[Q] Possible to port PA over? I'd love to try!

Search This thread

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
Hey guys, I have no experience in porting ROMs so bear with me here. Firstly, would it be possible for me to port PA from the Nexus 5 over to the Xperia Z2? I am running stock at the moment (rooted/LB but will be open to unlocking) on the Z2. If so, should I just follow this guide? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1908008 . If it is not possible, could someone please briefly explain in layman terms as to why it isn't? If it isn't possible it was worth a shot asking anyway! :)

I don't have the patience to wait for a port sometime in the summer when Sony finally decides to release the phone in America and if I can make a contribution by porting over an awesome ROM and learning something then that would be great! I'm not looking to change PA or add features etc. Just a port built directly from their source.

Thanks in advance for any help! :highfive:

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
I heard that someone is waiting for stable releases of official CM11 to port

I also heard that we may posibly get official as soon as CM11 becomes stable

Id say wait a tiny bit

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
I heard that someone is waiting for stable releases of official CM11 to port

I also heard that we may posibly get official as soon as CM11 becomes stable

Id say wait a tiny bit

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for replying! :) After I posted this thread, I looked at some of the CM threads and they all have camera/touchscreen problems so you're probably right, I'll wait it out a little while longer. Although that itch to flash the new PA release is becoming unbearable! :p

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Thanks for replying! :) After I posted this thread, I looked at some of the CM threads and they all have camera/touchscreen problems so you're probably right, I'll wait it out a little while longer. Although that itch to flash the new PA release is becoming unbearable! :p

well i recomend trying out a couple of CM nightlys just to get a feel of how CM based Roms will be

im enjoying it as im on CM right now purely because im having issues with the stock rom

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Devzz

Devzz

Oct 13, 2012
well i recomend trying out a couple of CM nightlys just to get a feel of how CM based Roms will be

im enjoying it as im on CM right now purely because im having issues with the stock rom

I may actually try to just do a PA port with one of the CM11 nightlies for personal use to see if I can even do it for a start :fingers-crossed: if things work out and there isn't a port when CM is a little more stable, I will see if I can port it over. It'll be the first time I'll be doing anything like this and I'd love to contribute to the Z2 in some way so it'll be great practice for me! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.