S-OFF Achieved for Permanent Root (AlphaRev Team)

Search This thread

prestontmitch

Jun 6, 2008
Las Cruces
S-OFF has been achieved on the VZ Droid Incredible 2 using the exploit from AlphaRevX.

Many thanks to IEF and the rest of the AlphaRev team who are working on bringing this to the masses.

AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC IN BETA FORM AT http://revolutionary.io/

STAY ON TOPIC OR POST ELSEWHERE

General Info:

Yes this will work on the .97 bootloader. It involves flashing a custom inc s bootloader, then running the exploit.

Yes this is the Verizon Droid Incredible 2. Note the Vivo_W in the header of the pic below.

No, you can't just flash the Inc S bootloader then use alpharevX.

No, you can't ask for ETA's. I'm not a member of Alpharev and will not ask for you!

No, this is not fake, take a look at the videos posted by Jcase further on in the thread.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 9,650
Last edited:

Merc82386

Oct 22, 2010
Now we wait for a custom recovery? Preferably one in English.
Or is this it and we just need the guide/app?

Clutch McWinner

Dec 9, 2010
Massachusetts
Hot Damn!111 As soon as I get out from my financial mess, I'll be donating to those boys (and girls?). Merry Christmas!

Will it work on hboot 0.97.0000?

Last edited:

timmay2t

Nov 9, 2010
I did read on the IS forums that somebody was already working on a CM7 for it and it was almost in an official alpha stage, only a couple bugs left to work out. So i doubt it would be too long.

Thanks and congrats, you guys just keep going and going!

t0adman

Nov 3, 2009
Seattle
Since accidentally submerging my htc Trophy in saltwater last weekend I've been eyeballing the I2. Based on what we see here is it safe to assume this is now or will soon be perm rooted? I have the opportunity to buy a I2 tonight and would love to know it's good to go.

Last edited:

timmay2t

Nov 9, 2010
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132902

There is a donation link there.

t0adman, this is by far the best android device i've touched hands down. I've owned the original inc, the vibrant, and i've rooted just about every phone available. This thing is hands down the best. Has some sound issues that i think can be fixed through root, but the overall quality, speed, and battery life is incredible (no pun intended).

I wouldn't concearn with permanent root, i bought mine a month ago and was quite surprised how happy i was with it just stock. It's really THAT good.

Last edited:

CannibalAngel

Apr 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
If my understanding is right, AlphaRevX achieved S-OFF, not root. But root should only be a couple days away. After root, ROMs are right around the corner (as long as the Devs plan on making them).

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

t0adman

Nov 3, 2009
Seattle
I'm coming from an htc Imagio (which I love but WM6.5 was awful) and a Droid X, which I also thought was awesome. Looking forward to this phone. Thanks.

TB13

Jun 15, 2011
Chandler, AZ
I have tried just about everything, I think he must have done it with a different, newer version of the AlphaRevX program because the old one doesn't recognize the version of HBoot on the Inc2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-OFF has been achieved on the VZ Droid Incredible 2 using the exploit from AlphaRevX.

Many thanks to IEF and the rest of the AlphaRev team who are working on bringing this to the masses.

AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC IN BETA FORM AT http://revolutionary.io/

STAY ON TOPIC OR POST ELSEWHERE

General Info:

Yes this will work on the .97 bootloader. It involves flashing a custom inc s bootloader, then running the exploit.

Yes this is the Verizon Droid Incredible 2. Note the Vivo_W in the header of the pic below.

No, you can't just flash the Inc S bootloader then use alpharevX.

No, you can't ask for ETA's. I'm not a member of Alpharev and will not ask for you!

No, this is not fake, take a look at the videos posted by Jcase further on in the thread.
    About a week seems like a pretty good while. Please don't mind me ssaying you sound like a complete jackass. Don't insult the Guy asking what's on everyone else's mind.

We DO appreciate the work involved. Were all anxiously awaiting the beta. Yes the guys involved in Putting this together are extreemly talented but dont come off like a ****. Thank you ...;)

If you don't want to wait, fine. Don't. We're not forcing you to use our software in any way. I'll speak my mind on what I think since you're directing this at my team.

I don't know if you appreciate the work put in by us/me, it sure did not sound like that. This has been stated numerous times, dinc2 will be supported in the next beta. When that is? When it's done. Why the delay? Because we're adding in features that take time.

We like to give solutions to the community. If you're anxious, go take it out on HTC. Not us.
    Yes, that was in fact on hboot 0.97.

We just rewrote it to 1.09.1000 (our patched hboot for inc S).

That leaves one less hboot for us to maintain. :)
    I may be disliked by some for saying this.

But would one of the moderators please close this topic? It's stupid to let this conversation keep going, when some people are being very impatient and can't wait. Bickering back and forth about when it's coming out, if it's real or not and etc is stupid. I would rather know that the root works correctly, rather than get it quickly and have my phone brick. BE PATIENT PEOPLE.

Those that are working on the root, I thank you and do realize you have a life outside of the online world AND your phone. Again, I appreciate you taking the time out of your life to get what everyone else is unable to do which is achieve a root for the phone.

Again, I think this topic should be closed.
    Amazing tricks can be done with video. If they had a way to root they would have released it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

If you want it to be released faster, then get to hacking. I expect YOU to release a rooted version by the end of today! Good luck.