on HDMI Connection/Disconnection. Specify intent action (case-sensitive) for each case. Go to tasker, add New System Event -> Intent Received, type exactly the action intent you provided in Screen Standby). The best part is, HDMI Intent can also be broadcast without activating Screen Standby (yeah, so you can use SS as a HDMI sensor for tasker)
    - Added ability to use Remote Controller with Wifi-Direct (if a warning message is shown, just click 'Continue Anyway')
    Optimizations:
    - Continued optimisation for Nexus 4
    - Added wake-lock to One Two Dimmer
    - Slightly tuned sensors

From user report:
    Normally, with the same amount of time watching movie, battery drain drops from 30% down to just 2%!!!!!!!!!!!

Please report bugs / feedbacks / suggestions.
    To help me solving your issue faster, since version 1.31, you may want to open the app, hit "Menu" key -> Print debug info. It will then generates a log file containing the required information. Please send that file over pm to me. Thank you

Special thanks to:
    - ppmeis (helps with S2, now S3 / Transformer and lots of other stuffs)
    - winsettr (helps with Galaxy Nexus compatibility and constant reports)
    - mnsk (helps with his Sony and Iconia)
    - cocatriz (helps with S2)
    - TheDarkLux (helps with Galaxy S3)
    - evilmtv (helps with problems on GB devices)

Coffee buyers:
    Styles Vancleave
    - agronick from AppRadio / ARLiberator forum
    - jjwatmyself (and also thanks for his mention of my app on his thread)
    - jdbaldi
    - jhanson
    - MichaelMotes
    Youtube clip:
    - Doctor.Krouch

Tutorial: Setup app to work with tasker / Llama
    Follow the instruction of this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33073452&postcount=92 (Tasker)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33073452&postcount=565 (Llama, thank Buzzthebuzzsaw)

DOWNLOAD
    Stable version of app can be downloaded in attachments section on through Google Play Store. In addition, this thread will receive beta / experimental build in the future.

Archived build (1.1 to 1.96) can be downloaded from here
    [Tutorial] Making Screen Standby works with Tasker

This tutorial will help you setup tasker to automatically turn off / on screen based on your defined profiles.

Step 1. Download and install my app (only works with version 1.5 and above), then open Tasker, of course
    Step 2. Switch to Tasks tab, click on the Add button (plus icon)
    Step 3. Type "Screen off" as Name or up to you /* creating action to enable my app to turn off the screen */
    Step 4. Click on the Add action button (plus icon)
    Step 5. Select Misc -> Send Intent
    Step 6. In the action box, type in com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.ENABLE
    (case sensitive)
    Step 7. Click on OK (check icon button)

Step 8. Add another task
    Step 9. Type "Screen on" as Name or up to you /* creating action to disable the app to turn the screen on again */
    Step 10. Click on the Add action button
    Step 11. Select Misc -> Send Intent
    Step 12. In the action box, type in com.nkahoang.screenstandby.action.DISABLE
    (case sensitive)
    Step 13. Click on OK (check icon button)

Step 14 (Optional). Go to Screen Standby -> Menu -> Settings and set all the options you want the app to behave like

Now you can add action "Screen off" and "Screen on" in your Tasker profile. Have fun!
    Screen Standby is now OPEN SOURCE

Hi everyone, sorry for the long long response. Many things happened and I'm extremely sorry for any issues and lack of my feedback.

Today, I finally have some free time and open sourced Screen Standby to everyone under GNU GPL v2 license

Every developer will be able to access the codebase of the app for the first time (with screen off, remoting, HDMI, everything!) and contribute directly to it. I would like to apologize for being late in open sourcing the app. I recognise my biggest problem was the ambitious of making the app compatible with all devices, which did prove that it is an impossible task. Screen Standby is too hardware specific and I, myself cannot maintain it to work on all devices.

The app should be able to compatible with 4.4 devices (4.3 device please wait for an update to 4.4)

Github repository is at the following URL:
    https://github.com/nkahoang/screenstandby

If the app is not working on your devices, please ask your device developer to contribute in the app project. I, myself, will contribute in the following devices:
    - Google Nexus 4 (4.0+)
    - Google Nexus 5 (4.4+)
    - Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 (4.4+, which is broken as I dropped it after having it for about 1 month... )

Cheers and glory to Open Source community
    promo_xda_newyear_zps97da5785.png

New year Release: 1.99 R2
    - Add new feature: "Auto app detection". If enabled, this feature will turn off screen when the selected app is launched (Youtube, Ingress, MX Player, etc) and screen will be turned on again if none of the selected app is active. Select up to 4 apps, disabled by default.
    - Much much better One Two Dim. The handler is completely rewritten and should be more stable and battery friendly
    - Attempt to fix Nexus 10 bugs
    - Squash some small bugs

I would like to thank you to Styles Vancleave with his very generous donation that is enough to buy me more than a year worth of daily coffee. It greatly helps further development of this app. Thanks again!
    Everyone, I would like to make an announcement
    fanfare.play();

The app is published under the name "Screen Standby ♯ Root" with version v1.75 (also updated on this thread), which has the following changelogs:

- New icon !!!
    - Proximity sensor (experimental, please test for me! )
    - Even better stability & faster off time
    - I also implemented an ads banner with this (don't worry guy, there is an option in Settings to turn it off :highfive:.)

Both XDA Thread and Google Play will receive constant update from me (for those who don't use Google Service can download the app directly from this thread). Moreover, XDA Thread will receive more frequent update (like what I have been doing)

Please spend time checking it out and give me some reviews :p It would encourage me a lot in further development of the app.

--------------------

One more thing, as I mentioned, my MHL adapter is broken. So can anyone with MHL adapter make a short Youtube demonstration clip for this little app so that I could add it to the Google Play page? I would be very very grateful.

Once again, I would like to express my deepest appreciation to everyone for helping me. Without you, this app is still a lost orphan thread sinking down somewhere in XDA.

CHEERS!