[Q] Convert N900T to N9005

Search This thread

sasadara

Jan 2, 2012
Can I convert my N900T into a complete N9005..??
ROM, Kernel, Baseband (except imei :p)

will it support.. As I heard early there are N9005 roms that can be used on N900T. But need N900T kernel and some fix.. Without them is there any way?? Like Download stock N9005 and JUST install the rom using ODIN.. I never tried before.. And I don't want to brick my devise :D

Is there any one who tried it already???

re: N9005 on N900T Tmobile phone

will it support.. As I heard early there are N9005 roms that can be used on N900T. But need N900T kernel and some fix.. Without them is there any way?? Like Download stock N9005 and JUST install the rom using ODIN.. I never tried before.. And I don't want to brick my devise :D

There is no problem or issue in flashing a twrp/cwm flashable N9005 custom or stock rom.

Be sure to do a clean and full wipe before flashing the twrp/cwm compatible zip file rom.

After you flash the N9005 custom/stock zip file rom you will need to download and flash
the "wifi-nfc-bluetooth" fix file using twrp/cwm recovery to flash.

Here is the direct download link for the fix zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45687485/Needed_Files_BT_WIFI_NFC_Flashable.zip

After the fix file is flashed you will be good to go.

The only thing you will find missing is Tmobile's "wifi calling" feature.
Everything else will/should work fine without issues.

Note: Do NOT try Odin flashing the official stock N9005 firmware!!!!!
Note: Do NOT Odin flash any N9005 modem/baseband or bootloaders.

The Tmobile baseband/modem and bootloader will work fine with N9005
twrp/cwm flashable zip file roms.

Good luck!

Last edited:

sasadara

Jan 2, 2012
There is no problem or issue in flashing a twrp/cwm flashable N9005 custom or stock rom.

Be sure to do a clean and full wipe before flashing the twrp/cwm compatible zip file rom.

After you flash the N9005 custom/stock zip file rom you will need to download and flash

Here is the direct download link for the fix zip file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45687485/Needed_Files_BT_WIFI_NFC_Flashable.zip

Good luck!

Thank you,

Well I actually I need this conversion because I need 3G video calling menu instead of wifi calling or voice mail button on dialer.
Because Im in a different country which can use 3G video Call (support by network)

And in this country 4G LTE only work with Band 3 (1800Mhz) supported handsets instead of North American Band 2 (1700Mhz) handsets

Here, this country its support 3G video calling and 4G LTE on N9005 (this has Band 3 support).. But not with my N900T (no band 3 support band 2, 4, 17 only)..
Thats why Im asking this (convert N900T into N9005) because these two phone have same hardware instead of different software.

And could you tell what are the reasons that Baseband/modem of N9005 not to install on N900T??
will it causes to bootloop or signal issue or something else?

Last edited:
re: baseband

Thank you,

Well I actually I need this conversion because I need 3G video calling menu instead of wifi calling or voice mail button on dialer.
Because Im in a different country which can use 3G video Call (support by network)

And in this country 4G LTE only work with Band 3 (1800Mhz) supported handsets instead of North American Band 2 (1700Mhz) handsets

Here, this country its support 3G video calling and 4G LTE on N9005 (this has Band 3 support).. But not with my N900T (no band 3 support band 2, 4, 17 only)..
Thats why Im asking this (convert N900T into N9005) because these two phone have same hardware instead of different software.

And could you tell what are the reasons that Baseband/modem of N9005 not to install on N900T??
will it causes to bootloop or signal issue or something else?

The reason NOT to install baseband/modem is because every region uses
a different baseband. If you are able to make and receive calls and messages
properly right now then it means that your N9005 baseband is the proper one.

I am not sure about bootlooping with the wrong baseband but I would be that
you would not have any signal if you were to odin flash a Tmobile N900T
baseband version.

If you change to a Tmobile N900T baseband then most likely you will
not be able to make and receive calls and texting will not send/receive
messages and any other region specific application in your country will
not work properly .

The good news is that none of the twrp/cwm flashable zip file roms
contain any basebands/modems which means that most any N9005
twrp/cwm flashable rom should work fine after flashing it to a Tmobile
N900T phone. (after flashing the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix zip file.)

So in other words regardless of which twrp/cwm flashable zip file rom
you flash it will never change your existing baseband/modem.

Good luck!

Last edited:

sasadara

Jan 2, 2012

baseband version.

not work properly .

Good luck!

Thanks so I will try with different baseband that uses in N9005 on my N900T.. And check whether I will get LTE signals.. Hope it will work..

Anonymously_Unknown

Feb 9, 2012
Kingston

baseband version.

not work properly .

Good luck!

You didn't exactly answer the question. You spoke about using ODIN to add the N900T bootloader and modem to the N9005 (I don't know why anyone would want to do that for any reason that gaining WiFi calling). The original poster need this to be done the other way around by placing the N9005 bootloader and modem on the N900T. I'm in the same boat as the original poster, where I have a N900T, but T-Mobile isn't my carrier and I want to get the full N9005 modem and bootloader so that I can flash fully stock international ROMs. I'm not interested in flashable zips as they rob me of having the full experience. So far, I've flashed the N9005 SYSTEM partition onto my N900T using mobile ODIN and used the WiFi/BT fix, but I still feel that the phone can be fully converted.

I attempted to force a complete update using the desktop version of ODIN, and it produced an error when flashing "aboot", letting me know that it wouldn't simply ignore the mis-matched bootloaders.

sasadara

Jan 2, 2012
You didn't exactly answer the question. You spoke about using ODIN to add the N900T bootloader and modem to the N9005 (I don't know why anyone would want to do that for any reason that gaining WiFi calling). The original poster need this to be done the other way around by placing the N9005 bootloader and modem on the N900T. I'm in the same boat as the original poster, where I have a N900T, but T-Mobile isn't my carrier and I want to get the full N9005 modem and bootloader so that I can flash fully stock international ROMs. I'm not interested in flashable zips as they rob me of having the full experience. So far, I've flashed the N9005 SYSTEM partition onto my N900T using mobile ODIN and used the WiFi/BT fix, but I still feel that the phone can be fully converted.

I attempted to force a complete update using the desktop version of ODIN, and it produced an error when flashing "aboot", letting me know that it wouldn't simply ignore the mis-matched bootloaders.

yes that is correct!

Megaflop666

May 17, 2014
Insanity
I don't know how i stumbled onto this thread and i know it's been A while since anyone posted but you cannot flash n9005 base onto the n900t. You can however flash something like bobcat rom which will give you the video calling features as well as the other bells and whistles of an international rom. I have been running n9005 Roms for a while because they actually make my daily phone run a lot better.

Megaflop666

May 17, 2014
Insanity
What I want to know is if it is the MODEM and Bootloader that is different between the two?

I would have to guess yes, they start with the same Samsung base and then put in their modem, bootloader, all the way up to their bloatware. O would guess at the heart of the matter of you wiped the phone completely and started over that you could put the n9005 firmware on. (I'm not a dev though, but i try to learn when i have time)

Sylar16

Nov 5, 2014
Hi guys. I have a problem like that. I have SM-N9005 Note 3. I wanna put N9005 stock rom it but Odin shows me error (aboot fail) . My phone 's baseband version is n900t but model version is n9005. So i dont put n9005 stock rom. The reason is baseband version ?

arjusmoon

Oct 30, 2014
From where I will get Cwm/twrp flashable n9005 ROM

Hello, I am using a N900T model and u want to convert it to N9005.. I read all those quires in this and I don't know from where I'll get that custom recovery flashable ROM.. Please provide me the link of that.. I tried flashing N9005 stock ROM using Odin.. But it failed..
Please help..

Thank you..

Anonymously_Unknown

Feb 9, 2012
Kingston
If you just want a debloated KitKat Touchwiz interface, then you would stick with your stock N900T ROM and use mobile ODIN or desktop ODIN to flash only the N9005 system partition.

Reactions: arjusmoon

arjusmoon

Oct 30, 2014
how to get N9005 system partition.

From where I will get system partition of N9005.. Or how will I extract only the system file from the official N9005 stock ROM.. ?? Please help..

Anonymously_Unknown

Feb 9, 2012
Kingston
From where I will get system partition of N9005.. Or how will I extract only the system file from the official N9005 stock ROM.. ?? Please help..

This is easily done by downloading it from: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and copy it to your external card

You would then download and install Mobile ODIN from the Google Play store. Using this, you would select only the SYSTEM partition after selecting the file from the external card.

It makes sense to wait for the official T-Mobile lollipop ROM that's been released and debloat it once rooted.
I'll be doing this shortly when I download it.

yurais

Feb 10, 2008
so, the main topic

is not possible to write only n9005 modem to the n900t?

I have cyanogenmod 12.1 and this converted my phone into a n9005

the wifi works until phone lose the signal, when signal is back, wifi stop working and seeing any wifi spot

I read something about a WIFI NFC fix, but am not sure if this would be necessary on the cm 12.1, but I will give it a try.

I noticed this tmobile phone modem, wont work very stable on 2gonly networks like here in my country (CUba), i was planning to write the n9005 modem only to the n900t and see if phone would become more stable, but after reading this thread, I think I will not succed.

what would happen if I write n9005 QCN file?

pjuklas2

Mar 14, 2015
Odense
Well topic was dead for some time now. I hope someone can bring some clarity. I got N900T, but would like to convert to 9005.
Can someone explain steps that I should take to do that. Is N900T has same hardware as 9005? Does that mean that LTE bands are locked by software?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: N9005 on N900T Tmobile phone

Good luck!
    If you just want a debloated KitKat Touchwiz interface, then you would stick with your stock N900T ROM and use mobile ODIN or desktop ODIN to flash only the N9005 system partition.