Error building CM11

Search This thread

Keithn

Feb 24, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
To anyone who has been successfully building, I cant figure out this error. I tried syncing with TheMuppets repo and using the extract files on my phone, but I keep getting this error
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/htc/m8/proprietary/vendor/lib/libtime_genoff.so', needed by `/home/keithn/cm11/out/target/product/m8/obj/lib/libtime_genoff.so'.  Stop.

Any assistance would be apreciated.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Looks to me like you haven't set up your environment properly.

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Did you get it fixed.

So I am attempting to build Bean Stalk for the M8 and I am getting the same build error.

I am using Builduntu latest release, should be setup to build out of the box.
http://soupdawg.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/builduntu-install-disc-android-development-os/

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/pimpmaneaton/BS/out/target/product/m8/obj/lib/libtime_genoff.so', needed by `/home/pimpmaneaton/BS/out/target/product/m8/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libandroid_runtime_intermediates/LINKED/libandroid_runtime.so'.  Stop.

I am getting the same error and have the OS updated and also gone through many of the guides that show how to set up a Ubuntu 14.04 machine up to build.

Hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Got it figured out.........I forgot to sync vendor/htc.

Last edited: