Dark room, black screen issue.

Search This thread

mushmouth

Jan 9, 2014
I'm having this issue w my 3 week old One. Besides the purple red hue, I now have an issue where if I'm in a dark room such as my bedroom either at night, or in morn if I press power button the home and back buttons light, but screen stays black. I can hit button 10x and screen may flash for split second but won't turn on. If I turn room light on everything works fine.also if I disable auto brightness it also seems to work.
I am within my return window since I got it during holidays but build wise the phone is ok, and I've heard of others having camera, speaker, sensor issues w return phones. The phone was built in aug, I bought it from vz store. Should I try to exchange, or would it just be better to send to HTC for repairs?.
Ant suggestions to fix sensor?, I can wait for camera fix but I do use phone in dark.

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
I'm having this issue w my 3 week old One. Besides the purple red hue, I now have an issue where if I'm in a dark room such as my bedroom either at night, or in morn if I press power button the home and back buttons light, but screen stays black. I can hit button 10x and screen may flash for split second but won't turn on. If I turn room light on everything works fine.also if I disable auto brightness it also seems to work.
I am within my return window since I got it during holidays but build wise the phone is ok, and I've heard of others having camera, speaker, sensor issues w return phones. The phone was built in aug, I bought it from vz store. Should I try to exchange, or would it just be better to send to HTC for repairs?.
Ant suggestions to fix sensor?, I can wait for camera fix but I do use phone in dark.

send them a mail, phone them and they'll tell you what to do. I'd recommand to phone the shop where you bought it. If you didn't root it you shouldn't have any issues. Otherwise let it escalate and phone HTC.