Write protection:enable in download mode

Search This thread
I tripped my knox warranty 2 months ago and never regretted it. I installed custom kernel, recovery and rom. Recently I got curious and went to download mode and I noticed there was a line at the bottom that said "write protection:enable" this was not there before I tripped knox warranty. Can anybody explain what this mean? I have n9005, twrp, faux kernel on alliance rom. Tia.

Dahdoul

Sep 7, 2013
I tripped my knox warranty 2 months ago and never regretted it. I installed custom kernel, recovery and rom. Recently I got curious and went to download mode and I noticed there was a line at the bottom that said "write protection:enable" this was not there before I tripped knox warranty. Can anybody explain what this mean? I have n9005, twrp, faux kernel on alliance rom. Tia.

Nothing to worry about its been there since I bought my phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

shotgun1976

Sep 17, 2013

mate I have my secong n9005. my first one rooted it, tripped knox warrenty, ran 4.4 jelly bean and phiz cwm recovery. after few weeks I could not delete any nandroid backup off my internal drive, which I copy to pc then delete it kept saying these files are write protected. don't worry how I done it but under warrenty got a new phone. I have the mj7 locked bootloader and am waiting till they find a way to root without tripping knox. but my new phone and old phone when I first got it had write protection enabled. I just got off the phone to Samsung tec support and played stupid and said on my note 2 it never had this. what does it mean. they went around in circles with me for a bit but I finally got it out of them its got something to do with rooting and custom roms, I believe it detects it after a while and locks your internal memory. not sure. I just started to research it now online and wont rest till I figure it out exactly. I just started with xda. see what happens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nothing to worry about its been there since I bought my phone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk