Phone wants to update to 1.6 when I already have 1.6!!!

Search This thread

Xx_xBLADEx_xX

Sep 4, 2009
San Antonio
So yeah, I woke up this morning and the phone wants to go ahead and apply the update but the phone needs more charge before it will do it, so I purposefully haven't charged it for that reason until I can gather more information on this new update. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is, or does.

I have 1.6 DRC92 and its asking to update to 1.6 :confused:

Xx_xBLADEx_xX

Sep 4, 2009
San Antonio
Nobody!!! anybody!!!

My phone already has Firmware 1.6 but its telling me it has an Android Update 1.6 approx 9.6 MB in size. Its downloaded and verified, but its waiting on my input to restart and install.

frank_genius

Jan 29, 2010
So yeah, I woke up this morning and the phone wants to go ahead and apply the update but the phone needs more charge before it will do it, so I purposefully haven't charged it for that reason until I can gather more information on this new update. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is, or does.

I have 1.6 DRC92 and its asking to update to 1.6 :confused:

i couldn't update my fremware , can you tell me how to set the phone , let the magic update automatically

kcm117

Aug 21, 2009
Its a small update that updates missed call notifications, nothing major.

Xx_xBLADEx_xX

Sep 4, 2009
San Antonio
i couldn't update my fremware , can you tell me how to set the phone , let the magic update automatically

The Firmware updates when you get it OTA (Over the Air) Its all depends on your carrier due to Bandwidth restrictions and what not. So you'll just have to be patient. Until then the phone will actually tell you when an update is downloaded and ready to install.

Its a small update that updates missed call notifications, nothing major.

Thanks for the help, I would have guessed the same, but I didn't want to go through with it if it would have made it even harder to root the phone or something, but it still installed on its own somehow.

Last edited: