WM6 - Flashing the G4

Search This thread

Hardcore898

Jun 16, 2007
Hello!

I'm very unsure how I can update my G4 CID looked.

1. Which updateway is recommendable?
2. Can I use all Prophet Roms?

greetz Ben

Hardcore898

Jun 16, 2007
Not Realy! I have read the wiki and all usefull threads 2 days before!

1. There are different updateways in different foren, threads and wikis and all are for G3. Some users, which have a G4 model write that you have to notice a few points, but the answers are not very clearly.

2. In the german XDA forum they tell me that I can use every prophet rom! BUT: In the wiki is written that the G3 and G4 devices have different hardware! So it is very illegitimate that I can use the same rom!

Please help me! In my statement you can see that I'm very careful because I don't want to brick it!

Last edited:

Hardcore898

Jun 16, 2007
Do you think that I'm lying? Maybe I'm blind or stupid!

1. I don't want that you tell me the updateway. A link to the tutorial which you use / would use will be ok!

2. I can see that you has a normal prophet rom. So I think that the answer is YES?

Last edited:

Frtzrwk

Jan 3, 2007
I've got the same problem. This forum is great, no doubt, but it's a MESS. I couldn't find a clear answer regarding flashing a CID LOCKED G4 Prophet.

Can I flash radio roms ? What about extrom ? Can I just flash Gullums Touch VII right away after flashing NVID rom from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=310452 ? Can I even flash this NVID rom to CID LOCKED G4 ?

Lots of questions and for every one I can find 20 different answers, so I'm pretty confused. Maybe someone with the patience can clarify all of that, we don't want to brick our precious Prophets. ;)

Hardcore898

Jun 16, 2007
Juhuu! A further confused man!

So let's collect our incomplete knowledge together!

I read about a tool, shelltool with it you can update a CID locked device!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=293480

I'm reading the full thread at the moment!

My rom question is still open! If I find an answer I update my device with the shelltool!

greetz Ben

Last edited:

NetrunnerAT

Mar 16, 2007
Vienna
OK i see your Problem!

You can Flash all Roms with the NVID Flashtool. You can only Flash Roms with this tool, if no IPL and SPL is included! WM6 Roms use too ways to Flash it. Read the Threads about this WM6 Roms ... you need only to start the Update.bat or simulare bat file ... possible a NVID Flashtool. Some Roms have two bat files for G3 or G4 Device. Use the right! Radio Roms use everytime the NVID Flashtool and work everytime with locked devices.

You dont need the Shelltool way ... this is more Hardcore for develope.

Hardcore898

Jun 16, 2007
Tank you very much for your answer!

In fact:

-I can flash every prophet rom which has a G4 bat?!
-I can flash every prophet Rom which has no IPL, SPL with NVID flashtool?

Last edited:

Hardcore898

Jun 16, 2007
My G4 runs WM6 now!

After again 5 hours investigation I know that you CAN'T kill your device with the prophet roms! When all people say "the device is bricked" they don't mean that nothing happens! They say "bricked" if the ppc stuck on the SPL/ISP screen or the bootloader. And both can be fixed with a RUU update like Prophet_PV_Temp or the original O2 rom!

Frtzrwk:
I upgraded to PDAVIET Touch 4.0.0.6!

You can get the link to both RARs in the thread.

First: Prophet_PV_Temp
For Up/Downgrading to Aku 2.2 (WM5)

Second: PV_4.0.0.0.6_Touch
The Real WM6 Rom

-Download and extract!
-Start "ROMUpdateUtility_NV_G4", which install Aku2.2
#wait 10 minutes, your ppc restart automatically
-After the PPC is fully started, you install first "Cert_SPCS" and then "EnableRapi" (you can find the two files in PV_4.0.0.0.6_Touch)
#wait 1 minute and restart your device
-Now you can update your Rom with "Upgrade_Rom"
#wait ~15 minutes
-Hardreset your device! IMPORTANT!!!

Welcome to your new WM6 installation!

If your device stuck at the ISP/SPL screen (loading more than ~5 minutes), go into bootloader (camera + reset) and start again with upgrading to Aku2.2

greetz Benne

Hardcore898

Jun 16, 2007
The answer was for Frtzrwk because he is confused too!

So shut the **** up...

I don't think so! Were is written in the f**k wiki that I can use ALL prophet roms!

There is olny one information about G4:
It is not possible to upgrade from a G3 model to a G4 model through software, as the DOC is a piece of Hardware.

So the hardware is not the same!

And by the way: I hate rapidshare... test the links!

And when everybody flash a trium rom or another **** rom they shouldn't buy a PPC!

I don't care!

friendly greetz Ben!

P.S. Many thanks to NetrunnerAT for the only usefull answer in this thread and to gullum for his fileservice + great rom!

Last edited: