Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Last edited:

Relay

Feb 24, 2007
My kernel is ver 2.6.35.10-g20416a6, is it older than yours?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

scumfromohio

Aug 5, 2010
Youngstown, OH.
Learn to use fastboot or clockwork recovery before reading further. This thread will not show you how to flash. Verified working.

I don't wanna sound like a noob here, I know how to use CWR, but in reference to fastboot, thats not the fastboot that makes the phone boot faster. But fastboot used in adb for back ups right?? Not asking for a description i just went through the entire life of my dinc 1 and thought I knew everything and never heard of fastboot. Wanna make sure I understand and read up on the right thing...

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA App

xgunther

Dec 19, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Learn to use fastboot or clockwork recovery before reading further. This thread will not show you how to flash. Verified working.

I don't wanna sound like a noob here, I know how to use CWR, but in reference to fastboot, thats not the fastboot that makes the phone boot faster. But fastboot used in adb for back ups right?? Not asking for a description i just went through the entire life of my dinc 1 and thought I knew everything and never heard of fastboot. Wanna make sure I understand and read up on the right thing...

fastboot as in fastboot commands.

theycallmerayj

Aug 11, 2010
HELP!!

I tried to flash the overclocked kernel and now Im stuck in a bootloop and can't load recovery or be recognized in fastboot usb. It seems like I may have bricked my phone any suggestions. PLEASE HELP

update - I fixed it lol almost thought my dinc 2 was a brick

Last edited:

bsteenson

Aug 17, 2010
I may be in the same situation and would like to know how you solved your problem.

I rooted successfully and was running the Gingersense rom with the stock kernel. I wanted to OC a kernel so I downloaded one that I think was intended to run with MIUI. I made a backup so I figured if the kernel didn't work I could always go back.

After installing the new kernel I went into a boot loop. I pulled the battery, got into recovery and tried to restore a backup, but now I freeze on the HTC screen. I've tried three different backups and none of them work -- all freeze on the HTC screen.

I am becoming desperate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

k_nivesout

Mar 27, 2011
Have you tried wiping everything (including /system under "mounts and storage") before restoring the backup? Or tried flashing a different rom? Probably happened because the kernels for AOSP roms and sense roms aren't interchangeable. I would think that restoring a backup would rewrite the boot partition though, which should fix it..

bsteenson

Aug 17, 2010
I wiped everything (did data wipe/factory resets as well as wiping everything individually, several times) and could never get any of my backups to work.

I finally copied CM7.1 beta onto the SD card and flashed that (after first having to scrounge to find a card reader and computer that would read an SDHC card) and that worked.

I tried restoring one of my previous backups over CM7.1 (with and without wiping) and went back to freezing on the HTC screen again on each one of them. Don't understand that, since everything was working fine when those backups were made.

Anyway, now I'm using CM7.1 and have a working phone again.

Maglin

Jul 8, 2011
Ihave the same issues with backup not restoring and getting the white screen. Might need a new SD card.

dgm_mixtoon

Dec 23, 2014
Santo Domingo
Motorola Edge+ (2022)

Top Liked Posts