[Q] Xperia Ion No Response

Search This thread

424aca

Feb 23, 2011
Inglewood, California
Rom: ZperiaION 4.5
Phone: Xperia Ion ATT Locked Bootloader

Problem: My phone has stopped giving any response what so ever to me.
1) My phone was working when I woke up as i turned off the Alarm and responded to a text.
2) I check 10 minutes later and my phone is not responding at all, no screen, no vibration, no response when plugged into PC and i am not able to do a force shut down by holding down the volume and power buttons for 30 seconds.

3) what worries me is that there is no LED light or any response whatsoever, nothing from any way that i know as a decently good user of this phone. Also, before the phone went down, it was at about 90% battery so im positive the battery did not drain randomly in 10 minutes.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Hmm

Put a rubber band around your power and volume button to force off and when it finaly responds

Use flashtool or sony updater service to fix your ion unless you have a unlocked bootloader then use flashtool

Any questions just ask

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

424aca

Feb 23, 2011
Inglewood, California
Alright I have placed three rubberbands around each button, I have to go to school so when i come back in about 7 hours ill see what happens. And if there is still no response then flashtool is useless. :( thank you and i am trying your method

424aca

Feb 23, 2011
Inglewood, California
Damn...You never told me about the 45 minutes part :(. The Battery I think is dead because the Red LED was blinking while i tried to charge for the last 6 hours. So I have come to the conclusion that the batter is dead because it has never taken me this long when i fixed the soft-brick before.

Thanks for trying to help :( i guess @Envious_Data

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Damn...You never told me about the 45 minutes part :(. The Battery I think is dead because the Red LED was blinking while i tried to charge for the last 6 hours. So I have come to the conclusion that the batter is dead because it has never taken me this long when i fixed the soft-brick before.

Thanks for trying to help :( i guess @Envious_Data

You can still try to flash

Or even charge maybe? And if even remove the battery from the device and charge elseware

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

HaiderAbbas

Jul 29, 2013
Dhaka
Takeout the battery and charge it with autocharger then try to flash

Sent from my Xperia P using xda app-developers app

xdcookie

Oct 15, 2013
I have the same problem

My lt28h randomly shutted down in school like the other one and when I connected it to the charger a red led blinked very short (about 1sec) and weak, after 3 sec the LED started blinking very fast and weak, also I were able to here quietly clicks everytime the led blinked.
I charged it for 24 hours already but I had no response, no vibration, no sound, no green or orange LED.
I flashed CM11 and just replaced my screen by myself and had a bug sometimes (once a day) that my sim-card didn't got detected and I had to restart.

Last edited:

jam.01

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, I'd just remove the battery and try to charge it separately and see if that helps.

xdcookie

Oct 15, 2013
OK I fixed it by myself actually it was pretty easy I just disambled it and reconnected the 'cable' for the battery.

Sent from my Xperia ion using XDA Premium 4 mobile app