[APP] FrameMe - Go Ahead, Share Your Joy [Update 4-29-2011]

Search This thread

PhilD41

I originally wrote Frame me for my Hero and released it under the Hero forums. Since it should work on any phone I though I would add a thread here as well. I only have my Hero to test with so if you have something other than a Hero I would love to hear your feedback.

In short, Frame me is a 1x1 widget of a photo that enlarges to full screen when clicked. Here are a few features:

Now working with the Atrix external SDCard

• 1x1, 1x2, 2x1, 2x2 Widgets
  • full screen image when clicked
  • multiple widgets supported
  • selectable picture frames
  • Crop image when selecting
  • Full widget preview on your background
  • Click on one widget - Fling to the others
  • Click on widget and fling through images in user selected directory
  • timed rotation of widget image in directory mode
  • Reconfigure existing widgets
  • Atrix external SDCard support
  • Frameless image

My Application website is at: http://deanstudios.net/dev/frameme

More details can be found at the site above or in the Hero App thread, HERE. FrameMe is available as a free download on the Hero thread. However, If you enjoy it and wish say thanks, it is also in the market for $0.99. Below are a few screenshots give you an idea. Click one of the links above to read the details or download. Thanks for taking a look!!

FrameMe_widgets2.jpg
FrameMe_click.png

Last edited:

combatdan

Mar 16, 2009
Nicely done! I can confirm it works flawlessly on my HTC Desire!

Oh, and I noticed you are experiencing a lag on the first launch, not a problem here!

Keep up the good work 41!

1lomeno3

Nov 27, 2007
Can I use the web picture instead of local on my sdcard? If not, I would really appreciate that! ;)

PhilD41

Oh, and I noticed you are experiencing a lag on the first launch, not a problem here!
Thanks combatdan! The lag, I am sure, is due to the processor in my Hero. It isn't horrible, just more than it was with a single image (or a single widget, I keep 4 up).

awesome! thanks dev, working grate on droid1 UD 8.0.0 so far.
Thanks foxdog66! Glad you like it.

Can I use the web picture instead of local on my sdcard? If not, I would really appreciate that! ;)
I hadn't actually thought of this. I will add it to the wish list. This is my first venture into android so it takes me a little bit of time to get my head around some of the APIs. I like the idea though.

1lomeno3

Nov 27, 2007
I hadn't actually thought of this. I will add it to the wish list. This is my first venture into android so it takes me a little bit of time to get my head around some of the APIs. I like the idea though.

Thanks for considering this. My idea is that it will reload the widget picture in regural times or by clicking on it, that's all. When do you think you will be able to implement this?

PhilD41

Thanks for considering this. My idea is that it will reload the widget picture in regural times or by clicking on it, that's all. When do you think you will be able to implement this?

I am currently in a foreign country in the middle of adopting our 4th child. I don't know that I can offer a timeline for much of anything. I have so other items to work on first but I will consider. It may also depend on how many others show interest in a web option.

your site link is dead :(

Thanks orangekid. Pesky BBCode was in the wrong place. It is working now.

PhilD41

Okay everyone version 1.2.0 is out and ready to be enjoyed. There were significant layout and code changes to this one so if you find a bug PLEASE let me know. Especially you guys on hdpi devices. So, here is the short list of changes:
  • Full widget preview on your own background during the widget configuration
  • Simplified layout (easier for me to add frames)
  • Reconfigurable widgets, press menu while widget is full screen for widget settings.
  • Graphical frame selection – awwww pretty!
  • Bug fixes – pesky bugs
  • Code performance improvements

Enjoy! Links are updated on the original post.

Rookie4life

Sep 28, 2010
I love the APP!
Im not sure why but on my LG Ally the pictures dont sit inside the frame, they sit under and outside the frame a little to the bottom right corner.... like if you used a drop shadow in photoshop. not sure if that helps explain what I meen... :eek:

PhilD41

I love the APP!
Im not sure why but on my LG Ally the pictures dont sit inside the frame, they sit under and outside the frame a little to the bottom right corner.... like if you used a drop shadow in photoshop. not sure if that helps explain what I meen... :eek:

Hi Rookie4life, I know what you are talking about. That should have been solved in version 1.2.1. Actually, that was the reason I put out 1.2.1. What version do you have installed? Links in the Hero form (available in OP) should be updated for the latest version. If this is still happening with 1.2.1 then I will have to look into it some more.

Rookie4life

Sep 28, 2010
ahhh... yes i have 1.2.0
i must have missed the link for 1.2.1
I will have to look again. thank you for you quick response :eek:

PhilD41

Using this on the EVO, when I click on the "Dir Enable" then save, when I click on the picture widget I get a force close.

Hi Vegasden, do you click on the text "click here to set dir" and choose a directory or just press save after clicking the check box? Either way it shouldn't FC. I will look and see if I can determine where that happens. Let me know if you are also setting a directory path.