Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mojonation1487

Aug 6, 2010
I noticed the test 3 link was still named test 2 when you go to download it.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA Premium App

Test 3 is test 2. Here's how they are arranged:
TEST (Test 1)
TEST 1 (Test 2)
TEST 2 (Test 3)

Kind of crappy way of naming things but at least its progress and for that we are grateful except for one person in this thread who shall not be named but shunned.

johnh123

Jun 23, 2010
Is there any ideas or work being done that will allow us to use skype video with cm7? It works with all the sense based roms, but not with cm7.

MechaMorph

May 27, 2010
Verizon is definitely still fixing the issues. My 4G and 3G are both fairly spotty right now.

As for the ROM after using Test 3 (test2 in filename) for the last day I really like it. The only real quirk is the echo during phone calls. The wife is getting annoyed with that one so if it isn't corrected soon I'll have to go back to Tesla Coil until it is. :(

SubliminalME

Mar 23, 2011
Princeton
Is there any chance that, when it's all said and done, that the audio output will be louder than it is right now?

I use my TB for my mp3 player, and right now when it's plugged into my truck it's not loud enough on the highway with the windows down to hear the music.

The iPod that replaced it would have allowed my system to blow all the speakers at full volume...this just isn't cutting it right now.

raziel36

Jan 22, 2009
Is there any chance that, when it's all said and done, that the audio output will be louder than it is right now?

I use my TB for my mp3 player, and right now when it's plugged into my truck it's not loud enough on the highway with the windows down to hear the music.

The iPod that replaced it would have allowed my system to blow all the speakers at full volume...this just isn't cutting it right now.

Odd, my mirrors looked as if they could vibrate off the car a few minutes ago. I usually use Bluetooth, but the leankernel has issues with BT, so I was using AUX mode for the first time.. and really annoyed that motor sounds come through with the AUX cable :( the volume was definitely not a problem, though.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA App

SubliminalME

Mar 23, 2011
Princeton
Huh...both of my cars exhibit the same symptoms...and both are generally fairly strong stereos.

That being said, with the DSP, I can jack the bass way out of proportion...it's just the overall volume isn't as good as I'd like.

raziel36

Jan 22, 2009
Huh...both of my cars exhibit the same symptoms...and both are generally fairly strong stereos.

That being said, with the DSP, I can jack the bass way out of proportion...it's just the overall volume isn't as good as I'd like.

Not sure it's relevant, but for 5 minutes or so my volume did decrease drastically. When I opened the top of my mount, and the phone moved a bit, it went back to being loud(and killed my ears, as I'd turned it up to hear lol). My issue was caused by voice navigation, or the car dock app, I'm fairly certain. Something to test.. if other apps have used/tried to use sound.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA App

orcsbane13

Apr 6, 2010
How would I go about getting the screen off animation again? At some point it just quit working but is still selected in the menus.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

skeeter123

Mar 19, 2011
0=1

From time immemorial, software engineers begin counting at 0. Hardware engineers seem to think that 0 = nothing and start counting at 1. As my pappy would say "one of y'all ain't made rite" :D

Seriously, what a great start for CM7. Absolutely outstanding for a pre-Alpha. All the hard work shows, right outta the gate!

jvward

Apr 20, 2010
Hey Has anyone found a work around for the left and right channel bug while using headphones?

I skimmed the thread but I didnt see a fix so if someone could help I would appricate it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please Read ENTIRE Post

Main contributors to the Mecha Device: CVPCS, toastcfh, and slayher

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This build will have bugs and issues! If you are feint of heart or not confident with your self to recover your phone through recovery, adb, or fastboot, you may want to think twice before flashing this ROM. If you are looking for a completely stable daily driver for a ROM, you may want to move on and wait. BUT, if you are familar with your Phone and are willing to submit issues with Logcats, radio logs, and kmsg logs, and helpful feedback, then you might wanna try this out.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****

**Known Issues**
    -Possible Data/Voice bugs and issues.
    -gps slow to get locks

As Always, make backups, and insure you wipe data/cache when loading the rom.

And for the download link: (no mirroring please) BIG thanks to Snipa / DrMac for the hosting
    I nor anyone else will take any responsibility for bricked phones using non-released radio images.

http://goo-inside.me/cm/mecha/stable/update-cm-7.1.1-Thunderbolt-signed.zip

No Data Wipe should be required, but as usual, if weird stuff happens, wipe it.

No Data Wipe should be required, but as usual, if weird stuff happens, wipe it.

** Changes/Fixes to 10/2 **
    -Fixed MMS
    -Fixed Up some Audio Bugs
    + BT fully working (AFAIK)
    - FM radio toggling to speaker breaks it
    -Sync'd Up with the mainline.
    Special Surprise in "About Phone"

Download the normal Gapps for HDPI devices.

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

FOR Real time discussion of the ROM and bugs etc, please join #slayher on irc.freenode.net
    This will be the best place for information gathering.

Thank you for stopping by! AND Please keep the thread on track/topic discussing the bugs and testing of the Release.
    The major issues are the sound when listening to music is only on one side. The mic sucks in a call as the feedback is terrible. The major issue is that the GPS is totally useless! It is worthless!

I'm sorry my pre-alpha test release, with warnings in the OP, is so useless and worthless.. I will try harder. :\
    Hot Issues and Topics concerning CM7 Test 4

Okay, since everyone is asking, I figured I'd just lay out the "State of the Union" regarding information in this thread. I don’t mean to sound like I represent slayher or Cyanogenmod 7 progress for the HTC Thunderbolt. I merely mean to answer the questions many people are now asking about the current release, Test 4.

As of this posting, Cyanogenmod 7.0 RC0 Test 4 (considered Pre-ALPHA), released 4/29/2011 at 12:23 AM is the latest version of CM 7.0 for the HTC Thunderbolt.

Download TEST 4 here:

Many of you have noted a discrepancy in the file name of the downloaded ROM and the name of the link... see below.

Hot Topics:

The File Name for Test N actually says test(n-1)...
    Many of you have noted that the file downloaded via the TEST 4 download links above and in the OP actually say test3 in the file name. This is because slayher used a 0-based numbering system, as most indexes in the mind of a developer are 0-based (counting starts at 0, not 1). Therefore, test0 was called "Test 1" since it was the first test... test1 was called "Test 2"... fast forward to today when test3 (filename) is called "Test 4". Does this make sense? To developers, yes.... to users, I know it is difficult. But since the developer determined this and chose the naming convention, both in the file name and what to call each build, we're just going to have to stick with it until he changes his mind. :)

Network Modes
    Note that the OP says that the Testing menu doesn’t display the correct radio options. That’s because you are to use the Network Mode options in menu >> Settings >> Wireless & Network >> Mobile Networks screen. “CDMA / EvDo auto” = 3G. “CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto“ = 4G LTE… which brings me to my next topic.

4G LTE Does Work... Kinda... but no signal bars ever appear, despite having strong 4G signal when it does work
    4G LTE DOES work in 4G markets under optimal circumstances and configurations. (PROOF: Here is a screenshot I took today in Columbus, OH on my HTC Thunderbolt running CM7 Test 4 with 4G LTE connectivity.) However, in order to make it work, you must be on the stock RADIO, and jump through some hoops – these methods have worked for me and a few others. However, most people have learned that switching the Network Mode to “CDMA / EvDo auto,” waiting for a strong 3G signal, then switching to “CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto” will eventually yield 4G LTE connectivity. I say eventually because some people who have gotten this to work have reported it has taken anywhere from 1 to 15 times. One drawback is if 4G is lost, you must repeat this process in most instances to get any data back. As a result, I think a fair amount of people are just sticking with 3G, which works well and is extremely stable if the Network Mode option in the settings is set to “CDMA / EvDo auto” – at least on the stock radio.

If you do get 4G to work, note that no signal bars will appear when using 4G LTE. This is a problem with the ROM at this point, but should not be considered an indicator of the actual 4G signal strength.

It should be noted that while 4G LTE does work, the speeds are closer to 3 – 5 Mbps depending on the area and time of a speed test, obviously significantly lower than 4G LTE speeds on Sense-based ROMS, but also significantly faster than 3G.

Problem: Switching between Wifi / Mobile Data breaks network connectivity
    Switching between Wifi / Mobile data on the Test 4 build “out of the box” will require a reboot of the phone or airplane mode on then off to reacquire network connectivity. As far as I understand it, this has something to do with an incorrect network gateway being acquired by Android on the handoff from one data source to another.

Solution: There is a zip you can flash via ClockworkMod Recovery (CWMR) that fixes this problem for most individuals. Imoseyon's instructions for first-time installation are: flash the zip via CWMR, disable wifi, reboot, then re-enable wifi. Then you should be able to use wifi normally. Download the fixwifi.zip file by imoseyon here.

Problem: Battery Life is Terrible and the Thunderbolt runs hot with the stock CM7 kernel
    The stock CM 7.0 kernel that comes with Test 4 destroys battery life, reducing it by a number of hours. Others have also reported that even slight data usage causes the Thunderbolt to heat up quite a bit.

Solution: This is easily circumvented, as flashing a lite CM friendly kernel made for the HTC Thunderbolt restores battery life to a very friendly and quite a bit cooler state! I use imoseyon's leanKerenel xtreme for the Thunderbolt on CM7. Imoseyon’s kernels are available here.

Be sure when you download one of the kernels for the Thunderbolt that you get the one FOR your ROM. With Cyanogenmod, be sure that Kernel Manager or the location you're downloading from indicates the kernel is for Cyanogenmod or AOSP. If your ROM is a Sense based ROM, be sure the kernel is described as being for a Sense ROM. Flashing the wrong one will result in you not being able to boot the device. If you DO flash the wrong one, simply mount USB in CWMR, move the correct zip file from your computer to the device, then flash the correct zip. All should work fine. It is probably a good idea to make a nandroid backup though, just in case. :)

GPS
    The GPS works in Test 4. I tried Test 3, and it couldn’t get a lock for anything. I had some trouble in Test 4, but after using a GPS Test app from the market, I’m able to get locks almost immediately. Most people didn’t report that issue, instead seeming to be readily able to lock on GPS at will.

In-Call Echo and Mic Issues RESOLVED
    I think most people can agree the MIC issues have been resolved with regard to calls in Test 4. When I used Test 3, most people I spoke to on the Thunderbolt complained about an echo they could hear of themselves. I *believe* this was due to the routing of the “ambient noise” mic on the back of the phone, routing its input back into the call stream. This seems to have been corrected. I use Test 4 as my “daily driver” and don’t have any issues – I actually think calls sound better than they did on the Sense based ROMS.

Audio Issues when Recording Video
    It seems that no audio is recorded when you are using the camera software to record a video. I don’t know of a fix.

Some Cyanogenmod Settings are not Saving
    Most people will point out that some sessions in the Cyanogenmod Settings area are not saving properly, which may or may not affect the themes configuration in the ROM.

Solution: I experienced this error, and per many people’s recommendations, determined that doing a Fix Permissions either in CWMR or in ROM Manager fixed the issue after rebooting. Many people have indicated they have had to do this several times. I did not experience this issue with Test 3, so I consider it regression.

White vs. Green Data Icons and Signal Bars
    White data icons actually mean that the device is receiving a data connection. Green icons mean the device is accessing Google Services (market, talk, apps, Gmail, etc.) over the data connection.

Again, I'm simply trying to consolodate all our confusion into one place, to hopefully help out the devs that are working so diligently to get us permanently out of Sense land.

I'm sure I missed something... if you want to respond to this message and let me know what, I'll try to include whatever can be confirmed. I'll also update it as fixes become available.
    They are 1 step above cyanogenmod. They create the source code. The device manufacturers are the cause of fragmentation. If it was up to Google we would all have the same version of android that is on the Nexus line of devices.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

To expand on this, I'll say the following: Manufacturers are to hardware as carriers are to wireless service. Just as carriers (Verizon Wireless, for example) think it's more profitable to be more than just a dumb pipe wireless service provider (meaning they don't JUST provide your wireless service, but also sell you goods like accessories, VCast apps, etc.), manufacturers want to be more than "dumb hardware vendors" - that is, a manufacturer such as Motorola thinks it's more profitable to offer something MORE than just hardware. They HONESTLY (and sadly mistakenly) believe that their "innovation" (quoted because no one honestly believes they actually innovate in anything software-related) via Motoblur and other OEM custom skins will allow them to be unique in the hardware manufacturing space. Sure, they'll be unique(ly crappy). Pretty much everyone I know says their (insert Droid, HTC phone, or other Android device) is nice, but is a little laggy and needs a better battery. Take away the crappy skins and stock Android will ALWAYS provide better battery life and out-perform the custom skins like TouchWiz, Motoblur, etc.

I honestly believe if Google could get away with it and not fear for the immediate death of Android by OEM abandonment, Google would mandate vanilla/stock Android for all new devices ala the Nexus One/S/Xoom devices. But they know the sh**storm they'd incur from OEMs as a result of that policy/action being taken. In fact, such a decision (for all we know) could infringe upon and void contracts Google has with said OEMs. In order to get the big manufacturers on board (such as LG, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc.) they had to throw the OEM's a bone that would allow them to differentiate among one another. Unfortunately for the end-user, that means a sea of varying OEM-customized skins and layers placed atop Android's already sleek (as of Gingerbread/Honeycomb) and intuitive base UI. And let's be honest - I can't think of a SINGLE skin (aside from CyanogenMod, which isn't a skin but a heavy customization of the base Android AOSP UI/code that doesn't take away or change for the worse Android in anyway) that is "innovative" or "better" than stock Android. There are small ways each skin adds things that are valuable and useful, but much of that could just be packaged into the stock ROM specific to the manufacturer's device.

As sad as it is, custom skins and superfluous, laggy, bloated software additions by OEMs and carriers are not Google's fault, really - how else were they to get these people to take a big risk on Android?

I have faith that the market will prevail and true, vanilla, "stock" Android will be seen as something that is so good there's not really room for it to be improved upon, and manufacturers will (some day) drop their custom skins, at least for the most part. Then again, it may not happen - I can't imagine the millions, if not collective billions that OEMs have spent developing, promoting, and advertising their horrible skins. That's too much of an investment to set aside... after all, OEMs and carriers want to see the fruits of their labors grow and be nourished for all they can be. And until that happens, we're probably fighting a losing battle. And if it appears to carriers/OEMs that their efforts to bog-down and bloat Android are working and making them money, then there'll be no incentive to stop the trend. =/

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    well i sent two back after a "soft brick" a fix did come out later but i can't sit around with a phone that don't work waiting on a fix...lot's of others had same issues...i just played dumb with verizon and got replacement

I'm sorry but this is why Motorola doesn't want people modifying their phones. Because when they realize they don't know what they are doing they send the phone back to get another one.

There was never a time that you couldn't have fixed your X had you known what you were doing. Maybe it was a learning curve for you, but you should not rip off your providers while you learn....

If you are not willing to eat the price of the phone if you ruin it you shouldn't be modifying it. And you certainly shouldn't be messing around when you have no idea what you are doing.

Sorry, just my opinion.