[Q] New to posting, not new to the forum

Search This thread

skizzyp

Aug 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been frequenting XDA for quite a while. Hugely into android and custom roms and things of the sort, but have never had a real reason to post. I have either been lucky enough to be able to find what I need by searching, or figured it out myself. This time however, I am pretty stumped.

I did a fair amount of research before starting this, and am now seeing that I did not do quite enough. If I am in the wrong place please direct me to a better one.

Here is my issue:

I have an LG g2 that I recently picked up used. Phone has never been rooted or worked on...until now. Decided I would spend my weekend working on it. Successfully rooted, and installed TWRP. Decided to flash a rom, downloaded my rom as I have always done, put it on the sdcard, made a couple of nandroids, and flashed it. Everything seemed ok, booted back up, got the correct boot animation, but it bootlooped. No big deal Im thinking, go back into recovery and wipe a couple times. Still wont boot. Go back in and restore my nandroids, and they wont boot either.

So now I am worried. Try it a coulple more times, and somehow get it to reboot to the setup screen. Wont go past there. Do the trick to avoid it and cant get it to activate. Double check everything, power off, wipe, power back on and now it wont even load to there. I tried sideloading a different rom as well as what seems to be the stock software and nothing. Im lost, I need help. Any advice?

skizzyp

Aug 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been frequenting XDA for quite a while. Hugely into android and custom roms and things of the sort, but have never had a real reason to post. I have either been lucky enough to be able to find what I need by searching, or figured it out myself. This time however, I am pretty stumped.

I did a fair amount of research before starting this, and am now seeing that I did not do quite enough. If I am in the wrong place please direct me to a better one.

Here is my issue:

I have an LG g2 that I recently picked up used. Phone has never been rooted or worked on...until now. Decided I would spend my weekend working on it. Successfully rooted, and installed TWRP. Decided to flash a rom, downloaded my rom as I have always done, put it on the sdcard, made a couple of nandroids, and flashed it. Everything seemed ok, booted back up, got the correct boot animation, but it bootlooped. No big deal Im thinking, go back into recovery and wipe a couple times. Still wont boot. Go back in and restore my nandroids, and they wont boot either.

So now I am worried. Try it a coulple more times, and somehow get it to reboot to the setup screen. Wont go past there. Do the trick to avoid it and cant get it to activate. Double check everything, power off, wipe, power back on and now it wont even load to there. I tried sideloading a different rom as well as what seems to be the stock software and nothing. Im lost, I need help. Any advice?

would really like someone to chime in...running linux.