|MODEM| t889v

Search This thread

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
okay, thank you for reply. I have another question though, is there a way i can just extract the modem from my phone (unrooted stock)? And use it to flash it compounded with your MW rom? Just to be one the safe side.

Believe you can back uo your midem in twrp. Head iver to twrp theead and see wgat you can find

》Jedi ROMs 《

MCRHAZ

Nov 2, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Believe you can back uo your midem in twrp. Head iver to twrp theead and see wgat you can find

》Jedi ROMs 《
okay will do, thanks for your replies, but do you think, what I'm thinking about doing is a fail-proof method as far as having any modem related issues? Well as fail-proof as it could be granted that I'm no idiot and mess up on the installation side of things, lol.

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
Last edited:

Byangmang

Oct 20, 2012
Toronto
Is there any difference between this modem and the Tmobile ones in terms of usability? My friend is using a Tmo T999 S3 stock on the same network as me (wind) and we get the same speeds and signal.

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
Is there any difference between this modem and the Tmobile ones in terms of usability? My friend is using a Tmo T999 S3 stock on the same network as me (wind) and we get the same speeds and signal.

I have run multiple data tests and wifi test with speedtest.net with stock modem then with the t889v modem there isn't a significant difference. But when connecting to data in the basement with stock I was getting 4-6 Mbps where as with t889v modem in the basement I was getting 6 constantly.. also when connecting to WiFi.. signal would be a little bit more in tune with the phone.. I also had very little away time in the basement if not any at all.. but with stock every 20 mins I was sending texts that were costing me money because I was on wind away.. have the PDF bills to prove it.. lol

verifiedsub

Mar 3, 2012
Cambridge
Give me a few and ill provide link till op is updated.. ptmr is just chillaxin for the moment he will be back to cooking in the next few days..

**EDIT** here u go bro.. till ptmr3 updates op.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sus8dkjs4aae26l

Sent from my T889v Note2 On 》Jedi X《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!

Link is here for t889v modem.. ^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium HD app

well why isnt it in its own space instead of here

Only reason you would get boot loops is because you flashed this modem on a tmobile device. Model Number T889. This modem is only meant for t889v variant model.. This will not cause a boot loop on that t889v.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using XDA Premium HD app
im am however curious why is it here if i may ask and is it wind ?:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Canadian T889V

Many people have mentioned bad reception/ service/ speed while using some of the tmobile ROMs on the board. This will fix that.

ONLY FLASH THIS TO INCREASE SPEED IN THE 888V. IF YOU ARE ON TMOBILE STAY AWAY FROM THAT LINK
    Download

Thank You verifiedsub for testing, verifying the fix and the mirror
    Added to the OP. If you dont have tge 889V, dont flash the 889V modem
    Link in OP no longer works... any mirror?

Give me a few and ill provide link till op is updated.. ptmr is just chillaxin for the moment he will be back to cooking in the next few days..

**EDIT** here u go bro.. till ptmr3 updates op.

Sent from my T889v Note2 On 》Jedi X《 using Xda Premium HD! thanks to the amazing work of Ptmr3!!!
    Help used this on tmo usa getting boot loop help

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium
    I've got a windmobile T889V note 2.
    I am now on virgin mobile which offers LTE.
    I know the tmobile modem offers LTE now.
    I am also aware that it can corrupt IMEI and put me in a boot loop if I flash a tmobile modem.

But, is it 100% that it will do this, or just a chance?
    If it does, can I flash the modem back? Or do something to recover?

And if it will do this error 100%, what can I do, short of buying an at&t model, to enable LTE on this Windmobile T889V note 2?

thank you.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY MODEMS ON A WIND MOBILE PHONE. PERIOD.. IF YOU DO YOU WILL CURRUPT IMEI 100%.there is no fix for us with wind phones I had to send mine to the states to Jtag repairs for it to get fixed.. I tried everything to fix the imei.. but none of the solutions that work for other models of the phone would work for out t889v models.. please do not install any modems on your phone or your phone will be an expensive paperweight. .

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2