[Q] S-Off with Firewater! Recovery with TWRP! Now what...?

Search This thread

Youngtusk

Apr 1, 2014
Hey fine folks,

Got my Verizon M7 unlocked and installed TWRP. My question is what do I do now?

My old handset ran CM11 which I absolutely loved. But I read on some forums that using CM will eliminate the HTC one features like Beats Audio and the HTC camera. What are your experiences with this? Is Beats Audio and the Camera software worth using a HTC Sense based ROM? If so, what ROM offers there features and cuts out all the other Verizon bloat ware?

Or are these features simply functions of software? Can I use the superior HTC hardware with equally powerful software like an Equalizer or my Camera ZOOM FX app?

I definitely want to capitalize on what makes the HTC One special but I also want my CM. Can I have both? If not, what can I do to get as close as possible to a slimmed down HTC Sense?

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Hey fine folks,

My old handset ran CM11 which I absolutely loved. But I read on some forums that using CM will eliminate the HTC one features like Beats Audio and the HTC camera. What are your experiences with this? Is Beats Audio and the Camera software worth using a HTC Sense based ROM? If so, what ROM offers there features and cuts out all the other Verizon bloat ware?

Or are these features simply functions of software? Can I use the superior HTC hardware with equally powerful software like an Equalizer or my Camera ZOOM FX app?

I definitely want to capitalize on what makes the HTC One special but I also want my CM. Can I have both? If not, what can I do to get as close as possible to a slimmed down HTC Sense?

You could try all of them! A sense Rom, cm11, or a gpe Rom. @santod040 makes an unsense Rom which is a hybrid gpe and sense.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

Reactions: Youngtusk

Youngtusk

Apr 1, 2014
You could try all of them! A sense Rom, cm11, or a gpe Rom. @santod040 makes an unsense Rom which is a hybrid gpe and sense.

Oh that sounds awesome. I ended up flashing CM11 and bought a nice theme for it. I'll create a backup and look into this.

Just gonna leave the forum for santod040's rom here for reference and so I know where to find it when I get home.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505541

Thanks for the advice. What ROM are you currently using?

brymaster5000

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
New Hampshire
Reactions: Youngtusk

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
Why are you opposed to using a Sense rom? Sense 6 is very lean and gets out of its own way very well with great battery life, so you might be missing out on more than you think. Hawknest just released an update for Ecliptic that's inverted, so if you need a dark theme then there ya go. No one can really tell you what's best, you just need to do what Youngtusk suggested and try them all for yourself.

Youngtusk

Apr 1, 2014
I just finished installing NuSense, I'll let ya know how I like it after a few days.

Thanks for the input and if there are other ROMs to try let me know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey fine folks,

Oh that sounds awesome. I ended up flashing CM11 and bought a nice theme for it. I'll create a backup and look into this.

Just gonna leave the forum for santod040's rom here for reference and so I know where to find it when I get home.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2505541

Thanks for the advice. What ROM are you currently using?

It's in my signature ;)