TF701 any negatives

Search This thread

badwiring

Dec 16, 2013
I've had some occasionally odd screen behavior. I had to send it back for repair because the phantom touches made it unusable.
Now once in a while an area near the edge might not respond. It's usually very minor.
Despite that I am very happy with it. There's more development going on so there are now four kitkat roms that I know of.
It's very fast. Apps, home screens (Nova) and menus don't hesitate. I'm coming from an Xperia tablet Z. We also have a nexus 7 and an lg g pad 8.3. All are good. I like this one best.
I also like the proprietary charging port. It's sturdier. On my Z the plug would get the slightest pressure and start to bend or fall out.

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
I can see room for improvement in the software.
i mean for all devices anyway,
but improvements are coming every day from open source.
So we will see what exciting things are yet to come.

Devolution1x

Dec 3, 2010
I had occasional issues such having to restart the tablet to have it download from the play store and the occasional lock up due to too many apps. Most of these issues were solved by sbdags and not by ASUS with CROMi-X. Depressed me I had to unlock my bootloader to get maximum functionality but it is what it is. I still love my tablet.

Reactions: sbdags

royredman

Jun 30, 2011
I'm in fairly the same situation as the OP right now. So, aside from the docking being loose (which can be fixed with a simple mod), most of the issues are software related and could be all cleared through a custom ROM?

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had occasional issues such having to restart the tablet to have it download from the play store and the occasional lock up due to too many apps. Most of these issues were solved by sbdags and not by ASUS with CROMi-X. Depressed me I had to unlock my bootloader to get maximum functionality but it is what it is. I still love my tablet.