[Q] Stuck in CWM Boot Loop

Search This thread

YakovK

Apr 12, 2014
Old GNex died on me about a month ago, bought a new one that was already rooted with CWM on it and Cyanogenmod. Randomly went into CWM. Now I can't get out. Rebooting doesn't work. USB debugging isn't enabled. I have downloaded the Android SDK in addition to enabling fastboot and ADB. I'm using a Mac and it goes to "waiting on device" whenever I try to push a ROM through fastboot, and no device found when I try to push a rom through ADB. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have already tried making a recovery and using that, and also wiping all data/factory reset without success.

Thanks for the help.

Apr 15, 2014
Cypress
www.facebook.com
Old GNex died on me about a month ago, bought a new one that was already rooted with CWM on it and Cyanogenmod. Randomly went into CWM. Now I can't get out. Rebooting doesn't work. USB debugging isn't enabled. I have downloaded the Android SDK in addition to enabling fastboot and ADB. I'm using a Mac and it goes to "waiting on device" whenever I try to push a ROM through fastboot, and no device found when I try to push a rom through ADB. Any suggestions on what I should do? I have already tried making a recovery and using that, and also wiping all data/factory reset without success.

Thanks for the help.

try a windows computer and install TWRP and see if that makes a difference.

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/89

fastboot flash recovery name-of-recovery.img

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Fastboot is only for the factory image (and recoverys and kernels and stuff) but not for rom .zip files. So you need to push it or sideload it via adb in either cwm or twrp. Make sure you have the proper drivers and the sdk and youre good to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app