NoDo>Mango. what apps work (reg, file access, etc)?

Search This thread

DavidinCT

Jun 2, 2006
Someplace in CT
Hey all,

Got a Dev-unlocked phone running mango, seeing the limits (3 apps, no file or registry access), I was going to roll back, find a list of apps that work, then upgrade again (mango is just awsome otherwise the new limits).

I have a CDMA phone, so some hacks don't really work as well.

So, what apps work in mango, that help access the registry, file system, extending the deployment limits, etc ? What is the process to correctly install them ?

Is there some app I should have to make sure these work and stay working with mango ?

I heard TouchXplorer works but, others to not. Does anyone know if Windows Phone Device Manager works (this seems to do almost everything here) ?

Thanks for any help here.

I see this question asked in a lot of threads but, no clear list, so I think this is needed here. Tool apps that you install in NoDo that will still work in mango...

Thanks !!

Last edited:

noelito

Mar 26, 2009
Screen capture doesn't work sad face

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

loomx

Apr 7, 2005
On my HD7, Reg editor, advance config, touch explorer, navigon and a few others dont seem to work anymore.

longshanks

Apr 12, 2005
LG E900 Running Mango Beta

None of the LG Apps work - can't access the LG App store or the LG Network setup app.

IVIadness

Nov 30, 2010
SamsungRegistry and Samsung tools stills works and so does chevron ring tone maker just not sure if it will accept new tones but my zelda one still works :) Also with the samsungregistry app it seems I can view and change without issues i just have to know the path first no browsing at all.

IVIadness

Nov 30, 2010
Added the xap to this post for anyone wanting to try it..

Attachments

• SamsungRegistry.xap
    26 KB · Views: 85

killerkhatiby009

Apr 14, 2006
Is there any way to remove the sideload limit on an HTC CDMA Phone in mango? I have an official developer account and can unlock both mango and nodo

bigboy38

Jul 20, 2007
lake charles louisiana
I have tried all above that were mention in this thread and none work for me on my htc hd7s from att ,but just having mango on my phone it run very good i really like the messages all-in-one part.

Os ver.7661.wp7_5_trial
(mojobid).20110607-1657
frimwar.ver.2250.09.15402.531
hardwar.ver.0002
radiosoftwar.ver.5.66.09.09a_46.50.21u
radiohardwar.ver.a.24.0.d4
bootloader.ver.3.3.2250.0(120323)
chip soc.ver.2.2.5.0

MrNetrix

Jan 11, 2010
Montreal
SamsungRegistry and Samsung tools stills works and so does chevron ring tone maker just not sure if it will accept new tones but my zelda one still works :) Also with the samsungregistry app it seems I can view and change without issues i just have to know the path first no browsing at all.
Are you able to deploy those apps while using Mango? I hear people are getting an error when trying to deploy apps that use interop. Both of those apps do, yet I can deploy them in Mango just fine, as well as any other interop apps.

Last edited:

tanders04

Jul 11, 2010
The most random one I got to work on my Focus is the flashlight app that uses the flash. Pretty handy so I'm glad I didn't lose it...

Now if we can only figure out a way to get accent changer to work again I'll be happy as pizza.

Rcf686

Feb 23, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Did you have to do anything special to get it to work? I restored back to NODO on my developer unlocked Focus and installed it then upgraded to Mango and it does the same thing as all the other apps with interop problems. I used the samsung registry app that you posted today.