[APP][2.0+] Statusbar enabler in full screen app - Smart Statusbar

Search This thread

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
This app is developed by the same Dev who makes the popular Android Apps Button Savior, Smart Taskbar, and Everywhere Clipboard.

Smart Statusbar is the first and only statusbar enabler for full screen apps on android devices. No more lose track of time or important info on statusbar when you are reading, playing, or watching movie.

To enable statusbar, just do a simple top down swipe from top of screen. By default, statusbar will shows 5 seconds. You can also adjust the timeout to your preference in settings.

Please note. This app doesn't work on Honeycomb and ICS based Tablets. They are very different from phone version of Android. So no statusbar hidden problem on those tablets. So do not download if you want to use it on ICS or HC tablets.

NO ROOT REQUIRED!

FEATURES
☆ Reveal statusbar in full screen apps
☆ Gesture activation
☆ Works on 2.0 and up
☆ Adjustable statusbar enabling duration
☆ Vibration hint

Video Review
By XDA member: J-Roc

DOWNLOAD
(1) You can download directly from Google Playstore. [here]
(2) Or download the attachment in this thread below.

SCREENS

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 6,695
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 7,085
Last edited:

fanfan-liu

Aug 27, 2010
jerryfan2000 thanks for bring another amazing tool for us. This app is simply amazing. wow!
By the way, is it possible to disable statusbar by gesture instead of timeout?

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
wow! really, really great app! I'm going to do a review on this for my YouTube channel. My viewers are going to LOVE this!

Great job! awesome settings, easy to use and understand. Great beginning tutorial!

Very very well done simple app.

cheers

Prockkaii

Dec 15, 2007
Hello,

Is that possible to add a mod in order to make all the applications in full screen ?

IvanNCase

Mar 20, 2009
Great app, I've got a handfull of requests/observations but please don't think I'm complaning at all, the app does exactly what it's supposed to, I've just got a lot of idea's. I second Prockkaii's post about making all apps full screen, I would love to see that added to this. I know in CM7 there's you can make holding menu hide the statusbar but you have to do that for every app and I don't believe it sticks after a reboot. Also a bottom statusbar option would be nice and just so you know when I tried using the bottom statusbar in cyanogen I couldn't bring the statusbar up with the top gesture either. It would also be nice to be pulling the shade down from the gesture instead of swiping once to bring up the statusbar and then a second time to slide down the shade. It would also be nice if the bar would pop up automaticaly on a notification.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
In reply the request from IvanNCase and Prockkaii. I indeed had plan to add this feature but i am still trying. It is not easy. So maybe will never make it at all. But I will try my best to introduce this feature.

Reactions: IvanNCase

jark99

Sep 17, 2010
Request: try to make it use less Ram if you can

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Prockkaii

Dec 15, 2007
In reply the request from IvanNCase and Prockkaii. I indeed had plan to add this feature but i am still trying. It is not easy. So maybe will never make it at all. But I will try my best to introduce this feature.

Thanks for the feedback.

In fact, my fear is that I'd used my Galaxy s2 for about 6 months, and during this period I'd never activate the rotation and all my applications are showing the status bar.
And now on a white screen, I see that there is a mark of the status bar. On right side, I can even see the mark of the battery.

So that's why I would like to have this feature and not remove the status bar.

But again thanks for you apps.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Thanks for the feedback.

In fact, my fear is that I'd used my Galaxy s2 for about 6 months, and during this period I'd never activate the rotation and all my applications are showing the status bar.
And now on a white screen, I see that there is a mark of the status bar. On right side, I can even see the mark of the battery.

So that's why I would like to have this feature and not remove the status bar.

But again thanks for you apps.

I noticed that during the development phase too and I don't understand why SB is slightly visible. I will investigate this issue continously.

Prockkaii

Dec 15, 2007
I noticed that during the development phase too and I don't understand why SB is slightly visible. I will investigate this issue continously.

I think you have a screen issue like me.
I'm currently using the pixel fixer in order to fix that. I'm running it for about 2 or 3h per day, let's see what happens in 2 weeks.

Rybean

Feb 1, 2012
Awesome!

Working like a charm so far! HTC Inspire 4G, LordClockan ICS 4.0.3. Keep up the good work! Exactly what I was looking for.

aly19

Apr 25, 2011
tried this out on my Galaxy Nexus and it worked perfectly as described. However, there is some lag that it particularly noticeable when scrolling through home screens and the app drawer. Once this lag is fixed/eliminated then this app will be perfect!

3l3ctr0

Aug 17, 2011
great feature, but there seems to be small lag between swiping and popping up..maybe you can find a way to remove this lag..but i really like it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is developed by the same Dev who makes the popular Android Apps Button Savior, Smart Taskbar, and Everywhere Clipboard.

Smart Statusbar is the first and only statusbar enabler for full screen apps on android devices. No more lose track of time or important info on statusbar when you are reading, playing, or watching movie.

To enable statusbar, just do a simple top down swipe from top of screen. By default, statusbar will shows 5 seconds. You can also adjust the timeout to your preference in settings.

Please note. This app doesn't work on Honeycomb and ICS based Tablets. They are very different from phone version of Android. So no statusbar hidden problem on those tablets. So do not download if you want to use it on ICS or HC tablets.

NO ROOT REQUIRED!

FEATURES
    ☆ Reveal statusbar in full screen apps
    ☆ Gesture activation
    ☆ Works on 2.0 and up
    ☆ Adjustable statusbar enabling duration
    ☆ Vibration hint

Video Review
    By XDA member: J-Roc

DOWNLOAD
    (1) You can download directly from Google Playstore. [here]
    (2) Or download the attachment in this thread below.

SCREENS
    i have used in on DPI 190, 200 and 210. Have not gone done to 160 or anything like hta.

I will also fix density mod problem in next version too.
    i installed the market version start the app did a logcat tried to access the statusbar but still no avail

link to logcat:- http://db.tt/h8jbFpJ8 (not sure if this is only the logcat of statusbar
    I went through previous posts regarding feature requests today. Generally, there are 4 items that were actually part of my plan during development. But unfortunately they are impossible to do for now due to limitation in API.

(1) Swipe up to close statusbar - It is not possible because there is no API to monitor statusbar visibility. I am more than happy to add this one if future OS has API to do it.

(2) Ability to force statusbar invisible - Again. It is API limitation. I wanted to do it more than anyone else.

(3) Home screen lag on GNex - It is graphics driver issue in ICS. The problem is gone if upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2

(4) Can't pull down statusbar detail in some Apps - Some apps uses different way to draw oepnGL surface which prevents statusbar from fully extended. I am not sure why too. I spent some time to study this before but due to my limited knowledge in openGL programming, so I don't have a good solution yet.